List Mgmt. 2018 Trade/Draft/FA SuperMegaUltra Thread - The Early Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhh i assumed the wrong kelly.

old-el-paso-taco-girl.jpg

Josh Kelly at West Coast would be incredible. Bloke has a tank like Gaff but is a much more well rounded.

Honestly wouldn't mind targeting Scully if Gaff left.

Our dream scenario if Gaff and Lycett leave.
Gaff chooses North we match and North trade pick 10 and Preuss for him.
Lycett chooses Saints but Eagles choose not to match and gain pick 20 compo pick. The Eagles then trade pick 10 and pick 38 for Saints pick 4. (Saints give us a leg up because of not bidding on Lycett)
Eagles trade pick 4 for Coniglio.
Eagles trade pick 20 for Kelly.
Eagles lose Gaff Lycett and pick 38.
Eagles gain Coniglio Kelly and Preuss.
We can only dream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lycett chooses Saints but Eagles choose not to match and gain pick 20 compo pick. The Eagles then trade pick 10 and pick 38 for Saints pick 4. (Saints give us a leg up because of not bidding on Lycett)
We can only dream

And I’m getting blown by Russian twins

nor should we. That's overpaying for Gaff
If he leaves for a ridiculous payday, I can wear it. You probably can't ask a guy to leave $2 million on the table between now and the end of his career. What would annoy me is if he left for similar money to our offer just because he's "homesick" or something wet like that. He can be a mercenary for that kind of big money. I can accept that. But don't be a pussy and go to a s**t club just because you want to go "home". I can handle it if the money talks.

We can only dream

Which Kelly? Tim, Josh or Ned?

Let's just say Gaff wants to stay at West Coast for 4.5 million over five years. The Eagles politely decline, and tell him they can't afford it. Their best offer to him is 4 mil over five years, like it or lump it they tell him...

Now, let's just say North come in and offer the 4.5 million over five Gaffy wants.

Do the Eags decide that a compo pick in the teens is just not up to scratch for Gaff, and match his deal to force a trade? If that's the case, could Gaff just not turn around and say cool Eags, you're paying me what I want, I'm staying because this is the best f'n club in the world with the best supporters in the land and I don't want to play anywhere else...

But in reality, West Coast can't afford Gaff, they don't have enough money to sign a new player and are now royally f'd? Or if say we do match an offer from another club, would there be an agreement in place that he wouldn't re-sign on that, just help the club get a decent trade deal from North?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back