Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I love how some cat fans cry when things don't go how they want it

I especially like the one about Abbott not making it out of Grovedale, that was a first class melt!!! For the record when I said that i wasn't happy about him getting 2 years I meant the tenure not the player, I think he can definitely help out but I think the club could have played it safe and given him 1 year to start and see how he goes, i mean he has only played 4 games because of an injury, he isn't going to be a world beater but could be handy as a backup especially if they have no intention of playing Smith again, i feel sometimes our list management team are too quick on the trigger to resign players/coaches to longer deals aka GHS, Chris Scott and so forth, they need to relax a little :D

Last edited:
Fine with the Abbott deal. 2 years, wouldn’t be much money, good depth and can actually compete okay if required in the seniors.

I expect us to start next season with Stanley No.1 Ruck backing him in to keep that form up that he had for 6-7 weeks before getting injured, along with Ratugolea CHF/2nd Ruck.

Not sure what the angst from some is about, I'm happy with re-signing Abbott for two years. He showed that he is at least decent back up in a position we are very brittle in, and with further development may become more than decent. He wouldn't be costing a huge salary, we could have (and have in the past) done much worse in the re-signing department.

dump trade I think ..just move the dollars.. and explain that if can find somewhere else to play on multiple year deal it might be a good idea.. and we would get the deal done for him..
I'm probably in the minority but I still hold out hope that he can come good. Has all the tools. Next year or bust for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone be kind enough to fill me in what’s been roughly said on here Since Friday.
I had my GF on sat and have been in no shape to get on here and really can’t be bothered reading 25 pages

TIA
Think of any player on any list in the league - they area apparently coming to Geelong.

Then the next day that same player is no longer coming to Geelong but is instead now linked to North Melbourne.

And a lot of speculation/discussion around what Kelly will get us in a trade versus the "he's going no where"

I assume Stanley, Smith and Abbott all staying on our list means we aren't chasing another ruck for 2019...

I actually think we'll definitely be after another ruck. Even if Zac stays.

As it stands, the trio of available options for next year will all be at least 28 by the end of 2019. I'll be surprised if the club doesn't look to bring a young draftee in, at the very least.

Hopefully we have enough picks this year to use one to try to secure a really long-term ruck option for the club.

They're always hard to come by without an early pick. But it's certainly worth our while to expend some draft capital over time to find one.

Because you don't have to look too hard to see how our paucity of ruck stocks has cost us greatly over virtually every season since '11.

Massive list management priority of the next few seasons for mine.

Are people really moaning about Abbott re-signing for two more years given Smith can't break into the team and Stanley has a history with injury... Not withstanding that he actually acquitted himself well when called up late in the season.

He's very good depth as his 3 games to date have shown.

Carlton are going to sign Alex Fasolo on a three-year deal, they are nuts, 3 years for him with all his injuries and mental health problems is crazy.
I think for a 26yo, I would've done a 2 year deal with a trigger for a 3rd year extension - like x goals and x games... He can mark the footy for a small guy (181cm) - 4.5 marks per game, nothing to snooze at, they are hard to find. His injuries are nothing like Menzel, so he is less riskier than him.

But agreed, he is a risky acquisition, but I also think Carlton would only get him over the line with nothing less than a 3 year deal.

He is also a typical Blues acquisition which fills their supporter needs - An Italian. :)

I think for a 26yo, I would've done a 2 year deal with a trigger for a 3rd year extension - like x goals and x games... He can mark the footy for a small guy (181cm) - 4.5 marks per game, nothing to snooze at, they are hard to find. His injuries are nothing like Menzel, so he is less riskier than him.

But agreed, he is a risky acquisition, but I also think Carlton would only get him over the line with nothing less than a 3 year deal.

He is also a typical Blues acquisition which fills their supporter needs - An Italian. :)

Does he come with a fluffy dice :moustache:.

Carlton are fully sick.

I actually think we'll definitely be after another ruck. Even if Zac stays.

As it stands, the trio of available options for next year will all be at least 28 by the end of 2019. I'll be surprised if the club doesn't look to bring a young draftee in, at the very least.

Hopefully we have enough picks this year to use one to try to secure a really long-term ruck option for the club.

They're always hard to come by without an early pick. But it's certainly worth our while to expend some draft capital over time to find one.

Because you don't have to look too hard to see how our paucity of ruck stocks has cost us greatly over virtually every season since '11.

Massive list management priority of the next few seasons for mine.

We used to draft a ruckman every two years .. maybe we got sick of exporting them (West, Vardy, Simpson) but surely that was better than importing (Clarke, McIntosh, Smith, Stanley).

Is there any chance we keep blaming our ruckmen, when it might be other things not quite working in the midfield? Or, not having a ruck coach ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back