Division 1 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guy's, the family was touched by the gesture and support given by the wider EFL community

Red Devil, anytime I walk into the pizza shop in Mitcham now, the first thing they ask is "Home delivery ??" - $3 bucks extra for the pizza but save about $12 bucks on the cab ;)

Cheers
Dogga Curtis

Thanks guy's, the family was touched by the gesture and support given by the wider EFL community

Red Devil, anytime I walk into the pizza shop in Mitcham now, the first thing they ask is "Home delivery ??" - $3 bucks extra for the pizza but save about $12 bucks on the cab ;)

Cheers
Dogga Curtis
I take it your on uber eats lol .very touching last saturday to see the group wait for you to sing the song .(can in hand)footy clubs cop a lot of crap at times but they are a great place for support and friendship.

Doncaster are the real deal. They’ll be hard to beat come grand final day. Chris Annakis Had a day out

Sounds like a great win but 1 step at a time before we talk about grand finals.The South Croydon come from behind win after being a long way behind is a great effort and at this stage not much between the current top 5.Points system and salary perhaps starting to even up D1.

Young bloke going to be OK Damo, will have a week off at this stage. Nice compliments for a great performance.

I tend to agree with G, any of the top 5 will be there. I would expect that the Vermont side from last week will be bolstered by a few handy ones that will make them stronger. If we can be at full strength we can match it with any, but lots of water to flow. We have learnt the hard way the top 3 are in the prime positions to play off.

What that win does for us is put us in a position that our destiny in regards to the top 3 is all up to us. All of the other top 5 play each other in final rounds, we don't play any, but on any given day you must be at your best.

Salary Cap drops from $225k to $215k in 2019. Goal being that all metropolitan senior competitions will have a maximum limit of $200k by 2020.

I am sure that the EDFL still currently on $250k got the memo?

Salary Cap drops from $225k to $215k in 2019. Goal being that all metropolitan senior competitions will have a maximum limit of $200k by 2020.

I am sure that the EDFL still currently on $250k got the memo?
Does it matter what leagues caps are when there are so many loop holes. With the points it's transparent. The $$ cap needs to be fully enforced statewide to have credibility.

We are Just about due for a Rodney Eade article it’s been 2 weeks!! Or the football manager whinging to the leader about injuries again.

From what i hear over the weekend, there will be an article on Rodney in 2 weeks at seasons end, probably not one he'd be looking forward to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i hear over the weekend, there will be an article on Rodney in 2 weeks at seasons end, probably not one he'd be looking forward to.

Will he go around again another season? Will be interesting to see what he can do before pre-season this time in terms of creating the list he wants.

If you go on last season's results. Finish 2nd and go out in straight sets, then Mick Malthouse could be in next season.

Top 5 looks set, although the order could change a bit in the last 2 rounds. Vermont have a couple of really hard games to finish the season.
Balwyn will miss out, 2 games and percentage outside the 5 with 2 games to go. Both Blackburn and Rowville should win one or both of their last 2 games.

Quite content with the ladder as it is Cliff, just two more rounds!!!

Noble Park have a good young senior squad & are heading in the right direction.

Some interesting results in the twos, struggle to remember so many one sided results in Division 1. It isn't just the 19s that are a battle these days at the top level.

How was that hail? I was coping it in the eyes & don't know how the players managed to concentrate in such adverse conditions.

Quite content with the ladder as it is Cliff, just two more rounds!!!

Noble Park have a good young senior squad & are heading in the right direction.

Some interesting results in the twos, struggle to remember so many one sided results in Division 1. It isn't just the 19s that are a battle these days at the top level.

How was that hail? I was coping it in the eyes & don't know how the players managed to concentrate in such adverse conditions.

Montrose U19's forfeit,surely graded U19's in next season.D2 all clubs field U19's (no forfeits this season so far) but Park Orchards,Lilydale and Croydon are a class above the rest.The 4th team has a percentage of about 75% and the rest similar and lower and the top 3 over 200%.

Balwyn seem to be disappointing this year, what’s the go with their reserves? I always find it a bit of an indicator of a club’s health.

Yesterday’s score Blackburn 23.16 Balwyn 0.5

What’s more, the match result only has 16 players listed.

Try contacting the herald sun / leader local footy . Every second article is about them so they should know.

Graded 19s will stretch club resources further than they are now

So stretch them so kids play a more suitable standard of footy - or people don't complain about drop out rates. Just ridiculous to pretend that a colts side has any correlation with a senior club teams ability in all situations.
TBH all you need is a TM, 1st aid and some willing water carriers. Pay the trainer (most important person at a footy ground tbh) a couple of hundred bucks (most clubs seem capable of paying an overrated hack these sort of $$ to play down there... ), the TM is a parent, the water carriers are players who miss out / little brothers etc.
Make it happen bc its a terrible look for a comp that likes to say it is the premier suburban comp in Melb to have colts teams forfeiting...
And it wouldn't be every week anyway that's resources are stretched - I'd guarantee there are 4-5 div 1 clubs that would all have their colts in the same division so the fixturing caters for these clashes as a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back