Game Day Round 21 - Hawthorn v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many minutes until someone tries to snipe Danger off the ball?

I reckon 13 minutes into the 2nd.
I reckon they'll target Ablett too!

If or when the Poos+Wees snipe Danger, off the ball, all I want is for Danger to go into Beast Mode + kick a bag! Like Rd17 2017.

Good move

GEELONG looks set to tackle Brownlow Medal favourite Tom Mitchell head-to-head rather than applying a Scott Selwood clamp on Saturday.

Coach Chris Scott has refused to apply a proper shutdown role on Mitchell in his three games as a Hawk against the Cats, with the gun midfielder averaging more than 38 disposals.

Despite Selwood's availability – for the first time against Mitchell in Hawks' colours – the Cats are expected to back in their own midfield system at the MCG.

"(We) try to limit his impact in the first place," Scott said on Thursday.

"I think there is a bit of a school of thought out there that clubs just don't care about it and they don't put any work at all into limiting his influence.

hawks will crank up the pressure and try to lock the ball in their half. Cats since the bye have loosened up their defensive structures and will try to take the game on through the middle- last week's last qtr may have emboldened them even more. Chris Scott post bye has changed the way the cats play. We concede more and are still trying to get the offensive system working. Risky change from Scott that will be judged as a failure if we don't get the points today. Expect cats to risk everything in the last qtr. Big big game

hawks will crank up the pressure and try to lock the ball in their half. Cats since the bye have loosened up their defensive structures and will try to take the game on through the middle- last week's last qtr may have emboldened them even more. Chris Scott post bye has changed the way the cats play. We concede more and are still trying to get the offensive system working. Risky change from Scott that will be judged as a failure if we don't get the points today. Expect cats to risk everything in the last qtr. Big big game
It's a necessary change. You need to play to your strengths which are a dominant midfield and a star power forward. Being defensive does nothing for our strengths.

Hopefully the rain stays away today.

It's going to be an arm wrestle regardless.

Geelong by 12pts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a necessary change. You need to play to your strengths which are a dominant midfield and a star power forward. Being defensive does nothing for our strengths.
it will be viewed as a strength and necessary change only if we win big games. Forward line is still an issue after years of trying to get the mix right. Injuries haven't helped, but.....a strength?

I’m out in the middle of nowhere and only occasionally getting internet. We cannot/mustnot lose this. Get us over the line Miss Kitty and crew

We will miss you, patience!

My Hello Kitty sitting in the Loo watching the game is up + I've changed the TV pic to Geelong beating Poos+Wees *fingers crossed, not arrogant assumption we will win*

This is a must win, patience! Look forward to your posts, when you can.

Close games are great to remember, I think we are all still loving The Moment, right?

But not today! We need a strong decisive win because our % is 118.8 + Hawks is 121.4.
Clever guys, how many goals do Geelong need to win, to get back into the Top Eight?

Another concern is that for some reason, players do not take the lower eight teams seriously, long gone are the huge scores we used to make, blowing away lower teams.

Also, I reckon Freo + Suns will try to rain on our parades, to keep Geelong from Finals, if there is even a sniff they can do it.
All of the above is so true. I think i read earlier that a 20p win will take us past the hawks on % !? not sure if that's accurate or taking the P 1 55

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back