Press F to pay respects - your saddest moments in gaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
When has a game hit you right in the feels? I'll kick off with a few to get it started.

Posting guidelines to this thread: Game, followed by section. Any description or video must be inside a spoiler tag and avoid any character names.

Witcher 3 - funeral following the battle at Kaer Morhen.

Ori and the Blind Forest - intro.
I had to stop and walk away after this one. It's still struggle to watch it now.

Neverwinter Nights - Charwood Village
Literally a ghost town trapped hundreds of years in the past due to a couple of brothers getting into necromancy and believed that by sacrificing the children of the town would empower them (the brothers) to protect their family. Instead they cursed the town.

pressf.jpg

In Runescape way back when there was only 3 or 4 pieces of dragon gear. I worked hard to get it, got cocky and went PKing and lost it all to some bullshit lag that didn't turn my prayer on. That was the day I quit runescape.

I know thats not exactly what the thread is for, but it is one of my saddest moments in gaming. :(

Red Dead Redemption - You all know.

This - end thread

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. The Walking Dead - Season 1 ending

2. Life is Strange - ending (the one that they actually put some effort into)

3. Heavy Rain - particular ending

4. The Last of Us - Sam and Henry

5. Life is Strange - episode 3 final reveal

Ori and the Blind Forest

The beginning is so brutal that I put the game done and didn't play it against for 12-months.

Life is Strange

Too many individual moments to really specify. The game does an excellent job of putting you in tough emotional situations and then selling it with an excellent score.

Assassin's Creed: Origins

There is a mission where a child was tied to a rock and drowned. As you swim underwater you can see the child hanging there dead. It certainly left an impression.

What Remains of Edith Finch

What parts weren't sad? Perhaps peak sadness was the baby in the bathtub.

In Runescape way back when there was only 3 or 4 pieces of dragon gear. I worked hard to get it, got cocky and went PKing and lost it all to some bullshit lag that didn't turn my prayer on. That was the day I quit runescape.

I know thats not exactly what the thread is for, but it is one of my saddest moments in gaming. :(
Someone offered to trim my full rune once.

For some reason I never saw it again after I traded him.:'(

Life is Strange

Too many individual moments to really specify. The game does an excellent job of putting you in tough emotional situations and then selling it with an excellent score.

Assassin's Creed: Origins

There is a mission where a child was tied to a rock and drowned. As you swim underwater you can see the child hanging there dead. It certainly left an impression.
These two for me. LiS has moments all throughout but the last scene in the Farewell episode really gets you deep.

Also, that little girl in AC origins made you want to reload and try and get there faster even though you know it wouldn't make a difference. Just brutal. Way more so than Bayek's son.

Final Episode of Walking Dead Season 1. To this day, the only video game that has managed to make me shed a tear.

Life is Strange gave it a fair go but hard to beat TWD.
Sort of

First episode of Walking dead 2

Finding a dog friend, playing with him and then having him turn on you then having to kill him just...well it just crushed me

*. I almost cried

Xenoblade Chronicles, weeb magic. Persona 5, weeb magic. actually that New Donk City party celebration extravaganza in Mario Odyssey made me feel all kinds of things, that was a wonderful level, the music, colors, throwbacks were special

Definately TWD season 1 finale is number one, phwoa, feels.
Life is strange chaos theory reveal a close second.
And god help me if i didn't talk Kate of the ledge, that scene and talking her out of jumping off the roof was one of the most intense 5 mins i've had in gaming.

The two games which stand out in my mind:

The Walking Dead Season 1
There are two instances which really affected me. The ending where to have Clementine either shoot Lee or have him turn. The other one which probably affected me more was when it is revealed Duck was bitten and Kenny understandably having trouble accepting the situation. To top it all off when Duck passes and his wife shots him to prevent him turning she also kills herself. The other seasons of the Walling dead is good at creating moral dilemmas, they don't come close to making an emotional impact as Season 1.

Red Dead Redemption
After playing the whole game working and earning your freedom by catching/killing criminals (including one which is pretty much seen as your father figure), you are living a good happy life with your wife and son, until the Feds decide to stab you in the back and raid your farm. Mason effectively sacrifices himself in a hail of bullets so his wife and son can get away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back