List Mgmt. 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.
I really used to respect the way he went about it but I must say I’m over his holier than thou pontifications. He is articulate and I think he calls well, but I barely listen to him on SEN any more.

He really laid the boots into Browny, but Tex’s sling tackle rated not much of a mention.

Just try this. Close your eyes and picture Nathan Brown running into Saad again, then replace Saad with Whateley, and imagine his body snapping, and his neck jolting back. See, you feel better already.

Plenty of good news mate.

I think you'd fail to find a positive in a battery factory TBH.

I'm actually up beat in real life, this club has broken me.

Finnis wants to trade pick 4 for Hannah Mousey and an exclusive transgender round next year

We are a very inclusive club.

Unless of course your name is Hugh Goddard

#playhimffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Billings would be a huge mistake. Sure he has had a disappointing year but I’m confident he has 10-11 years of very good footy left in him
Top 5 in the AFL for goal assists despite us being ranked 15th for goals scored, and has been quite good since returning from the VFL. Had a very poor start to the year but has been a lot better than people give him credit for because he was a top pick. If he left, you can guarantee he'd be the exact type of player we miss.

Couldn't think of anything more stupid than trading him.

Top 5 in the AFL for goal assists despite us being ranked 15th for goals scored, and has been quite good since returning from the VFL. Had a very poor start to the year but has been a lot better than people give him credit for because he was a top pick. If he left, you can guarantee he'd be the exact type of player we miss.

Couldn't think of anything more stupid than trading him.

If we trade Billings and recruit Hannebery I will have a lot of spare time next winter

The Age running with..

AFL planning priority picks for BLUES and GC

The story appears to be based around the expectation that both clubs have been encouraged to apply for a priority pick from the AFL and will do so.

If I was Simon Lethlean I’d be preparing a submission ASAP. Like, 9:00am tomorrow morning.

We have won as many games as Gold Coast this year. Indeed they could beat Brisbane this week and win more games than us. I think we have to get one, especially after listening to the reporting of both Barrett and Wilson.

Yeah, nah. Nowhere near a gun mate. He plays in the Carlton backline so he’s in the play 90% of the game .Just an ordinary player IMO of course.
Disagree. I've seen enough of him before his injury at 21yo to suggest he'll be a very good defender.
And playing in Carltons backline doesnt make his job easier at his age. Especially with the lack of experience they have had this year in defence.
Comparing carlton U25s to ours. You can see why the afl feel the need to lend us assistance.
It wont be long before carlton mature. Us on the other hand? Big question marks.
Paddy? Goddard? Roberton? Rucks? More than half our list is questionable with no guarantees from here.
Whatever happens this offseason. I cant see us getting off the bottom of the ladder for a while. Players like Weller are well entrenched in our best 22.

The story appears to be based around the expectation that both clubs have been encouraged to apply for a priority pick from the AFL and will do so.

If I was Simon Lethlean I’d be preparing a submission ASAP. Like, 9:00am tomorrow morning.

We have won as many games as Gold Coast this year. Indeed they could beat Brisbane this week and win more games than us. I think we have to get one, especially after listening to the reporting of both Barrett and Wilson.
We've won four games. Three of which were against Lions, Suns (just) & Carlton.

We've barely been within five goals of most of the other teams were have played.

I'd been horrific. I just worry that we haven't had a 'sustained' stint down the bottom, like, bottom couple, so the AFL would be wary of handing them out.

We desperately need rescuing though, if we didn't get one and lost a top five pick this year I can't see a future with the club in the AFL.

We've won four games. Three of which were against Lions, Suns (just) & Carlton.

We've barely been within five goals of most of the other teams were have played.

I'd been horrific. I just worry that we haven't had a 'sustained' stint down the bottom, like, bottom couple, so the AFL would be wary of handing them out.

We desperately need rescuing though, if we didn't get one and lost a top five pick this year I can't see a future with the club in the AFL.

We need a priority pick. These are the facts:

1. We haven’t played finals since 2011 (7 years), longer than any club except Melbourne and Gold Coast.

* edit - Brisbane last played finals in 2009

2. We will finish 16th (3rd bottom)

3. We will win the second least number of games this year.

4. We are ranked 16th for points scored.

5. We are ranked 3rd for points against.

6. Our percentage is ranked 16th.

7. We have lost 10 games by 35 points or more this year.

8. Historically we have won more wooden spoons than any other team.

9. We have won only 1 premiership in 145 years

10. We haven’t won a premiership in 52 years.

11. We have significant debt and require AFL support to assist managing this debt (which we are doing).

12. We have had among the least number of top 10 draft picks since 2008.

Yep, I reckon we have a fair case for a priority pick using both current and historical facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back