Opinion How confident are you this Final Series? What's stopping you from putting 100%?

How confident?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

40% for me. No disrespect for our amazing result this year but I feel like we are far off how we were playing against Sydney and Adelaide (2nd game) where it was like we were almost invincible. Funnily enough our success last year, and Adelaide's failure in the GF is the biggest 'warnings' in terms of it happening again but with another team having the Richmond run and us ending up like Adelaide did. I also think the bottom 4 of the 8 are far better than last year. And finally, because Richmond (pre-2017). :eek:

That being said, could not trust the coach, football department or leadership team more in terms of managing things well internally and putting us in the best possible position. It just seems until we have the three amigos firing in the forward line and lambo and prestia on the rampage, we're a ways off our best football.

We're still the best team. But our form is spotty recently - but winning form is good form.

I put 70% because anything can happen, but I reckon we are no. 1.
This is valid - winning form is good form
Over the past 5 rounds we are 5/0 - so are Hawks interestingly.
All others have taken a loss or two.....

I was concerned about our form vs last years form.
About the dead rubbers...listening to player interviews in regards to those last few games it seems that some were not 100% in it. Probably preservation mode with nagging soreness. The break will even things out and teams with reshot form may simmer a little and may give us a chance to turn up the wick.

I’m at 80% if we play well.
I’m at 39.689765 % if we don’t turn up the heat.

Other teams may play poorly too. Works both ways.

fl3136-kitchinhurst-black-bear-sitting-wood-fence-B90J3F.jpg
551617_cdac6bc4102a8796d5484882b9eaa972.gif

If the tiger players really want to win another flag they have the personnel, the game style, and processes in place to do so

If the tiger players are willing to put their body on the line ala Grimes on Tippen-woody

We will win it 100%

only three from three at the G to go

eat em alive tigers!

50%
Last year Adelaide where favorites and deservedly so, then on the big day they failed.
It was that old cliche your only as good as the other team lets you play and they just didn’t seem to be able to deal with us.
I haven’t seen us play our best for four quarters for a while...hope they red-line the intensity thurs night.

Finals are a different ball game, basically all matches are elimination matches, so there's added pressure, desperation, etc.

So probably 110%

70 percent 30 percent umpire fears.
Nah, finals are the best umpired games purely because the umpires all want to put their hand up to be there GF day, so with only 4 games then 2 and then 2 they are not going to umpire s**t like they would in the home and away games.

have a shocker in the home and away and your umpiring the next week
have a shocker in the finals and your not umpiring the next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50% for no other reason than that little voice inside my head that tells me it's all going pear shaped!
It doesn't matter who the oppo is I always imagine them playing at their absolute best and us playing poorly.
The good thing about my mindset is that I've been pleasantly surprised so many times over the last two seasons.
Head says Richmond.
Heart says Richmond.
Nasty little man says Hawthorn.

Nah, finals are the best umpired games purely because the umpires all want to put their hand up to be there GF day, so with only 4 games then 2 and then 2 they are not going to umpire s**t like they would in the home and away games.

have a shocker in the home and away and your umpiring the next week
have a shocker in the finals and your not umpiring the next week

I hope you’re right mate.:thumbsu:

Umps are the biggest worry for me. Raped us all year and if we’re in a tight tussle against say Melbourne who are this years Cinderella story, they’ll try and smash us yet again
Can an umpire win the Norm Smith?

It may happen this year ...

#RayzerforNormie

50%
Last year Adelaide where favorites and deservedly so, then on the big day they failed.
It was that old cliche your only as good as the other team lets you play and they just didn’t seem to be able to deal with us.
I haven’t seen us play our best for four quarters for a while...hope they red-line the intensity thurs night.
Last year Adelaide had lost 3 of their last 6 games. Although we've been a little shaky we've been winning.

60% Even though we're the reigning premiers and finished on top I just keep expecting us to **** it up like we always did.

50% for no other reason than that little voice inside my head that tells me it's all going pear shaped!
It doesn't matter who the oppo is I always imagine them playing at their absolute best and us playing poorly.
The good thing about my mindset is that I've been pleasantly surprised so many times over the last two seasons.
Head says Richmond.
Heart says Richmond.
Nasty little man says Hawthorn.

Lol - love how so many on here are like me... still find it hard to shake the pessimism and the sense of impending doom and implosion!

Bugger Ben Cousins tat 'Such is Life' - we should all have "Scarred for Life" inked in!

Lol - love how so many on here are like me... still find it hard to shake the pessimism and the sense of impending doom and implosion!

Bugger Ben Cousins tat 'Such is Life' - we should all have "Scarred for Life" inked in!
The life of a tiger we all have varying forms of PTSD. Support the tigers for long enough and there is good chance you've already lost your gonads on a Richmond sure thing gamble.

For the flag? No confident sadly. 30%
Last year was the exact opposite.
We were the hunters.
We ran into a Geelong side that had won their past 13 against us and they literally ran into a cauldron of fire and it shocked the hell out of them.
Prelim we ran into a busted up GWS without Cameron or Mumford with a fire breathing MCG to deal with.
Grand final we took on a Crows outfit that was more interested in power stances and their public persona rather than getting the job done.
This year there will no such crowd advantage.

All you campaigners need to cheer up. There are 10 clubs who are livid they are nit playing in September. Enjoy the ride. For the record i'm 100 percent confident we make it to the big dance. Then, of course, it's 50/50. Old Richmond is dead. New Richmond is now and you can smell the fear

All you campaigners need to cheer up. There are 10 clubs who are livid they are nit playing in September. Enjoy the ride. For the record i'm 100 percent confident we make it to the big dance. Then, of course, it's 50/50. Old Richmond is dead. New Richmond is now and you can smell the fear
Haha! I'm happy as a pig in s**t that we're in a QF and a chance to go B2B... I'm also anxious as all ****!!!

Having said what I have though - if we cover the Hawks this week by 20 - 40 points my confidence level will be pretty high as it will demonstrate we have indeed been priming ourselves.

100%, teams have been throwing the kitchen sink at us in the last few weeks and we are still winning despite managing our list.

No concerns at all from me.
I’m at 100 as well because if this

Back