Autopsy Round 23, 2018: Hawks defeat swans! Top 4 ******s!

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire was pretty circumspect in his post match press conference. I respect his analysis of the game, and that he doesn’t seek to lay blame.

But yeah - Clarko OWNED him in the second half.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Never beaten Clarko at the scg.

Seeks to strangle hawthorn so when we do win it’s close wins, tries to make it a slog. I have nothing against horse as a footy person but he’s been at the club since 2002, everyone has a used by date. He is fine as a representative of the club, speaks well, acknowledges opposition etc but still.

I know you all generally don’t rate our talent like I would, but I think he wastes what he has. Ronkes pace for instance with Clarko as his coach , he would be way better utilised. Heeney in the ruck...wtf.

His style is past it imo and has been for a while truthfully . We make finals because the skill is there, not saying we are awesome but there’s a reasonable list.

giphy.gif

Never beaten Clarko at the scg.

Seeks to strangle hawthorn so when we do win it’s close wins, tries to make it a slog. I have nothing against horse as a footy person but he’s been at the club since 2002, everyone has a used by date. He is fine as a representative of the club, speaks well, acknowledges opposition etc but still.

I know you all generally don’t rate our talent like I would, but I think he wastes what he has. Ronkes pace for instance with Clarko as his coach , he would be way better utilised. Heeney in the ruck...wtf.

His style is past it imo and has been for a while truthfully . We make finals because the skill is there, not saying we are awesome but there’s a reasonable list.

Sydney have some great talent coming through and are clearly one of the best clubs at developing and nurturing their talent, be it a rookie or a top pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a crunching tackle by Nash to seal the game.

Didnt check match thread to see if it was just me that thought we were getting screwed at the time. Glad to see neutral supporters actually post that we were.

Clarko needs to issue a please explain to three crooks at HQ.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not saying the umpiring was bad but it’s amazing to win after being on the wrong end of a 30-17 free kick count.
You can say it, and you wouldn't be wrong.

Clarko has to be the luckiest mofo in the world. He gets paid close to seven figures a year and all he has to do is stick Burgoyne in the middle sometimes.
That's been our game plan for the years he's been with us.

We just keep him warm in the backine, then throw him wherever we need him.

He's our Batman. Watches from the back and goes to save the day where it's required.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hopefully if results go our way tomorrow the Cats end up on the opposite side of the draw to us.

Don't want to have to play them if we lose our first final.
Who do we want to win? Melbourne or GWS?

Well done

We got the rub of the green and still lost

I’m disappointed in how easily we folded but your team outclassed us and it was as frustrating as it was predictable

You deserved the win now I’m off to melt

Thanks for the banter during the week

You're the best Sydney poster on bigfooty mate. Swans are still capable of going far in the finals with a few key players coming back. Good luck in September.

One of the most understated parts of tonight was the character of the guys to reset at half time, after a very poor 2nd quarter, and get themselves back into the contest. From that point on, we were probably the better side
Really encouraging, and hopefully we can keep that little mental confidence boost into the finals

Belief is so important. We're not the most talented team in the 8 but we are starting to show real resilience. Coming from behind like that, on the road, is very impressive. Our back line is really our strong point. We still need to kick 2-3 more goals per game but that problem may be addressed with the return of Sicily.

We have put ourselves in a position to go all the way. Congrats to Clarkson, the players and the entire club.

Couldn't watch the game...couldn't not check scores during the night, 3Qtr time:1 goal down...felt like 'we're in this'. Stoked the boys came through. Lot's of hard work ahead now, the lads can really give the tree a shake! All I want from here on is full effort, full commitment. C'mon Hawks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back