Preview Round 22 – GWS Giants vs Sydney Swans, Saturday 18th August 2018, Spotless Stadium, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expected.

No mention of cogs.
4553e163107e374547364f6123926c5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thing that surprised me is Zac named as an emergency and Isaac. Surely they have to be fit and under consideration to be named.

GIANTS v Swans
Saturday, August 18 at 4:35pm
Spotless Stadium
FB: Adam Kennedy, Phil Davis, Adam Tomlinson
HB: Lachlan Keeffe, Nick Haynes, Harry Perryman
C: Jeremy Finlayson, Tim Taranto, Aiden Bonar
HF: Lachie Whitfield, Harry Himmelberg, Jacob Hopper
FF: Brent Daniels, Jeremy Cameron, Ryan Griffen
RR: Rory Lobb, Stephen Coniglio, Callan Ward
Interchange: Daniel Lloyd, Dylan Shiel, Matt Buntine, Zac Langdon
In: Jeremy Finlayson, Harry Perryman, Daniel Lloyd
Out: Heath Shaw (knee), Sam Reid (hamstring), Josh Kelly (concussion)
Emergencies: Isaac Cumming, Zach Sproule, Zac Williams, Dylan Buckley

Zac emergency

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Really surprised Swans haven't named Heath Grundy. Thought they were talking him up as an inclusion earlier in the week. Leaves them with short sized defense.

Thing that surprised me is Zac named as an emergency and Isaac. Surely they have to be fit and under consideration to be named.
I think it’s out of necessity more than anything else. Looking at your NEAFL team last week I think the only other fit guy is Stein and he would need to be rookie elevated to be listed as an emergency.

TOJ makes us bloody tall with Keefe still in the side.

but, as I really like TOJ I'm pleased to see him back.

and come on the chippie from the central coast,:):thumbsu: proving again that we only have high draft picks handed to us on a platter.
Still a pretty good team but Kelly is so important. He was out during out run of losses.

But Nick Smith is juts as big a loss for them.

Our backline super important this week. They have some quality forwards.

And I hope they have a plan for Alir Alir. If we bomb it long he will have a field day. He is fast become like Jeremy McGovern. Quality player

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see TOJ back in and hopefully he can have a good game but with the Swans small forwards he will be in for a hard night if their mids get on top
Must be really down on numbers looking at the emergencies but glad to see Cumming is ok and I think it is the first time Sproule has been an emergency although I think it is more to do with who is available

If their board is any indication, they're worried about their lack of height in defence.

They do seem to have a point. They're missing most of their back line from Round 3 - Grundy (192cm), Smith (183cm), Melican (195cm), and Mills (188cm), replacing them with Newman (186cm), Jones (181cm), Allir (194cm) and Cunningham (182cm).

We're missing Patton, Corr, Shaw, Deledio, de Boer, Reid and Kelly, replacing them with Kennedy, Buntine, Bonar, Griffen, Daniels, Langdon, and Keeffe.

Our replacements are pretty good. The only two we're really missing are Kelly and Shaw.

If their board is any indication, they're worried about their lack of height in defence.

They do seem to have a point. They're missing most of their back line from Round 3 - Grundy (192cm), Smith (183cm), Melican (195cm), and Mills (188cm), replacing them with Newman (186cm), Jones (181cm), Allir (194cm) and Cunningham (182cm).

We're missing Patton, Corr, Shaw, Deledio, de Boer, Reid and Kelly, replacing them with Kennedy, Buntine, Bonar, Griffen, Daniels, Langdon, and Keeffe.

Our replacements are pretty good. The only two we're really missing are Kelly and Shaw.
I do see Lobb as our long term ruck. I wonder if our tacticians might decide to try and go for their throat and start Lobb forward early though. We did this against the Hawks successfully. I guess it's all about if Keefe can negate Sinclair. He doesn't really seem critical to our defence when you look at the matchups. If the ball goes the other way from the clearances it wont work if course.

So with Heater out, who’s going to kick it to themselves and then long out to the right?

Who’s going to shankingly kick it out on the full?

Who’s going to get pinged for deliberate for doing something someone else does every week?

There are big boots to fill when Heater goes out of the team.

So with Heater out, who’s going to kick it to themselves and then long out to the right?

Who’s going to shankingly kick it out on the full?

Who’s going to get pinged for deliberate for doing something someone else does every week?

There are big boots to fill when Heater goes out of the team.
Lachie seemed to do a lot of kickins last week, he is not awful at finding targets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno about the other things, but I have no doubt the umps will find someone on our team to ping for this!
tbh this could have the poor bastards not knowing which arm to use, there is no VFL team in Sydney :p

And I hope they have a plan for Alir Alir. If we bomb it long he will have a field day. He is fast become like Jeremy McGovern. Quality player
Aliir will be playing as the #1 defender this week and the only guy over 190cm in the Swans back half. Bombing it long might actually be a rewarding tactic.

If you lose to the Swans, you definitely won't finish top 4 and will miss out on a double chance. Considering that league is practically even in talent between 2-10th - a double chance in the finals will be imperative. I don't think anyone can win it from outside of top 4 this year.

If Kelly passes his concussion test, you play him. If he doesn't, you have no choice

The idea of resting players in a home town derby where both teams are fighting for important finals spots is crazy & disrespectful to the competition. The reason the WA, ADL and inner city Victorian teams have these big, important marquee games is because they believe in the importance of them.

You play your best player if he is fit to go, unquestionable
So how is Richmond treating it's big marquee game against Essendon resting Cotchin, Lambert, Prestia and Astbury tonight? Respecting the competition are they?

Aliir will be playing as the #1 defender this week and the only guy over 190cm in the Swans back half. Bombing it long might actually be a rewarding tactic.

Yup, a big game for Himmelberg, he will have to keep Allir honest. Cameron/ Rampe and HH/AA seems the likely match-ups.

Agreed but I think we might throw Keefe in for big stints in the middle and push Lobb forward more to stretch them

They literally have nobody close to his height to cover him
Agreed, their primary focus has to be on winning the contest, if we are able to win and spread it could turn into a hiding, though it feels unlikely that happens..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back