Analysis Why isn’t McClarty getting a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to tell in the wet but my only reservation is still his tank.

BOG for me.....has been solid for four weeks now.

We need him in defense......the sooner the better.

Agree he was terrific yesterday.

I reckon Langdon would be a chance to miss this week. He looked pretty sore.

Finished the game ok after a couple big hits.

I hope he gets up......rest him against Freo if possible.

BOG for me.....has been solid for four weeks now.

We need him in defense......the sooner the better.

McLarty could easily come in for Oxley if we play him back. It would give us a better height balance back there. Howe in for Murray.

Hard to tell in the wet but my only reservation is still his tank.

It's a fair reservation to have, in my view.

He won't debut this year, barring Cox falling over, that's my read. And I suggest we get used to it...

EDIT: I should say, while I do have reservations such as these about him, I do on the whole like what Mac brings and would love to be proven wrong with a 2018 debut! I just don't see it happening the way the current deck is shuffled, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I bet he communicates just fine, I haven't to date seen any sign language on field in the VFL. Anyway the most important part for any player is play football.
Players have these in their socks *

IMG_0018.PNG

* not necessarily true

Hate to be picky SV but McLarty wouldn’t understand. That’s not Australian sign language :D
And that blows my theory apart.

Extra likes to you for that kind of pick up; love it. Well done. My bad.

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, our forward line only had Craig Starcevich as KPF, flanked by Daics, Rowdy, Banks, Barwick.
Our defence was lead Michael Christian, Micky Gafer, Shane Morwood etc
But I don’t recall having injuries like today.
Alan Richardson missed the Gf through injury too IIRC?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alan Richardson missed the Gf through injury too IIRC?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Leigh gave Richardson's the old fitness test.

A couple of runs then Leigh stuck out his big broad shoulder whack into Richardson's area of concern the collar area. Alan winced and that was that. Shane Kerrison played.

Cox and Mihocek have his spot. Young and raw, kid needs time. IIRC people were freaking out about Sier not playing this time last year and now we all love him. In my book the big fella gets another full year to prove himself even

Prob should have had a game by now - if only 50% game time

We havent had the luxury all year due to compulsory injury changes and a W/L position that has always had the club on the defensive, trying to hold territory.. Perhaps in the two games when Cox was out he could have got a trial but one of those was round two and he probably wasnt ready. Alternatively he could have been selected ahead of Mihocek but history shows that would have been a terrible mistake.

We havent had the luxury all year due to compulsory injury changes and a W/L position that has always had the club on the defensive, trying to hold territory.. Perhaps in the two games when Cox was out he could have got a trial but one of those was round two and he probably wasnt ready. Alternatively he could have been selected ahead of Mihocek but history shows that would have been a terrible mistake.

No he couldn't, he was out injured.

Yes, our forward line only had Craig Starcevich as KPF, flanked by Daics, Rowdy, Banks, Barwick.
Our defence was lead Michael Christian, Micky Gafer, Shane Morwood etc
But I don’t recall having injuries like today.

Actually Starcevich started 1990 GF on the bench and only came on after Gavin Brown was knocked out by Terry Daniher at quarter time. Was just about BOG until he himself was knocked out by Terry Daniher in the third quarter. It was the best GF quarter and a half I have ever seen!

Gavin Crosisca was our starting CHF that game. Possibly the first and only time he played there....and he kicked two goals so did his bit.

Defence had Craig Kelly too so didnt lack in size or aggression but the forward line was small.

Small by choice not injury though.........Brian Taylor and Ron McKeown were unlucky to miss out and Terry Keays was in hot form in the seconds. BT kicked two goals in the last quarter of the drawn West Coast QF to save our season. .It turned out to be his last career game. Ronnie of course was a last minute omission on the day to let Kerrison back in. Keays kicked something like ten goals in the last reserves game of the season (Pies missed the finals).

Matthews made some really tough decisions in September/October 1990.

Last edited:
Mihocek's been good but because we haven't played McLarty in the ones we don't know whether or not it would have been a mistake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back