The Swansong - Departed Musicians

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
What a guy...hands down the driving force, the most important component of AC/DC, yet he was happy toiling away in the background.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
What a guy...hands down the driving force, the most important component of AC/DC, yet he was happy toiling away in the background. Too young.

Keep it simple and keep em happy was the Young motto.

How right they were. Their audience kept growing but always stayed loyal.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Probably not too many metal heads around here......

This is a way, way late tribute, but a shout out has to go to Jeff Hanneman, guitarist for Slayer - passed away from Cirrhosis related issues a couple of years ago, Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Pantera - murdered on stage( that happened quite a few years ago), and Mike Scaccia - guitarist for Ministry - collapsed on stage at the age of 47 and passed away that night in 2012.

Slayer arguably invented thrash metal. This is still their best song in my opinion. Slayer never compromised like some of their peers(looking at you Metallica - though if Cliff Burton had survived, you never know)

Dimebag was an unbelievable guitarist. Again, this is my fave.

Ministry brought machine gun rhythms to metal. At the time, me and my mates thought they had to be using machines( synths) for the riffing, it was that metronomic. Nup, it was all them( though the singer did use a famous Roland synth for some of the FX sounds).

Probably not too many metal heads around here......

This is a way, way late tribute, but a shout out has to go to Jeff Hanneman, guitarist for Slayer - passed away from Cirrhosis related issues a couple of years ago, Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Pantera - murdered on stage( that happened quite a few years ago), and Mike Scaccia - guitarist for Ministry - collapsed on stage at the age of 47 and passed away that night in 2012.

Slayer arguably invented thrash metal. This is still their best song in my opinion. Slayer never compromised like some of their peers(looking at you Metallica - though if Cliff Burton had survived, you never know)

Dimebag was an unbelievable guitarist. Again, this is my fave.

Ministry brought machine gun rhythms to metal. At the time, me and my mates thought they had to be using machines( synths) for the riffing, it was that metronomic. Nup, it was all them( though the singer did use a famous Roland synth for some of the FX sounds).

spinal tap invented thrash didn't they

Back