News 2018 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends which club you are George. As Brian Speaking just tweeted. Taylor Walker sling tackles Kelly....knocks him out....most probably won't play this week. TWO weeks. Saad gets bumped....not in the head....doesn't get knocked out. Will probably play this week. THREE weeks.

And then Nathan thanked them. We have always been a target at the tribunal. We are easy to roll over.
Yeah, Walkers was sling double action with intent imo.
Brown was a late bump but wasn't high contact.

I can't recall a tribunal night where we got off.
I can recall being made an example of yet no prescedence set.

I'm still dirty Big Carl got 6 weeks in 1966 and missed the GF. Long suspensions pretty unheard of then. Probably because he had long hair.
Baker. Never get over that one.
Hand slap on Stevie J... 11 weeks wasn't it.

What did Scott get for hitting Roo's broken collar bone again?

Baker. Never get over that one.
Hand slap on Stevie J... 11 weeks wasn't it.

What did Scott get for hitting Roo's broken collar bone again?

TBF, Baker was charged what, 9 times for misconduct with Stevie? On average per charge he got off kinda lightly.

The issue was one the AFL use a lot "1 rule for you and now we change it" which is why my plan when we win a flag is to break into Etihad after hours and steal a goal post.

Then joust with AFL office windows.

For my name means king, and I decree it will be open season to find that rug and all the nasty dirty hobbitsses secrets it is hiding.

TBF, Baker was charged what, 9 times for misconduct with Stevie? On average per charge he got off kinda lightly.

The issue was one the AFL use a lot "1 rule for you and now we change it" which is why my plan when we win a flag is to break into Etihad after hours and steal a goal post.

For my name means king, and I decree it will be open season to find that rug and all the nasty dirty hobbitsses secrets it is hiding.
Haha. Sounds like a plan.
SJ's hand was well bandaged and he was deemed fit to play. Bakes was a marked man by that stage.

another fine day for our QC ? ( soft and didnt do his homework )
Brown stitched up by Gleason took 9 mins
the ump said he thought saad could still effect contest , Gleason said it was late, and didnt think saad was capable of getting a return handpass
seen all on tv and wasnt going to change his view
can we appeal
https://twitter.com/AFLcomau?lang=en&lang=en

the ump said he thought saad could still effect contest , Gleason said it was late, and didnt think saad was capable of getting a return handpass
can we appeal
#needanewQCtoo

Gleeson explains why he believes the bump was intentional: - He says Brown had a clear view of Saad. - He says Brown admitted that he "could have" avoided the contact entirely. - He says that if you look at the vision, it's clear Saad didn't know Brown was coming.

the bump was bloody fair , and no head contact , Saad was still running to forward line ( Wow big boys game, go on the field be prepared for contact )

Gleeson explains why he believes the bump was intentional: - He says Brown had a clear view of Saad. - He says Brown admitted that he "could have" avoided the contact entirely. - He says that if you look at the vision, it's clear Saad didn't know Brown was coming.

the bump was bloody fair , and no head contact , Saad was still running to forward line ( Wow big boys game, go on the field be prepared for contact )

I'm surprised this had to be argued TBH.

Saad clearly had NFI Brown was there, otherwise he would not have gotten concussed by running into him, then lurching forward, then knocking his noggin an supermanning back.

If Saad had any idea that another player was on that field in that space, he'd have retained his cognitive abilities.

Yep, the Gia / Kosi incident very similar to Brown / Saad. Kosi never the same.
How many weeks Gia get again?

Well of course it was all Kosi’s fault....no peripheral vision, remember?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can we appeal

Appeal, are you mad? Our club doesn’t support its players like that.
They admit on national television that we “could have done it better.”
( Just ask Carlisle)

( Just ask Carlisle)
tks i forgot about Carlisle .
No pres conference by CEO telling everyone we will investigate it, and if Carlton want to take if further, let us know
(end of media story )
time matches our downward spiral

The league always raves about the 360 degree nature of our game and how its makes it almost unique in world sport and I'm sorry to say this about Saad but he showed absolutely zero spatial awareness.

Brown should go for at least a week but he will end up copping a longer suspension simply because Saad forgot he was on an AFL field.
I remember an incident where Justin Koschitzke had a collision with Daniel Giansiracusa where Kosi was blamed for having poor spacial awareness and Giansiracusa was considered an innocent party performing a legal bump.

I remember an incident where Justin Koschitzke had a collision with Daniel Giansiracusa where Kosi was blamed for having poor spacial awareness and Giansiracusa was considered an innocent party performing a legal bump.
Double standards for sure K

How times have changed. Gia would get about 6 weeks + for that bump now. Absolutely cleaned up Kosi and pretty much ruined his career with that bump. Was seen as 'good hard footy' at the time. Personally I thought it was low from Gia and never liked him after that. It was a crude act.

( Just ask Carlisle)
To be fair I’m not sure Nathan could have cared less. Was struggling to keep a straight face afterwards.

The crap thing is it would have been a 1-2 game suspension no fuss if it wasn’t Friday night and the game wasn’t good enough to shift 7 from banging in about it.

Baker lost a heap of weeks after his opponent was spotted on the ground , with no-one official seeing the incident.
Baker later admitted he's been running in front of his opponent and suddenly stopped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back