Political Discussion part #2 - Let’s go out for 10 Big Macs at the Engadine Maccas!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you are happy to pull the free media from a public space because they interviewed someone who has views you don't agree with?

When that free media business complains about this, you think it is even more reason to shut them up.

Are you even reading what you are posting or are you happy with Governments shutting down the independent media ?

This is more than opinions I don't agree with, surely you can see that.

Sky News chose to interview someone who thinks there should be a picture of Hitler in every classroom. Surely you can see they are not an appropriate channel to be put on in public spaces if they approve that sort of person to be on their shows.

This isn’t a removal of press freedom. This is Sky News being deemed unfit to be aired in public spaces as a result of their own conduct.

Last edited:

Sky News chose to interview someone who thinks there should be a picture of Hitler in every classroom. Surely you can see they are not an appropriate channel to be put on in public spaces if they approve that sort of person to be on their shows.

This isn’t a removal of press freedom. This is Sky News being deemed unfit to be aired in public spaces as a result of their own conduct.
The ABC have shown skits where people that criticise them are mocked rooting dogs, do you think such a station should be shown in public places?

I would prefer these to be out there and shown to be as stupid as they are, than to shut them down. Largely ecause who is drawing the line? where does that line stop? Any government that doesn't like the opinions can just shut it down?

his opinion, whilst bizarre, hardly seems unfit for TV I mean we give Anit-Vaxers and climate change deniers or even activated almond type diets far more time and their views are literally killing people.

sometimes you need to take your political point scoring hat off to realise what path you are heading down.

Last edited:
The broadcast news isn’t offensive, it was general programming, what else do you have?

General programming on a news channel - hence why they got the flick.

BTW if someone made similar comments on ABC News 24, and ABC News 24 was aired in train stations, I'd equally be supporting any motion to remove them from stations.

General programming on a news channel - hence why they got the flick.

BTW if someone made similar comments on ABC News 24, and that was aired in train stations, I'd equally be supporting any motion to remove them from stations.
Sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me reading the minutes from an executive meeting of a certain SA Health service about a decade ago & the main discussion item was complaints about one of the directors dog who she brought into work every day, but expected others to do the clean up...

Political Correctness gone mad.

The ACT ALP has been way too far left for my liking, ever since Stanhopeless was in charge. They're all about Land Rights for Gay Whales.

The ACT Liberals are a completely non-viable alternative, so it's a no-win situation for ACT voters.

The ALP has alienated alot of it's historical core voters. Personally, I was a hard core Labor voter for most of my life but would never vote for them again.

Ahh, Queenslanders

And with the most marginal seats at the next election, watch both parties pander to those rednecks

Bob Katter has to sack him first thing tomorrow morning.

Absolutely disgusting human being.

Now now, he's just expressing the mandate from the 2016 election that saw him get...

*checks tallies*

nineteen votes.

Since we can throw around the term now, I think we need a final solution to get him out of the Senate... unless i'm counting wrong, he's still got 4 odd years to go.

Last edited:
Now now, he's just expressing the mandate from the 2016 election that saw him get...

*checks tallies*

nineteen votes.

Since we can throw around the term now, I think we need a final solution to get him out of the Senate... unless i'm counting wrong, he's still got 4 odd years to go.
Fraser Anning replaced Malcolm Roberts, when he was disqualified by the High Court. One imbecile out, one imbecile in, status quo maintained. Roberts was one of the senators who drew the short straw after the double dissolution, and was only given a 3-year term:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-12/pauline-hanson-secures-six-years-in-senate/7730280

The good news is that Queensland voters will have the opportunity to get rid of him in 10 months time. The bad news is that Queensland voters are sufficiently stupid that re-election is a distinct possibility.

** Not all Qld voters are stupid, but an unnaturally high proportion are - given the inexplicable popularity of the Odd Notion party in that particular part of the world.

Fraser Anning replaced Malcolm Roberts, when he was disqualified by the High Court. One imbecile out, one imbecile in, status quo maintained. Roberts was one of the senators who drew the short straw after the double dissolution, and was only given a 3-year term:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-12/pauline-hanson-secures-six-years-in-senate/7730280

The good news is that Queensland voters will have the opportunity to get rid of him in 10 months time. The bad news is that Queensland voters are sufficiently stupid that re-election is a distinct possibility.

** Not all Qld voters are stupid, but an unnaturally high proportion are - given the inexplicable popularity of the Odd Notion party in that particular part of the world.

Ah, he's one of the ones who got 3 years, fantastic. Less than a year is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back