90s Music - Nostalgia

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally this performance of this song is their musical peak for mine. All time!

I reckon Nirvana unplugged is the only physical CD I purchased twice after I lost my first copy when moving.
I have the Unplugged vid :)

Pearl Jams' 10, has to be 1 of the best albums released in the 90's. Probably posted most of the songs b4 & seen Jeremy in this thread :thumbsu:

I became a huge fan of Madonna in the 90’s. People all remember Madonna as the biggest female pop star of the 80’s but her 90’s albums from;

Erotica (1992)

Bedtime Stories (1994)

Ray of Light (1998)

Those 3 albums are probably the 3 strongest albums in Madonna’s discography and moved Madonna from a singles artist of the 80’s into a strong album artist

I became a huge fan of Madonna in the 90’s. People all remember Madonna as the biggest female pop star of the 80’s but her 90’s albums from;

Bedtime Stories (1994)

Those 3 albums are probably the 3 strongest albums in Madonna’s discography and moved Madonna from a singles artist of the 80’s into a strong album artist

If you don't want to know the scores, look away now.

If you don't want to know the scores, look away now.

Yes they use to play secret during the half time breaks from around the grounds during the 1995 afl season. Anyway secret was a great song and comeback from Madonna’s erotica/sex book period where at that time was Madonna’s lowest selling album with 6.8 million in album sales. Bedtime stories faired a little better thanks to bug sales in the states. With her huge hit take a bow being no.1 for 7 weeks. Bedtime stories in 1994-1995 sold 7.5 million world wide. And probably what most people rate as her greatest album of all time ray of light sold 16 million by the end of 1999 and she won 4 Grammys including best pop album.

Further note it is Madonna’s 60th Birthday tomorrow 16th August! Love her our hate Madonna’s she is diffinately a legend in the music industry that is for sure. All the stats prove this too. People forget just how huge Madonna’s was from 1984-2008 having Atleast 1 top 10 hit single each year in the USA, UK and Australian charts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always been of the same opinion regarding Madonna, her 90s was almost flawless.

1. Bedtime Stories
2. Erotica
3. True Blue
4. Ray of Light
5. Madonna

Those five albums are sensational, clearly her best for mine. The underappreciated MDNA is probably my next best.

Ray of Light gets a lot of accolades, but Bedtime Stories and Erotica are next-level.

I've always been of the same opinion regarding Madonna, her 90s was almost flawless.

1. Bedtime Stories
2. Erotica
3. True Blue
4. Ray of Light
5. Madonna

Those five albums are sensational, clearly her best for mine. The underappreciated MDNA is probably my next best.

Ray of Light gets a lot of accolades, but Bedtime Stories and Erotica are next-level.

Oh and you forgot imo her best album like a prayer in 1989! Absolutely flawless. Madonna cops a lot of flack but her albums from true blue (1986) to music (2000) were brilliant. No other artist has ever had the longevity as Madonna.

The Rolling Stones scoff at this suggestion.

Rolling Stones did not have the chart success of Madonna. Madonna has had more no.1 albums and singles and way more top 10 hits in every music market. Plus Madonna has sold over 100 million more records then the Rolling Stones. The Rolling Stones are the biggest touring act of all time. U2 are ranked 2nd and Madonna is ranked 3rd.

Anyone see footage from Pearl Jam's concert in Seattle last week? They played a cover of Stooges and Dead Boys with Mark Arm , Stever Turner and Kim Thayll; so along with Matt Cameron, Stone Gosard and Jeff Ament you basically had the ultimate Grunge supergroup representing Pearl Jam, Mudhoney, Soundgarden Green River and Mother Love Bone. Very ******* cool!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back