Goulburn Valley FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this rate the Bendigo thread will be more exciting than whats on offer here...must be some news somewhere.
Who finishes sixth? Looks like the Eagles nail down that spot with Euroa missing. 3rd placed position is a gift with double chance 2nd week of the finals. Either Echuca or Benalla look like winning the prize.

Who finishes sixth? Looks like the Eagles nail down that spot with Euroa missing. 3rd placed position is a gift with double chance 2nd week of the finals. Either Echuca or Benalla look like winning the prize.

Makes the Echuca v Benalla game very important. Hopefully Shepparton can push the mighty Kyabram to give us some hope of an interesting finals series.

So Morgan is definitely on the move is he? If those Rovers rumours are true gee whiz they are coming from a long way back. Huge challenge ahead. Who takes over at the Saints? Just about a full time job these days this coaching caper.

So Morgan is definitely on the move is he? If those Rovers rumours are true gee whiz they are coming from a long way back. Huge challenge ahead. Who takes over at the Saints? Just about a full time job these days this coaching caper.

Hit the nail on the head about the FT part of coaching. Its all about relationships so that means coffees, texts,calls, lunches etc..oh and then there is the training, game day,recruiting, meetings, media, club functions, oh and living a life!

Hit the nail on the head about the FT part of coaching. Its all about relationships so that means coffees, texts,calls, lunches etc..oh and then there is the training, game day,recruiting, meetings, media, club functions, oh and living a life!

Heard from someone close to the club today that he isnt leaving Benalla and was about to sign a new contract very shortly... be interesting if he does or not.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scott Rowan named as the new coach of Euroa

Euroa Football Netball Club are extremely pleased to announce that Scott Rowan

has been appointed as non-playing senior XVIII football coach for 2019 and 2020.

Scott is a very experienced player and leader in country football.

Scott is currently in charge of the Reserve XVIII team at Euroa FNC and is a senior

assistant to current senior coach JD Hayes.

The process in appointing Scott allowed for an experienced, independent football

consultant to be engaged in the short-listing and interview process - subsequently

recommending to the club to appoint Scott into the role.

The Committee ratified this recommendation at a meeting on Tuesday 14 August.

President Scott Watson said, “our search for coaches has yet again pleasingly

taken us down a number of paths, it was nice to have options and is a

wonderful reflection on our club and where we are at”.

Other appointments at this stage are Brendan Redfern to continue as the

Under XVIII football coach with netball A Grade coach appointment Leanne Hamlyn

and Under 17 coach Emma Clignett also finalized. More to come here with a

number of vacancies to be filled at this stage.

2 more rounds to go

Shepparton vs Kyabram: Shepparton has been in form as well but can they beat the might of Kyabram? The answer is No, I think Kyabram by 50 points here

Mansfield vs Seymour: Mansfield vs Seymour Early this year was a 11 goal win at Kings Park to the Eagles. This time at Mansfield and with No Cole and Clifton for the Lions. I think Mansfield will win by about the same Margin. I think Mansfield are the team to look out for in 2019

Rochester vs United: United were Disappointing against a rampaging Bear to only kick 1.1 for a game. Rochester could of won by more agianst Seymour. Rochy will win by about 10 goals here

Swans vs Euroa: Euroa will win here. Sorry for being Captain Obvious

Echuca vs Benalla: I think this is a Interesting Game. With the Post I hear hear regarding the injury. Echuca just got over Euroa however hearing Echuca has a few injuries. I think Benalla will win this game by a couple of goals.

Mooroopna vs Tatura: I think the Tat players will be moviated after the Draw agianst Mansfield as they could of won that game if they kick straight(I know it was windy but not bloody gale) while Mooroopna has been struggling all year. Interesting it is a night game which I am looking forward to. Tatura could of won by 10 goals in the game earlier in the year and i think they will win by the same margin.

Will be a tough ask for Echuca if Buckley, McGlynn, Dornouf and McNamara don't come up. VFL commitments could also impact so will be interesting to see how it pans out on saturday

Ive been saying it for a few years, that its only a matter of time and a club that wants to get ahead of the pack will employ a full time coach. One that is heavily involved in not just the seniors but goes right down to juniors and school clinics!

Ive been saying it for a few years, that its only a matter of time and a club that wants to get ahead of the pack will employ a full time coach. One that is heavily involved in not just the seniors but goes right down to juniors and school clinics!

Personally think it makes sense. Would take the pressure off many volunteers and club people. Clubs would need to find the 60-80K to make it worthwhile. Admin, training, recruiting, player meetings, sponsorships, vision, one on one meetings with players, attendance at community functions, school programs, match day, recovery, Staff catch ups, club functions, director of coaching, junior conduit.... would easily tick off 40 hours a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think it makes sense. Would take the pressure off many volunteers and club people. Clubs would need to find the 60-80K to make it worthwhile. Admin, training, recruiting, player meetings, sponsorships, vision, one on one meetings with players, attendance at community functions, school programs, match day, recovery, Staff catch ups, club functions, director of coaching, junior conduit.... would easily tick off 40 hours a week.

Maybe clubs could redirect a chunk of the league fees into these positions as then the clubs admin and roles you stated would be taken over by the employed coach.

I have Been involved in a club with a part time employee and as a coach it made my job a lot easier and took all the pressure off volunteers.

I was not as heavily involved in footy prior to the hubs being formed but have they taken the stress and workload off volunteers or enhanced stress and workload.

Some coaches are just addicted to the job and spend stupid hours trying to find that extra 1% but they are becoming a dying breed.

Maybe clubs could redirect a chunk of the league fees into these positions as then the clubs admin and roles you stated would be taken over by the employed coach.

I have Been involved in a club with a part time employee and as a coach it made my job a lot easier and took all the pressure off volunteers.

I was not as heavily involved in footy prior to the hubs being formed but have they taken the stress and workload off volunteers or enhanced stress and workload.

Some coaches are just addicted to the job and spend stupid hours trying to find that extra 1% but they are becoming a dying breed.

I'm not talking about GV coaches here but in general feel the standard of coaches has slipped. In the past you had to generally apply for the role and have 3-4 others in for the role. I'm not sure that is the case now. Clubs find it hard to attract people to the role due to the workload involved.

brownsnake hearing a league is researching the possibility of footing the bill for it's clubs to have paid staff with the payment sitting outside salary cap .
Iirc Echuca had paid staff years ago which seemed to work well.

brownsnake hearing a league is researching the possibility of footing the bill for it's clubs to have paid staff with the payment sitting outside salary cap .
Iirc Echuca had paid staff years ago which seemed to work well.

Whilst on change in football, i believe that Craig Kelly is going to do a 'World Series Cricket' to the TAC Cup, including it becoming an U/19 comp down the track...not before time!

Whilst on change in football, i believe that Craig Kelly is going to do a 'World Series Cricket' to the TAC Cup, including it becoming an U/19 comp down the track...not before time!

Very hot off the press Ringo.

Great get. Your sources are spot on.

And even before SEN made comment of changing times with the TAC cup

Change to TAC had been touted all season with many TAC staff moving on this year.
Many suggesting it is a move toward American style college football and no open age football ?

Change to TAC had been touted all season with many TAC staff moving on this year.
Many suggesting it is a move toward American style college football and no open age football ?

Had to happen..it had become dated. My only other change for me would be to have the best TAC players get allocated to a VFL club and then are eligible to be drafted after 12 months.

Had to happen..it had become dated. My only other change for me would be to have the best TAC players get allocated to a VFL club and then are eligible to be drafted after 12 months.

I still think the SA and WA model works best - the 19’s or colts are actual part of the sanfl and wafl clubs. Meaning a kid can play state league ones if good enough. Admittedly difficult to do here where vfl clubs are de facto afl 2s. The 23rd man concept helps but does it go far enough?

When I hear things like no tagging in tac it shites me no end. If a kid is a jet he’ll find himself tagged soon enough in the big time! So let them prepare for it properly rather than a shop window...

Just my thoughts...!

I still think the SA and WA model works best - the 19’s or colts are actual part of the sanfl and wafl clubs. Meaning a kid can play state league ones if good enough. Admittedly difficult to do here where vfl clubs are de facto afl 2s. The 23rd man concept helps but does it go far enough?

When I hear things like no tagging in tac it shites me no end. If a kid is a jet he’ll find himself tagged soon enough in the big time! So let them prepare for it properly rather than a shop window...

Just my thoughts...!

Agree, don't believe that "Mickey Mouse' rules should be a part of a so called 'elite' competition. As for participation games for those not up to it ..spare me. Toughen up and play the best kids week in week out.

Will be a tough ask for Echuca if Buckley, McGlynn, Dornouf and McNamara don't come up. VFL commitments could also impact so will be interesting to see how it pans out on saturday
Echuca have beaten 2 teams in the 6 I believe Ringo!??! So yes they definitely need all troops on the park for this game if they expect to win. However there is a much more important game for the Murray Bombers in 2 weeks, so I would be resting any injury concerns.

Echuca have beaten 2 teams in the 6 I believe Ringo!??! So yes they definitely need all troops on the park for this game if they expect to win. However there is a much more important game for the Murray Bombers in 2 weeks, so I would be resting any injury concerns.
No mate haven't bothered the top 3 at all so tommorow may give a better indication of their situation.

Excellent win by Echuca today on so many levels, mostly their confidence in knocking off a top 6 team. Did the Echuca injury concerns end up playing Ringo?? Can you give me a review please?
Shepp Bears will be left scratching their heads in a game where the weather could have kept the margins closer. I was at the Merrigum- Lancaster game so would appreciate a summary of the Ky game from anyone there please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back