Cats - Swans - Hawks = end of an era?

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s starting to make me wonder whether tipping up and remaining competitive is the right way to go now. Don’t know. It’s a tricky one for me - I am pretty happy what Geelong has achieved the last ten years or so but part of me also wonders what would happened if they just spent a year or two not trading and instead working on pics.

Having said that all three will probably still make the finals next year. And probably be making up the numbers again.

Seeing scenes like Melbourne or the Doggies a few years ago, I kinda don't mind too much.

It's great to see "poor" teams rise up and taste some success.

It was nice to see the dogs win. 12 months on im happy for the Tigers.

The demons were entirely self-inflicted. There is nothing nice about seeing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s starting to make me wonder whether tipping up and remaining competitive is the right way to go now. Don’t know. It’s a tricky one for me - I am pretty happy what Geelong has achieved the last ten years or so but part of me also wonders what would happened if they just spent a year or two not trading and instead working on pics.

Having said that all three will probably still make the finals next year. And probably be making up the numbers again.
Our problems last week had nothing to do with list talent.

Great to see the new guard arriving though.

AFL won't let their Sydney experiment fall out. Just needs a few more loopholes and preferential treatments and they'll make the 8 as usual.

Oh phew and I was worried about the list,this is good news though

Every year I read we are falling for the last 20 odd, I’m sure it will happen one day , but I’m confident our kids coming through and list changes will see us at least be a finalist

Time will tell. But not a bad year overall with injuries and a developing list

What odds would you give for one (or more) of these three teams to make the prelim in 2019?

Any better than evens and I am selling my clothes to load up on the bet.

AFL won't let their Sydney experiment fall out. Just needs a few more loopholes and preferential treatments and they'll make the 8 as usual.
Like, lemme see now.. a two-year trade ban for doing nothing wrong?

The thing I love about conspiracy theorists is how they don’t bother to acknowledge even the most basic facts contrary to their persecutionist worldview.

Lol at delusional Sydney fans in this thread on so many levels. Sydney not even in the same conversation as Hawks/Geelong in that era.

Swans bottom 4 next year guaranteed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back