Unofficial Preview Rd 22 Geelong v Fremantle at KP.. does it even matter ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is blaming it SOLELY on the players. That is the problem.

He didn’t blame it solely on the Players. He said that skill errors were to blame not the system. He didn’t mention who was to blame.

Skill errors are not just a player issue. The coaches have a big part to play in teaching skills, ensuring that the training regime spends enough time practising all of the skills including simulation in pressure situations. Maybe they are not getting this part perfect, who knows?

I do not know why many supporters want to make everything a player vs coach comparison. Both the players & coaches are doing their best to achieve the goal of winning a flag. It is a highly competitive environment with so many variables that can go against the team throughout the season. The Cats have been a very successful club over the last 15 years and the majority of the players, coaches (including Scott) and administrators have done an exceptional job.

The Cats have been very competitive this year, they have not been far off a victory in any game (except the Essendon game). If some more of those variables had gone in our favour, they would probably be entrenched in the top 4. As it is they still may play a significant role in the finals. If not and they miss out, it is not a disaster, I think they will have built a reasonable base to launch into next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narkle seems a bit unlucky, but hard to argue against the other outs
I thought prior to him given the 1 week bereavement leave, I thought he was due for a rest. Was starting to taper off....He's had a good yr first up, considering where he's come from. More than likely still in the mix beit the seniors hopefully making the 8, but let him reset these last two weeks w the finals bound two's.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back