Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that we won that game, I don't see CW back before we head to Tennessee. Bucs and Indy next two. 2-1 or 3-0 would be a great start. That gives Wentz another 3.5 weeks before the Titans game.

Eerily similar to our last meeting with them. Good to see the defense holding up where it counts. Looking forward to some of our stars coming off the injury list.

Definitely no rush to get Wentz back as I think we'll see similar to last season when Foles came in that it took him & Dougy a couple of games to get it going. He was very lucky not to get picked off a couple times last night but still put up a much better game that Ryan when it mattered - 3rd down conversions Foles 8/16, Ryan 4/15 & the way he executed that final drive (again), Foles keeps producing when it's needed, hard to ask for more than that.

Wentz cleared for the Colts.:)

& apparently Jordan Matthews worked out at Nova Care yesterday so while that doesn't fill me with great excitement, he had his moments as an Iggle & last I heard there were 3 fit wideouts on the roster so there's a need.

Ajayi might not get up with his back & Sproles who knows so practice squad rookie RB Josh Adams has been moved up, looks like there will be a struggle for a while to assemble a solid attacking unit.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have thought JM was healthy yet.

I would have rather Maclin than JM. EDIT: He's booked for a workout too.

Ajayi expected to miss. Clement will have a big week.

I fully expect Maclin over JM. Jordan mostly played in Chips system. Maclin was Andy and then Andy again in KC with Doug. Much more accustomed to the system and will be quicker at picking up the playbook on short notice.

Ok, both of their initials are JM mate. This is just confusing. Mathews played a full year under Pederson here though.

Part of the difference for me is that Mathews only really plays slot. I don't want to move Agholor out of the position we've discovered he can play.

Ok, both of their initials are JM mate. This is just confusing. Mathews played a full year under Pederson here though.

Part of the difference for me is that Mathews only really plays slot. I don't want to move Agholor out of the position we've discovered he can play.

Haha I realised that. I only referred to Jordan as JM though.

Early Doug's offence was very vanilla compared to what it is now though. Maclins had more experience with it overall I feel.

Slot thing definitely impacts. Although Agholor has played pretty much exclusively outside (as far as I can tell) these first two weeks and has been playing well

Whoever they got in first is the guy they think is the better fit/ready to contribute.

Its hilarious that Dez has not gotten a look, he would just love to stick it to the cowboys, kinda like desean when he plays us.

Can we sign a replacement for mills? he gets beaten alot, then his assignment uses a double move :\

Foles played really well given how poorly the line protected him, he has a talent of throwing uninterceptable balls at the other team too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schwartz loves Mills. Loves his attitude. His aggressiveness.

Jones is the better CB however. And should start on the outside. But wont happen unless something drastic changes

im even more sceptical after reading that puff piece, your comparing $5k vs $3.4m is bs and he is not a "leaguie".
he could not cut it at league, they asked him to get fit so he could play more than 20 minutes a game, he chose to go another direction. You talk about great attitude but all I see is a guy with NO work ethic in that situation. yet you are going to group him with guys like jason taumalolo, greg inglis and cameron smith?

he is a talented guy but I think he has other issues that have not come out, after all, if he had all the tools, he probably would have gotten much better offers than "$5k".

its pretty obvious rose coloured glasses on as you keep citing his great attitude, but there is no evidence of this.

he has never excelled at anything when he has been asked to put in the hard work, yet you think this time will be different?
No work ethic? Ask the Philly coaches whether he has no work ethic.

He simply couldn't lose the weight to play rugby league. he was at around 130kg with less that 10% body fat. There was nothing more he could have done. He's just not built for RL. And he most definitely is a leaguie. If you grow up playing league, play junior rep footy, that pretty much qualifies you for being a leaguie.

He simply couldn't lose the weight to play rugby league. he was at around 130kg with less that 10% body fat. There was nothing more he could have done. He's just not built for RL. And he most definitely is a leaguie. If you grow up playing league, play junior rep footy, that pretty much qualifies you for being a leaguie.

Yeah I did laugh - player makes an NFL 53 man roster having never played a game but has suspect work ethic...go figure...

all your 8 posts are defending Jordan Mailata, are you Jordan? or somehow related? or just a really big fan. Sorry Jordan/Jordan's second cousin/Head of the JM4Lyfe fan club but nobody wants him to fail, but ther are some of us that are skeptical.

the fact that lesean mccoy was one of my favourite players as an eagle sickens me when i read some of the stuff going on in his personal life. kapernick and reid get blackballed by the league for protesting inequality, but they allow guys like shady to keep representing the league.

Can we sign a replacement for mills? he gets beaten alot, then his assignment uses a double move :\

We've got one- Sidney Jones.

TBH, I wouldnt mind seeing some more of Douglas. He has that rare knack of coming up with the ball.

We've got one- Sidney Jones.

TBH, I wouldnt mind seeing some more of Douglas. He has that rare knack of coming up with the ball.

His knock is speed, but not like Mills is blazing fast.

Ajayi & Sproles did not practice on Thursday, Peters limited with a quad (probably holds out Mailata for a while yet so take a deep breath Chocky:p) but the Colts have plenty of injury concerns themselves.

Doubt we'll see Jones moving outside for Mills, different players, different skill sets, both playing in the positions that suit them best. Mills gets burnt (which CB's dont from time to time) but he also makes plays on a regular basis, had a very good playoff series last year.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see how our D goes against the Colts, Reich looks to have implemented a solid short game for Luck, no surprise they are killing it on 3rd down much like the Eagles last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back