COOL style now retired, as well as old BFMOBILE style.

Remove this Banner Ad

As announced during the year, the COOL style is old and bad. Very bad. It also ran a very very old mobile style called "bfmobile" - this has also been retired.

As of today we are moving solely to the COOL18 style as the default style.

Any broken bits in COOL will not be attended to.

If you find yourself on another style, You should switch to the DEFAULT style in the style chooser:

cool18-usedefault.PNG

The style chooser can be found down the bottom left corner of the forum (where it says "cool" in this pic):

488307_8020b9d7a1ca50dce64af5f8a1247992.PNG

Hi,
Quick question:
On Windows Mobile and edge browser if relevant. Style: Cool18
When I go to bigfooty.com, there is a hamburger menu at top left.
When I tap on it, the displayed content compresses in on all sides 1-2mm from the edge of the screen. It is not possible to actually access the hamburger menu. The hamburger menus seem to work fine elsewhere on the site.
Also, when typing, I can tap in any section of a draft and go to it, but can't then go to another section of the draft without tapping another screen element outside the text entry window.
Is that desired behaviour?

• Admin
Hi,
Quick question:
On Windows Mobile and edge browser if relevant. Style: Cool18
When I go to bigfooty.com, there is a hamburger menu at top left.
When I tap on it, the displayed content compresses in on all sides 1-2mm from the edge of the screen. It is not possible to actually access the hamburger menu. The hamburger menus seem to work fine elsewhere on the site.
Also, when typing, I can tap in any section of a draft and go to it, but can't then go to another section of the draft without tapping another screen element outside the text entry window.
Is that desired behaviour?
The home page is a Wordpress theme and I have noticed it sometimes mucks up. I will have another look at it.

The behavior of the text input box is new to me.

If you are able to open BF in a different browser on your phone and see if these both still happen it would give me an extra bit of info to track these issues down.

Last edited:
The home page is a Wordpress theme and I have noticed it sometimes mucks up. I will have another look at it.

The behavior of the text input box is new to me.

If you are able to open BF in a different browser on your phone and see if these both still happen it would give me an extra bit of info to track these issues down.
Hi, sorry for belated reply, had to test it.
In terms of the hamburger menu, that was reproducible across three browsers (think they all use the same rendering engine, if that matters), but it is intermittent. Sometimes the menu content blends in from the right, sometimes the frame shrinks / collapses. Right now it is ok in all.
The issue with the text box is more in edge, I haven't had issues in the other browsers at all. Right now, it is even ok in edge. Will keep monitoring.
All in all, I'm in a miniscule minority on Windows 10 mobile, tbh, would only be worth worrying about if it impacts W10 or other platforms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back