Warne calls S.Waugh "Most selfish" cricketer he's played with

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably has.

Women gives fake number and Warne sends it to some random dude.

This thread reminded us how Warne holds a grudge, his commentating while Samuels was batting reminds us that he allows his grudges to override professionalism. Seriously needs to grow up, can't seem to let anything go.
Maybe Warne was holding a grudge because Marlon Samuels' face is real, and his is not.

They could say he likes to slice and dice puppies in his spare time for all I care. Nothing will diminish my love for S Waugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now as many would have expected, Ian Chappell has stuck his nose in

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...m/news-story/7e6b1567ccd3f3127148fc1adc1c8b4b

As I said before, it's a bit of a chicken and egg argument, but it's interesting how Chappelli and Warne seem to always sing off exactly the same page....

Chappell has always had his head firmly up Warne's arse and Chappell never forgave Steve Waugh for getting the captaincy in 1999 over Shane Warne even though Warne has proven over and over again he was not fit to be the Australian captain.

getting in before tomorrow's inevitable 'yeah Nic was obviously a bit disappointing with the bat in Adelaide but we feel like with 4 quicks in the side his robust left arm spin was really needed'.

Just said this about S.Waugh again plugging his book on AFL360.

Are you going to be a sucker and buy this thing then actually read it Gough? :p:D

Did he do a half decent job in general or was he as ordinary as he is on commentary?

Holy f*** he needs to let it go hey. Can't wait for the first 20 minute stint he does this summer where he makes a point of mentioning that Taylor was 'the best captain I ever played under.'

It really is time for someone to come out and just tell everyone that the bloke is a dickhead. He's vain enough that it would actually hurt him quite a bit. Hayden/Gilchrist, someone like that.

Imagine a prime Steve Waugh and Allan Border coming in at 5 and 6 respectively. Getting through those two would have been like trying to break down an iron gate with a water pistol.

Waugh's record speaks for itself. Yes, he had the cattle but ******* hell, did he make full use of them. It's hardly like he was just a bystander either. Think of the milestones of Australian cricket in the last 40 years- the '87 and '99 World Cups, the '89 Ashes tour, the '95 Frank Worrell Trophy. He was a massive player in all of them against a range of opposition in varying conditions.

He was the ******* man, regardless of what Warne and Chappelli think (and I rate them highly on a lot of things cricket)

It is good to see that Warne has shown his true colours. If he was playing cricket I would have watched every second of the game but I wouldnt listen or talk to Warne about anything. Total 'narcissistic syndrome', loves Victoria and SwampCreature is Warne's love child. Reality check time.

Think I missed this first time around but I *in wish Warnie was my dad

I know reading the bigfooty cricket board and being dissapointed in the consensus is like spending a night drinking metho and wondering why you have a headache the next morning but yeah the rewriting of history here is kinda depressing.

TL;DR our heroes are flawed and debating who has the very WORST ones is silly

Imagine a prime Steve Waugh and Allan Border coming in at 5 and 6 respectively. Getting through those two would have been like trying to break down an iron gate with a water pistol.

Waugh's record speaks for itself. Yes, he had the cattle but ******* hell, did he make full use of them. It's hardly like he was just a bystander either. Think of the milestones of Australian cricket in the last 40 years- the '87 and '99 World Cups, the '89 Ashes tour, the '95 Frank Worrell Trophy. He was a massive player in all of them against a range of opposition in varying conditions.

He was the ******* man, regardless of what Warne and Chappelli think (and I rate them highly on a lot of things cricket)

It did happen on a couple of ashes tours - not sure their exact positions but border hit 442 and 433 in the 89 and 93 series, averaging 70 and 53 respectively. Waugh averaged 126 and 83 in the same tours.

Just for good measure Taylor in 89, and Boon and Slater in 1993 made s**t tonnes of runs as well.

The 1989 Ashes is flat out my favourite series of all time, 95 in the West Indies was good and 2005 was an amazing Ashes but the 89 series was the light at the end of a long dark tunnel.

I missed it by a year or two unfortunately. The return series in 90-91 was my first memory of watching cricket.

99 in the Caribbean was probably my favourite, loved the Soith African series out here in 2008 as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back