Song Contest Part XII, Host: roo2macca, Theme: Precious Gems/Metals Noms Due: Monday 8:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#songcontestresults

In Equal 29th place and with no love or hate whatsoever:

Mandolin Wind by Rod Steward & Ron Wood with 0 votes and 0 Billies. () Nommed by comewhatmay

and Matthew & Son by Cat Stevens with 0 votes and 0 Billies. () Nommed by roo2macca

my first donut

Stoked with that podium
I got 26 votes on a day we beat Brisbne by 26points and found out that we’re playing my song’s namesake , the MAGPIE(s) in week 1 of the finals :)

It's also the 26th of August, and a Magpies fan pointed this out :)

Can it be a comedy skit, or only a song?

Only a song. I will allow a skit-song as long as most of it is song and only small interludes of acting.

Whether or not I enter a song is up to me right? Noticed some hosts do and some don't.

Whether or not I enter a song is up to me right? Noticed some hosts do and some don't.

All hosts enter songs I would think? Can't think of a contest where that hasn't been the case.

All hosts enter songs I would think? Can't think of a contest where that hasn't been the case.

Just thought I'd noticed some hosts not nominate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bravo to brother manangatang for hosting, and to kdavva74.

Notes (and by notes my autocorrect means votes).

5 - The Kinks (what else)
4 - The Hives (loved this)
3 - The Raconteurs (what a great name)
2 - CCR (one of my all time favourite covers)
1 - The Strokes (very cool)

Billy - Vera Blue (unbrunchy)

Huzzah!

Just thought I'd noticed some hosts not nominate.
The only thing that seems to be a requirement is you nom last ie if someone takes a song you are thinking of then you give it up to them

Others may disagree but I have always nommed my song last

It's also the 26th of August, and a Magpies fan pointed this out :)
Mind blown :D
Are you making the trip over?
I was so sure that we'd get the Thursday night match.
Saturday Night is so much better from a fan point of view

The only thing that seems to be a requirement is you nom last ie if someone takes a song you are thinking of then you give it up to them

I was planning on doing that anyway. #integrity

Traditionally it was a requirement that the host voted first too
I still do this, but I've noticed some recent hosts haven't been doing this, so perhaps it's no longer a requirement ?

I still do this, but I've noticed some recent hosts haven't been doing this, so perhaps it's no longer a requirement ?

How can you tell who voted first? As in putting in the thread that you voted?

Yeah I vote first as a host, or else don't look at other sets of votes until I've had time to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back