Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you have pick 10 going into the draft and there's a bid inside the top 10 you'll have to wait another day? Not to mention the fact that it'll either be a really short night or a really drawn out one.

Should be first round at a minimum. I would have thought first rounds tbh... then do the other rounds and drafts on the second night.
I'd say the team whose player has been bid for will either say you can have him or reject it and it'll continue with the team taking the selected player or picking again.

I wonder if they have taken Baxter Mensch off the midfield in the past month or so at TAC level, as his stats have dropped... Unless they've done it deliberately so that he goes under the radar and we can get him very late or as a rookie...

Wonder if anyone has been following Brayden Ham from the Falcons - Small/Mid Forward?

Has bagged a few this season, in an average side...

Menegolas becoming a very good player and is worth way more to us than we'd get in a trade.

I dont think well try and live trade up unless our FS bids come earlier than our R1 and wr need to tactically get around it. I expect minimal movement from us mainly fringe guys like thurlow murdoch ghs out for not much, we wont trade any quality players for picks unless we get a well overs offer for kelly, bring in one or two FAs (probably Dahlhaus) have a live R1 and our later picks for FS.

Well I have no real knowledge but it would not surprise me if did partake in a trade.
Lets say we dumped our R2 to ensure we did have to use it on Brownless or Scott .. now with in draft trading we can trade in and use the pick immediately .. so its not rel. to points usage.

For example ..one scenario...
we trade someone out for a future pick , it then gives us the option to use that future pick to get into the draft at a convenient time.

I know what you said about Menegola.. I'll use him only as an example. We trade him to Freo for their Future R2 , we then in draft have the ability to trade in with an amiable team..perhaps Gold Coast for P28 ...

So if you have pick 10 going into the draft and there's a bid inside the top 10 you'll have to wait another day? Not to mention the fact that it'll either be a really short night or a really drawn out one.

Should be first round at a minimum. I would have thought first rounds tbh... then do the other rounds and drafts on the second night.

As usual Id say they have not really thought about it any further than having 10 guys on the stage.

His pressure act ranking is very good. Thats what they want from him. The rest will come with time.
I really hope so - unfortunately he doesn't have many other attributes yet except tackling which won't be enough. His job as a small forward is to kick goals and have defenders on their toes. I really hope he develops because he needs to in a lot of areas (marking, speed, goals)

I really hope so - unfortunately he doesn't have many other attributes yet except tackling which won't be enough. His job as a small forward is to kick goals and have defenders on their toes. I really hope he develops because he needs to in a lot of areas (marking, speed, goals)
Was not drafted as a small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Literally talked about being ready to contribute forward pressure pretty much right after we drafted him.
tenor.gif

Who is he?
Miers, discussion was about how hes leading the goalkicking in the VFL, is a small forward but cant get a look in. Fitness isn't the issue, so we were looking for a reason. He is proven to be slow.

Why are they playing him as a small forward and what was he drafted for? If you say midfielder fair enough but don't see the aerobic capacity to excel at it...

Same reason as Parsons and Parfitt playing forward when they aren't, our small forwards can't stay on the park. Don't write the kid off in his first season. Someone has to play there. He has held down a spot in a strong team pretty much all year, something none of our 'stars' were able to do bar Joel Selwood. Reckon there will be some egg on a few faces in a few years with this kid.

Miers, discussion was about how hes leading the goalkicking in the VFL, is a small forward but cant get a look in. Fitness isn't the issue, so we were looking for a reason. He is proven to be slow.
Thanks.. I do it as much as anyone ..but its does make it difficult to interpret when the "he and his" gets quoted instead of a name some times many pages from the original post.

On Miers He is a first year player and has plenty to learn and to develop. Many FP like him take many years...he has a chance..he is on a list

I actually like him as a link up player as well as a goalsneak. Makes good decisions and handles pressure (at least at the levels he's played so far).

On some level I do worry that he could end up in the Horlin-Smith quagmire of too many good attributes to get rid of, too many bad ones to get a regular gig.

Ok whats peoples opinion on this potential trade.

Geelong Trade Kelly To Fremantle + Pick 10-12
Fremantle Trade Pick 6 to Geelong + Sean Darcy

Would you do it?
Kelly and our 2nd round for Pick 6 and Sean Darcy

The gap between Darcy and Kelly is not a 4 pick upgrade. Freo can't get Kelly and keep a top 10 pick.

Thanks.. I do it as much as anyone ..but its does make it difficult to interpret when the "he and his" gets quoted instead of a name some times many pages from the original post.

On Miers He is a first year player and has plenty to learn and to develop. Many FP like him take many years...he has a chance..he is on a list

That’s the thing though. We don’t have any concerns about blooding first year players over the journey, even in big games. So that takes out another common reason to not play him. I need to start watching VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back