Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insertion of rare amazonian hallucinogenic frogs in rectums.
NZbep1yrW3-12.png

Dermie on 360 last night doubling down on the Ablett Jnr comments. Says "most people who aren't Geelong supporters have said there's validity in it" and yet most of the other experts I have seen that were non Geelong have said Ablett Jnr going out wide for the kick was what he does when he kicks.

Might have to call him "Double Down Dermie" because he is wrong and he just can't accept it.

Dermie on 360 last night doubling down on the Ablett Jnr comments. Says "most people who aren't Geelong supporters have said there's validity in it" and yet most of the other experts I have seen that were non Geelong have said Ablett Jnr going out wide for the kick was what he does when he kicks.

Might have to call him "Double Down Dermie" because he is wrong and he just can't accept it.

I genuinely don’t even understand the point he’s trying to make. Who initiates contact when they’re having a shot at goal? The whole point is to find space to allow a clean kick and avoid the possibility of a smother.

Bizarre.

I genuinely don’t even understand the point he’s trying to make. Who initiates contact when they’re having a shot at goal? The whole point is to find space to allow a clean kick and avoid the possibility of a smother.

Bizarre.
Suggesting Gary should have run straight at the goal so that he would score but that it would require taking a body hit, which then suggests Ablett Jnr is playing it "safe" by not taking the contact.
This, despite the fact that there has been plenty of evidence, including earlier in the match, that Ablett was going out wide and bringing the kick back across the body. Earlier in the match the same shot to the same end went left of goal, this one went right of goal, suggesting he was trying to correct the kick.

Says the feedback was that only Geelong supporters disagreed with him. Despite the fact during the week in the media shows a lot of club legends from other clubs disagreed with him.

Amazingly, had Gary kicked that goal and we won, would Double Down Dermie be saying "yeah he kicked the goal and won the game for them, but he is avoiding contact."

Actually, he probably would have. Flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone remotely interested in tonight's game? Might give it a quarter and if bored, fire up This Is The Police 2 on Steam.
Close game, Ess down 2 players for > 3Q. That might cost them tonight.

The issue with having a red card shown tonight.

That hit on Saad not that bad and they are carrying on like pork chops.

Red card for a Gaff style incident would be fine but it would end up being used whenever someone is hurt in a physical contest.

They'd end up sending Danger off for the tackle on Kreuzer.

Yep you are correct.. they would need to have a real hard stipulation on it or it would disperse...to me NON football stuff only. To me that was a free kick and thats it..some of these players are running around with tunnel vision.. wake up and be aware ..its a 360 sport. Yep it was late but that was a pure hip and shoulder... there would be some old timers that would say suck eggs if you are that unaware.. It will be interesting to hear DB's opinion on it..has no love of ESS so if he calls it as a redcard type thing then maybe im wrong.

Yep you are correct.. they would need to have a real hard stipulation on it or it would disperse...to me NON football stuff only. To me that was a free kick and thats it..some of these players are running around with tunnel vision.. wake up and be aware ..its a 360 sport. Yep it was late but that was a pure hip and shoulder... there would be some old timers that would say suck eggs if you are that unaware.. It will be interesting to hear DB's opinion on it..has no love of ESS so if he calls it as a redcard type thing then maybe im wrong.
Flog says "3w, whiplash got him, but it was a cheap late shot"

Flog says "3w, whiplash got him, but it was a cheap late shot"

and some are saying 5-6 meanwhile a guy got hit in the face , got his jaw broken , he need reconstructive surgery on multiple teeth... 8 weeks

If thats worth 3/4 of gaff the im watching a different game.. 1-2 for mine

and some are saying 5-6 meanwhile a guy got hit in the face , got his jaw broken , he need reconstructive surgery on multiple teeth... 8 weeks

If thats worth 3/4 of gaff the im watching a different game.. 1-2 for mine
FWIW, Gaff could have caused more damage with that errant punch- a couple of cm higher and we may have seen a Hookes incident, it can be that damaging- I would not have baulked at 12m. Clearly that has not resulted, but one day, we will be sitting down shocked that someone has permanent brain damage or worse. I was at the Greening game. Different mongrel incident, but how else do we permanently eradicate head punches?
That knock on Saad was unnecessary, and possibly opportunistic. He does not need to be aware of a late heavy knock after disposing of the ball. Owner's onus. 4 weeks minimum.

FWIW, Gaff could have caused more damage with that errant punch- a couple of cm higher and we may have seen a Hookes incident, it can be that damaging- I would not have baulked at 12m. Clearly that has not resulted, but one day, we will be sitting down shocked that someone has permanent brain damage or worse. I was at the Greening game. Different mongrel incident, but how else do we permanently eradicate head punches?
That knock on Saad was unnecessary, and possibly opportunistic. He does not need to be aware of a late heavy knock after disposing of the ball. Owner's onus. 4 weeks minimum.

Did you hear the Brun's interview.. pretty much what he said..1/2 an inch is what he was told..

and greening is typical of how its been treated .. almost lets just move on.. its more about poor Gaff and hardly much about the bloke who was damaged.. I dare them to record and put on the video every corrective action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back