Game Day Round 21 - Hawthorn v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how Stanley will go against the Ceglar/Pittonet combo?
Clarkson has the balls to play two ruckman and try to exploit a teams perceived weakness. If only we had the same line of thinking.

We should have played two last week and we should have played two this week. In saying that, it just adds another peanut to Hawthorn's team sheet.

First Goal - Hawkins
Last Goal - Menzel
Most Touches - Ablett
Most Goals - Menzel
Most Marks - Henderson
Most Tackles - Parfitt

B.O.G - Ablett after the amount of sh*t Dermott talked about him. Ablett 35 touches & 3 goals.

Also (this isn’t going to end well) but I just have a feeling one of the iffy inclusions in Parsons & O’Connor will have a great game. Maybe O’Connor will be more attacking from the half back line than he used to be, maybe Parsons will use the ball better & not try to be too cute, not sure just think one of those guys will have a good impact.

Tip - Pls Geelong

Clarkson has the balls to play two ruckman and try to exploit a teams perceived weakness. If only we had the same line of thinking.

We should have played two last week and we should have played two this week. In saying that, it just adds another peanut to Hawthorn's team sheet.
He's not playing 2 rucks to exploit an opposition's perceived weakness, he's doing it to try to counteract his own team's weakness and the opposition's perceived strength.

He's not playing 2 rucks to exploit an opposition's perceived weakness, he's doing it to try to counteract his own team's weakness and the opposition's perceived strength.
We don't have a player with the ability to play as an effective 2nd ruckman. He's trying to exploit our weakness just as we should have done last week against Richmond.

I see Cunico too often try and snap the ball over his body long to contests instead of straightening up and spotting up a target. He panics a little and doesn't yet have the composure to perform in big games. Thurlow just doesn't have any footy smarts and Jones doesn't do enough. I think they see Parsons as having more ability to impact the scoreboard and O'Connor is obviously in the side to play a specific role which is more suited to him than say Thurlow. There's not much difference having O'Connor and Parsons in the side over Thurlow and Cunico. The other changes were no brainers.

Sounds like you think Cunico would do well at StKilda ... Parson cops a lot..but most people must be missing what the coach sees.. to me it must be something subtle ... is it k's , I dont know ..I liked what I saw in the VFL but the pressure of the AFL has found him out a bit.

It matters to them. All I've read all week is how they can end our season. It matters.
Dont let history fool you.

Hawfies live in a complex whereby any game they beat us "matters" but if we win ut didnt because
1. It wasn't a final and then after 2011 QF
2. It wasnt an elimination final

So considering if we lose today it doesnt mathematically drop us out of the race, this game doesnt matter if you apply their absurd filter.

It matters to them. All I've read all week is how they can end our season. It matters.

Don't be silly - Hawks fans move the goalposts on which games matter depending on the result. Only finals mattered until we beat them in 2011, then it was only knockout finals. Apparently it didn't matter in 2009 when they finished 9th and we beat them twice by under 10 points... sure, they would have made finals if they'd won those games but those games "didn't matter"... Likewise in 2010 where they lost to us twice by under 10 points. If they'd won those games they'd have made Top 4. But what does Top 4 "matter"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the years they have repeatedly targeted Selwood off the ball, far more than anyone else.
That is true! Remember when Selwood retaliated? Was it Lewis?

Dont let history fool you.

Hawfies live in a complex whereby any game they beat us "matters" but if we win ut didnt because
1. It wasn't a final and then after 2011 QF
2. It wasnt an elimination final

So considering if we lose today it doesnt mathematically drop us out of the race, this game doesnt matter if you apply their absurd filter.
They all matter. They win those 2 games against us in 2009 they play finals.

Not fit enough. No need. He's going to get the ball regardless so it's about limiting his effectiveness once he has it.

And with a bloke on his hammer all day, bit hard to effectively distribute wouldn't you think. Selwood has enough gas in the tank for this game, without doubt.

He's not on the emergencies, so can't play.

Maybe it was VFL?

He can replace an emergency, but one of those emergencies needs to be injured or suddenly become sick :rolleyes:
Then he can be named in the side, if one of the 22 also suddenly comes down with a stomach virus :rolleyes:
So a lot needs to happen I'd think.

And with a bloke on his hammer all day, bit hard to effectively distribute wouldn't you think. Selwood has enough gas in the tank for this game, without doubt.
Selwood can't run with him. Mitchell's tank is too big it's why he keeps getting to contest after contest and gets as much of the ball as he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back