Social Off Topic Thread - Revival of the House of Dastardly Crax

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Window left open, most cats like sleeping in cars especially in winter when it's sunny because it's nice and warm like a greenhouse and comfy.
Whereas my neglected five Les Petites just have to tolerate an open fire all day + night, an electric blanket + their sunroom in the morning lol

Why?

Is this a joke?
Joke, thinking of Mr O'Reilly from Fawlty Towers.

Also I very briefly worked with a company years ago that employed almost all Irishmen, a couple of them were fine but the rest were the biggest collection of rubbish tradesmen I've ever seen in one place.

Last edited:

Hello Kitty ole CSL has flown up a fair bit since you sold them!
I know!!! **** :eek::eek::eek:

But I did sell high, bought some back at a lower price! But **** should have bought more, still the gimps on the estate need wages, food + shelter :p

But I did sell high, bought some back at a lower price! But **** should have bought more, still the gimps on the estate need wages, food + shelter :p
I'd buy some but they are just too expensive atm.

Brother sent us an Argonaut initiation report on an oil junior a couple of weeks back, spent all weekend reading up on it and thought ok screw it I'm buying. Then when I found out he hadn't looked at it himself yet talked myself out of it and pulled the bid off. From the next day they've gone up like 25% in the 2 weeks since :mad:

Last edited:
I'd buy some but they are just to expensive atm.

Brother sent us an Argonaut initiation report on an oil junior a couple of weeks back, spent all weekend reading up on it and thought ok screw it I'm buying. Then when I found out he hadn't looked at it himself yet talked myself out of it and pulled the bid off. From the next day they've gone up like 25% in the 2 weeks since :mad:

Why, oh why?

You could always just invest a couple of thousand, if you thought they were good.

Why, oh why?

You could always just invest a couple of thousand, if you thought they were good.
It was only for a small amount about 3k, still annoying.

Worst was not buying ATS that he really liked and knows 1 of the blokes in management (think I even wrote that tip down on here) @ 20c. It's up over 50c now..

She rang him to say the house had caught fire, he arrived after the cops, fire brigade + Rural Fire Service left.

Had a look at the damage + said something like, he didn't notice the hole in the ceiling o_Oo_Oo_O But didn't return the $250 she paid him that morning. I thought he would at least return the money she'd paid him. Right?

Fortunately, she is insured + while she's annoyed he didn't refund the money, I suggested she let the insurance company deal with him + to fix it.

Yes, it's such a disappointment for her. She works really hard + is investing everything to improve the house. Had the exterior painted, repaired fences, she's a keen gardener + has painted inside herself.
The loss of her own hard work would surely hurt, even in a non monetary sense. Makes me think of the little things we've done to our house and how none of that would matter to an insurance company...

Hopefully they do enough to get her back on track, though.

The loss of her own hard work would surely hurt, even in a non monetary sense. Makes me think of the little things we've done to our house and how none of that would matter to an insurance company...

Hopefully they do enough to get her back on track, though.
Yes, it really does. Making the house her home + damaged by smoke, which a lot of people don't realise, just how damaging smoke is. But she's a brave person + she's accepted what happened, is ready to move on.

It's so freaking cold. I'd light a fire as well as having the split system on but I haven't used it since I put in new expensive carpet 3 years ago.

One thing out here I've noticed over my life time is how much mallee roots have disappeared in the country. I mean as a kid they were always a good find, now finding one is like striking gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so freaking cold. I'd light a fire as well as having the split system on but I haven't used it since I put in new expensive carpet 3 years ago.

One thing out here I've noticed over my life time is how much mallee roots have disappeared in the country. I mean as a kid they were always a good find, now finding one is like striking gold.
Freaking freezing here + the wind is horrendous!

You don't use your fire? Is it an open fire or a wood combustion fire?

I have an open fire in the TV sitting room, which is very warm. But it's only 6.8℃ atm with wind gusts of 40kph - the Effective Temperature is 1.9℃.

Do you have a fire screen? What about some old carpet to put in front of the fire?

Freaking freezing here + the wind is horrendous!

You don't use your fire? Is it an open fire or a wood combustion fire?

I have an open fire in the TV sitting room, which is very warm. But it's only 6.8℃ atm with wind gusts of 40kph - the Effective Temperature is 1.9℃.

Do you have a fire screen? What about some old carpet to put in front of the fire?
I have an old combustion type fire with a glass door but it's placed with the back half within an old fire place that seems to really reduce its effectiveness. I could put some old carpet in front of it I guess but I'm not sure it's worth the effort when you have to clean it up after and stuff.

Yes, it really does. Making the house her home + damaged by smoke, which a lot of people don't realise, just how damaging smoke is. But she's a brave person + she's accepted what happened, is ready to move on.

Well that's really impressive of her. If she can keep going through that then I'm sure it would take something truly extraordinary to stop her and her house!

Have you received your portraits, or any response at all?

Just an automated acknowledgement. I'll let you know if anything more interesting comes from it!

I'm not interested in a dick measuring contest online.
What have you been up to this week, seem a bit quiet. Scared about the albeit remote possibility that Freo might knock off Geelong on their own dung-heap? :D

CSL up again after the report to hit another all time high :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back