The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times did we pass it across goal for tap ins? Could have scored several goals like that. That was very similar to the way Man City scored a lot of their goals last season.
6 shots in the 6 yard box. We averaged 1.2 last season as compared with ManCity 1.5. So 6 is quite exceptional. In the Jurgen era (106 games) our previous best was 3 which we managed 8 times. In 41 games it was a big fat zero.

Just on James Milner. When he was brought in on a free. I was ok with it. Decent squad player who is a winner and a consummate pro. Coming in as a 28-29 year old. I thought he would be a bit part player. He contributed pretty strongly in his first year but I thought we had better options in midfield and he would be phased out.

Then he ends up spending most of his second season at the club at LB. Something he obviously didnt want but did the job to the absolute best of his ability where he became a pretty key figure for us.

Once Robbo was signed and he duly impressed. Last season Milner was left to go back into midfield. But with Wijnaldum now in midfield with Henderson and Can and with Salah joining the front three allowing Coutinho to drop back into midfield. Ox coming in, Lallana too. I thought Milner would very much be on the outer.

I mean up until this point, his two year career at Liverpool, he'd spend more time at LB. Yet he puts his head down and goes about impressing Klopp in training with his work ethic. Then he conveys that on the pitch and with Cout leaving and injuries to Lallana, Milner rises to the occasion and becomes incredibly important to our midfield, particularly in our run to the CL final.

So again me being a dumbass. I think well we have bought Fabinho and Keita. Milner wont play much this season. But he turns up to preseason, kills everybody in preseason, trains the house down so much he demands to be chosen on MD1 and duly puts in a MOTM performance.

He just seems to get better and better. He's like fine wine. I for one have stopped doubting him that's for sure. Will be incredibly important for us this season.

Also some thoughts on Keita.

I was watching youtube and some pundits were talking about him and I cant remember who it was but they said something that resonated with me. The pundit said he is a classic box-to-box midfielder who can do it all, which I agree with. But then he said what Keita has that sets him apart and what he hasnt seen in a midfielder in very, very long time is his ability to beat a man.

He makes a good point. You rarely see CM's with flair and trickery and pace where he can stand you up or coast past you or do a couple of flicks and tricks and be gone. Those types of abilities are often seen in 10's, wingers or centre forwards.

But Keita has that in his locker. So he can track back and tackle, he can control a game with his tempo and passing and positioning. Then he can also drive at you and beat a player with trickery and pace. He is a complete midfielder. He's gonna be really good. But what also stands out for me is his football intelligence.

Keita was hugely responsible for our first goal. When TAA played that ball into Naby and he turns into mounds of space. He drives forward and immediately has Robbo flying down the left out in space.

Both my mates who I was watching the game with immediately said play it wide. I could see Robbo in tons of space and thought, yeah get it out wide, it was the obvious play. But Keita doesnt play it immediately. He continues forward, running at pace but he waits to see what unfolds for him.

Another second or so goes by and now im screaming play it, play it! Yet Keita waits again, another second goes by.... then when the perfect time comes, he plays it. But he doesnt play it "to" Robertson, he doesnt play it to his feet. Ive seen so many players in the past make the easy pass directly to the player out wide.

And that pass is on, it's the easy pass most footballers make. But Keita instead makes Robertson go where Keita wants him to go. He doesnt play the ball to Robertson, he puts it in space to where he wants Robertson to be. He puts it in such a spot that it leaves Robertson with one option and one option only, and that's to first time it straight across the box.

It's the perfect play and Keita makes it happen.

I cant wait to watch him play more.

Also some thoughts on Keita.

I was watching youtube and some pundits were talking about him and I cant remember who it was but they said something that resonated with me. The pundit said he is a classic box-to-box midfielder who can do it all, which I agree with. But then he said what Keita has that sets him apart and what he hasnt seen in a midfielder in very, very long time is his ability to beat a man.

He makes a good point. You rarely see CM's with flair and trickery and pace where he can stand you up or coast past you or do a couple of flicks and tricks and be gone. Those types of abilities are often seen in 10's, wingers or centre forwards.

But Keita has that in his locker. So he can track back and tackle, he can control a game with his tempo and passing and positioning. Then he can also drive at you and beat a player with trickery and pace. He is a complete midfielder.

Don Hutchison was saying that on Premier League Today...not sure if that’s where you got it from...

Just on James Milner. When he was brought in on a free. I was ok with it. Decent squad player who is a winner and a consummate pro. Coming in as a 28-29 year old. I thought he would be a bit part player. He contributed pretty strongly in his first year but I thought we had better options in midfield and he would be phased out.

Then he ends up spending most of his second season at the club at LB. Something he obviously didnt want but did the job to the absolute best of his ability where he became a pretty key figure for us.

Once Robbo was signed and he duly impressed. Last season Milner was left to go back into midfield. But with Wijnaldum now in midfield with Henderson and Can and with Salah joining the front three allowing Coutinho to drop back into midfield. Ox coming in, Lallana too. I thought Milner would very much be on the outer.

I mean up until this point, his two year career at Liverpool, he'd spend more time at LB. Yet he puts his head down and goes about impressing Klopp in training with his work ethic. Then he conveys that on the pitch and with Cout leaving and injuries to Lallana, Milner rises to the occasion and becomes incredibly important to our midfield, particularly in our run to the CL final.

So again me being a dumbass. I think well we have bought Fabinho and Keita. Milner wont play much this season. But he turns up to preseason, kills everybody in preseason, trains the house down so much he demands to be chosen on MD1 and duly puts in a MOTM performance.

He just seems to get better and better. He's like fine wine. I for one have stopped doubting him that's for sure. Will be incredibly important for us this season.

Brilliantly summed up. I've come to really live Milner. Is the perfect Klopp player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L2ieGr0.jpg

Sounds like KDB has sustained a pretty serious injury, could be season ending.

Don't want to celebrate someone going down, but it's these moments that can provide a shot in the arm for us.
This would happen after I start playing fantasy prem for the first time in 5 years. Ffs

Sounds like KDB has sustained a pretty serious injury, could be season ending.

Don't want to celebrate someone going down, but it's these moments that can provide a shot in the arm for us.
The extent of the injury isnt yet known apparently but they swatted aside Arsenal without him on the weekend and City are so stacked I think they will be totally fine without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back