Mitch McGovern (please read OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little reality for the Blue boys coming here to talk him down.

This whole issue only exists because Carlton have offered him massive overs to get onboard, just like Melbourne for Lever. Your club rates him big time. Only this guys is on a 2 year contract, so paying overs is also a lock. Don’t pretend you’ll just walk away if the price is too high. Your mob have initiated the whole thing and will know it’s going to mean parting with more than the average Joe thinks he’s worth.

Adelaide paid massive overs for Gibbs, he was worth 1 1st rounder. He doesn't defend and although I do understand the extent of injuries Adelaide had a better team in 2017. Losing Lever and Cameron hurt but from 2nd to 12th?

Gibbs was the most over-rated player at Carlton, and Sos got us some revenge for Betts and Jacobs.

What do you think SOS will give up? unless there is something else big involved it won't be pick 1.

Carlton Kept Gibbs for an extra year, yes he wanted to go home but the situation was a lot different. The reports I have heard was that during the camp that players were told to discuss things that had happened to them in the past, traumatic experiences, now I was not there but can you imagine what some may have been forced to talk about?

Anyway forget Gibbs, it don't matter now, it is a new day and a new deal.
Fairly convenient wouldn't you say...I think there's a high chance no deal is done between Carlton and Adelaide but *if* one were to be done then I don't see how the benchmarks from the Gibbs deal can be avoided both from a logical and emotional POV.

Just a little reality for the Blue boys coming here to talk him down.

This whole issue only exists because Carlton have offered him massive overs to get onboard, just like Melbourne for Lever. Your club rates him big time. Only this guys is on a 2 year contract, so paying overs is also a lock. Don’t pretend you’ll just walk away if the price is too high. Your mob have initiated the whole thing and will know it’s going to mean parting with more than the average Joe thinks he’s worth.

Sorry for the intrusion, am not trying to be a smart ass but where has it been reported the McGovern wants out because Carlton have offered him huge dollars ?

Adelaide paid massive overs for Gibbs, he was worth 1 1st rounder. He doesn't defend and although I do understand the extent of injuries Adelaide had a better team in 2017. Losing Lever and Cameron hurt but from 2nd to 12th?

Gibbs was the most over-rated player at Carlton, and Sos got us some revenge for Betts and Jacobs.

What do you think SOS will give up? unless there is something else big involved it won't be pick 1.
I award you no points.

At no point during your ridiculous ramble did you offer anything remotely resembling a logical argument and we are all dumber for having to listen to you.

Agreed. We'll find out how well your comment ages over the next few years :)

Thats what Carlton posters said about 5 years ago. Yet you guys cant even make the 8 still let alone compete for a flag.

Every Victorian Club has achieved more than Carlton has over the last 5-10 years. Thats a sobering thought to be rock bottom in Victoria.

I award you no points.

At no point during your ridiculous ramble did you offer anything remotely resembling a logical argument and we are all dumber for having to listen to you.
I'll come back at the end of trade period, and if I'm wrong I will Apologize, but if I'm right I will tell you, I told you so, like I did to a couple of crows this week when I predicted at the start of the year, that GIBBS will get you no closer to a premiership because of his defensive issues.

deaneus Drugs Are Bad Mackay? relapse any chance we can make this a Carlton poster free zone? 3 ******* years in a row and it’s the same bullshit. They add absolutely nothing. You can issue days off and warnings but that achieves **** all, it’s just next batter up. Then they go laugh about it on their board.

+1

Even the ones that are pretending to be decent go back to their own board as they use this thead as an opportunity to troll on here.

Shoe on the other foot? We're not happy?

Your board is melting not ours.

You will not get close to what we did for trading Gibbs, your club pursued him, stuffed it up, then paid overs the next year.

Do you really think SOS will bend over to your clubs demands????

Firstly you nor I have any idea what our wants are. We are guessing. However if we ask for something that SOS doesnt want to pay then thats fine. SOS simply wont get the Gov. It really comes down to how much SOS wants the Gov. We wanted Gibbs so we couched up. So SOS will only get bent over if he really wants the Gov. Simple really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll come back at the end of trade period, and if I'm wrong I will Apologize, but if I'm right I will tell you, I told you so, like I did to a couple of crows this week when I predicted at the start of the year, that GIBBS will get you no closer to a premiership because of his defensive issues.

How do you measure the impact of Gibbs considering all the injuries we’ve had?

Gibbs is a nice get but putting an extra 5% or more improvement in a team game on the shoulders of one midfielder is asinine.

Our premiership hangover and the mental damage from losing the GF and the other crap that’s happened has had more impact on our year than anything to do with Gibbs.

I just dont get the logic of Carlton supporters:

1) A 28 year old Gibbs is worth 2 firsts as hes contracted
2) A 24 year old McGovern is worth 15-25 even though hes contracted
3) McGovern holds all the cards

McGovern holds jack s**t. Sitting out of football for 2 years and foregoing $1M is not something he would do. Clubs play seasons with a player down with knees all the time, we arent going to lose a lot by holding him to his contract.
Point 3 makes even less sense when McGovern wants out of his contract because he wants more money. Sitting out a year would see him miss out on $500k (and money today is worth more than money tomorrow) and also potentially decrease any potential offers he received.

Thats what Carlton posters said about 5 years ago. Yet you guys cant even make the 8 still let alone compete for a flag.

Every Victorian Club has achieved more than Carlton has over the last 5-10 years. Thats a sobering thought to be rock bottom in Victoria.
I've discussed the McGovern trade in good faith. If you want to have a crack to make yourself feel better then carry on - it doesn't bother me at all.

T
Interesting...none of the articles I have read on AFL website, HUN or Fox have mentioned it's about money.
the current articles haven’t stated it

It was the basis of Early season talk by McClure who lacks respect here but did report this 1st so you’d think his initial reasons must also be somewhat accurate.

He had the reason as being gov was unhappy he took less money than he wanted with us saying we couldn’t go higher. Then we got Gibbs and he took that as the club lying to him about not having extra $$ available.

You don’t get unhappy with a “low” offer then leave because of it if the other offers aren’t higher

Shoe on the other foot? We're not happy?

Your board is melting not ours.

You will not get close to what we did for trading Gibbs, your club pursued him, stuffed it up, then paid overs the next year.

Do you really think SOS will bend over to your clubs demands????

I remember carlton fans having hissy fits left right and centre in 2016.

T

the current articles haven’t stated it

It was the basis of Early season talk by McClure who lacks respect here but did report this 1st so you’d think his initial reasons must also be somewhat accurate.

He had the reason as being gov was unhappy he took less money than he wanted with us saying we couldn’t go higher. Then we got Gibbs and he took that as the club lying to him about not having extra $$ available.

You don’t get unhappy with a “low” offer then leave because of it if the other offers aren’t higher

Thanks for the reply....an interesting trade period coming up.

To be honest I am not bothered either way if we get McGovern, seems like a quality young player but am not sure he is what we need at the moment.

It doesn't seem right though that 12 months into a new contract he wants out, I believe players have too much power & should be held accountable to the contracts they sign.

Ill bite. What you got? Less cryptic stuff if possible.

Common sense

Either he wants to go home or he wants the $$$ (rocket science stuff)

How many clubs left the Tom Lynch opportunity open? And if that door closes what is plan B

Carlton talked about Gov last year so this is the media raft. UNTILL he nominates we wont know and even still, a pick 1 is not the gold we want for a flag.

I hear lots of things like we all do

Not rebuilding yet so lets think harder

Sorry for the intrusion, am not trying to be a smart ass but where has it been reported the McGovern wants out because Carlton have offered him huge dollars ?

Why do you think those highly attractive girls hang around those fat 60 year old loser guys, smoking cigars with top 100 listed companies.

Mitch is the attractive girl and you...well you can work it out

I see, so your surmising that it's only about money, not saying your wrong, it usually comes down to money or happiness in the work environment for all of us, just surprised that it's taken as gospel with no facts.
He's probably picked the wooden spooners because he likes a challenge.

I've discussed the McGovern trade in good faith. If you want to have a crack to make yourself feel better then carry on - it doesn't bother me at all.

Yes it does you took the time to respond that it bothered you lol.

No one is saying you cant post on here but be respectful and class and respect will be reflected back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back