2018 LFFL Grand Final: City Oval Plovers vs. The Ladyboys

Remove this Banner Ad

THE big day is here and wait... what's that?

*whispers off screen* The Ladyboys are in? Oh s**t we don't have anything prepared for them post-prelim *clears throat*

So we have The City Oval Plovers taking on The Ladyboys in what should be a fascinating clash to decide the 2018 LFFL Premier. The Plovers have been here before, winning a flag and losing another Grand Final, and now they are back at the big dance again. For The Ladyboys, it is their first LFFL Grand Final, making WAG the last of the inaugural coaches to make a Grand Final that are still around today. If he wins, it means there is only one inaugural coach still around yet to win a flag, but let's not talk about that, let's talk about the Grand Final!

The Plovers have had injury concerns this year, and have done enough to limp through to the Grand Final. They have shown they can score big with the likes of Max Gawn and Nat Fyfe leading the way, while Bryce Gibbs and Bachar Houli are really solid options. Their bottom four players are a bit shaky, which is why they have not looked like the Plovers of old. They have the two best players in the Grand Final, but The Ladyboys have plenty of depth that seem to outperform their reputation. Brayden Sier, Jed Anderson and Dane Rampe can all pull up good scores, and Mitch Wallis has found life again in the Bulldogs team. Those bottom four players have really lifted in the second half of the season for The Ladyboys and are a key reason why they have made the decider.

The big question marks - will Levi Greenwood go to Nat Fyfe and limit his influence in the west? Will Carlton put up any sort of a showing against Adelaide to restrict their big ball winners? Even if both are no, you would lean towards The Ladyboys in this one.

I mean, with Jacobs, Crouch and Greenwood in three crucial positions, WAG would be licking his lips knowing they face Carlton this weekend. If there was a time to snatch a flag, it's this weekend. But anything can happen and the Plovers just seem to get the job done when they need to. I'll tip The Ladyboys, but it should be a very close contest.

Last edited:
B: Brendan Goddard 49
B: Bachar Houli 36
CC: Callum Sinclair (R) 46
F: Mitch Brown 58.5
F: Jarrod Waite
BM: Jack Steven
IM: Nat Fyfe (VC) 29
OM: Sam Menegola 25.5
R: Max Gawn (C)
T: Mitch Robinson
U: Bryce Gibbs 88

Emergencies:
B: Tom Doedee
CC: Riley Bonner (B)
F: Josh Battle
BM: Jared Polec
IM:
OM: Tom Rockliff
R:
T: Brandon Matera
U: Isaac Smith

Last edited:
Ladyboys:
B: Michael Hurley - 29
B: Dane Rampe
CC: Brayden Sier (IM)
F: Mitch Wallis - 23.5
F: Charlie Curnow
BM: Luke Shuey
IM: Jed Anderson
OM: Seb Ross (c)
R: Sam Jacobs (vc)
T: Hugh Greenwood
U: Matt Crouch

Emergencies:
B: Lachie Weller
CC: Logan Austin (B)
F: Tom Jonas
BM:
IM:
OM: Dom Sheed
R: Luke Davies-Uniacke
T: Luke McDonald

Injured/Omitted
Alex Witherden
Orazio Fantasia
Will Brodie
Ben Jacobs
Rhys Stanley

Last edited:

I think it is a testament to the league and drafting by all coaches this year that the two teams in the grand final are blatantly below average compared to all other premiership sides in my memory!

B: Brendan Goddard 49
B: Bachar Houli 36
CC: Callum Sinclair (R)
F: Mitch Brown 58.5
F: Jarrod Waite
BM: Jack Steven
IM: Nat Fyfe (VC) 29
OM: Sam Menegola 25.5
R: Max Gawn (C)
T: Mitch Robinson
U: Bryce Gibbs 85

Emergencies:
B: Tom Doedee
CC: Riley Bonner (B)
F: Josh Battle
BM: Jared Polec
IM:
OM: Tom Rockliff
R:
T: Brandon Matera
U: Isaac Smith

332/7*

Last edited:
Are some of them those VFL flags that’s don’t count......?
They, the red things, were approved at the time by the CEO, Pie, so they do count, and the competition in those years had active coaches from 1 right down to the wooden spoon, so they're probably worth 1.5 flags each. This competition is steeped in tradition, let's keep it that way. Hmmmmph. Sorry to derail the thread. Good luck over the last day, guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They, the red things, were approved at the time by the CEO, Pie, so they do count, and the competition in those years had active coaches from 1 right down to the wooden spoon, so they're probably worth 1.5 flags each. This competition is steeped in tradition, let's keep it that way. Hmmmmph. Sorry to derail the thread. Good luck over the last day, guys.
Didn’t mean to disrespect your flags Amos! And also any activity here is good has been a quite thread so far!

City Oval Plovers: aka. Jordie_tackles monkeys are broken

Brendon Goddard 51
Bachar Houli 37
Jack Steven 52.5
Callum Sinclair 46
Mitch Brown 58.5
Jarrad Waite 53
Nat Fyfe 29
Sam Menegola 28.5
Max Gawn* 55x2=110
Mitch Robinson 50
Bryce Gibbs 100
= 615.5

The Ladyboys:

Dane Rampe 38
Michael Hurley 29
Luke Shuey 51.75
Brayden Sier 27
Charlie Curnow 6.5
Mitch Wallis 23.5
Jed Anderson ??
Seb Ross* 49.5*2=98
Sam Jacobs 37
Hugh Greenwood 50
Matthew Crouch 72
= 450.75

Last edited:
Kinda hoping Max Gawn or Seb Ross turn it on, because the fact Mitch Brown is going to get BOG in an LFFL Grand Final gives an indication of the season it's been...

Also barring multiple injuries, well done Jordie_tackles

City Oval Plovers: aka. Jordie_tackles monkeys are broken

Brendon Goddard 51
Bachar Houli 37
Jack Steven ??
Callum Sinclair 46
Mitch Brown 58.5
Jarrad Waite ??
Nat Fyfe 29
Sam Menegola 28.5
Max Gawn 55/110
Mitch Robinson 50
Bryce Gibbs 100
= 510 (2 Left)

The Ladyboys:

Dane Rampe 38
Michael Hurley 29
Luke Shuey ??
Brayden Sier 27
Charlie Curnow 6.5
Mitch Wallis 23.5
Jed Anderson ??
Seb Ross* ??
Sam Jacobs 37
Hugh Greenwood 50
Matthew Crouch 72
= 283 (3 including captain to come)

Ok I think I can relax now? Score will be pushing 600 now.

Commiserations WAG was a well played season and as always is just about playing a few good games at the right time.

Pie 4 Life i think Gawn was rested forward late so at this stage it is Browns to lose haha

It's a shellacking in the end. Far too good, well done Jordie_tackles and bloody Mitch Brown wins BOG. What on earth? Oh well, 2018 is in the books. I'll organise a night for the awards night for the season soon :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back