List Mgmt. The 2018 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynch is definitely a gun.

But still very over-rated. Waiting on this 'young' and 'promising' forward who is about to turn 26 to take the competition by storm is the entire AFL's version of this board's running joke about Reid's promise. Except the AFL world isn't in on the joke.

I know he's been in a crap team, but this is a bloke who's kicked over 50 goals in a year only once in his career. Meanwhile Sideshow Bob, who is almost the same age, has done it twice, including last year when his team finished bottom four. My point isn't that Lynch is bad, it's that I just don't think he's ever going to be the superstar many expect him to be, and therefore he's not worth the investment of say a million dollar contract.
Stop worrying about Lynch , we are not going for him ! he's a Tiger.

But still very over-rated. Waiting on this 'young' and 'promising' forward who is about to turn 26 to take the competition by storm is the entire AFL's version of this board's running joke about Reid's promise. Except the AFL world isn't in on the joke.

I know he's been in a crap team, but this is a bloke who's kicked over 50 goals in a year only once in his career. Meanwhile Sideshow Bob, who is almost the same age, has done it twice, including last year when his team finished bottom four. My point isn't that Lynch is bad, it's that I just don't think he's ever going to be the superstar many expect him to be, and therefore he's not worth the investment of say a million dollar contract.

26 year old KPF sounds like the right time to go to the next level. If clubs are willing to pay 850k for players like Lever then a million for a player with his skills is cheap.

who ever said reid is that good?

he is a second tall forward/swingman.

i have never expected him to be anything more. if anyone else has they are deluded.

So

Hanners, worth a first rounder on record, but that is as relevant as Mr Skilton. On attitude and form he is worth a late first, early second rounder. Bonus is clearing salary.

Newman worth a late second rounder. Saves bugger all dosh, as he'd be on min chips.

Rohan. Best we can hope for is a late 4fh round in exchange for our fifth. Bonus is the $450k we'd save.

So

Hanners, worth a first rounder on record, but that is as relevant as Mr Skilton. On attitude and form he is worth a late first, early second rounder. Bonus is clearing salary.

Newman worth a late second rounder. Saves bugger all dosh, as he'd be on min chips.

Rohan. Best we can hope for is a late 4fh round in exchange for our fifth. Bonus is the $450k we'd save.

We needn't be excited about our draft prospects because we are bringing in a star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We needn't be excited about our draft prospects because we are bringing in a star

Madness. Most of the ''stars' in the market are way over rated and over priced.

Buddy aside, we should avoid over paid boom recruits.

Madness. Most of the ''stars' in the market are way over rated and over priced.

Buddy aside, we should avoid over paid boom recruits.

I just think there's perhaps too many holes to plug and trying to bring in a star recruit would be papering over the cracks really. Our best chance of a complete team will be in a few years time and to do that we have to invest in more young talent (which sounds crazy to say after 17 debutants in the last 3 years yet still true) We'll get Blakey this year who by all accounts will be a gun forward (or possibly mid), but I'd like us to also get an elite mid in this year's draft. Then use a later pick we may have to find another steal further down the draft who can be a Parker workhorse type.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-09-20/u18-is-your-club-looking-for-a-gun-midfielder

It's like the housing market B52. Everyone wants a piece so prices go up.
Aye 37. The country is only good for digging stuff out of the ground and filling the gouging holes with trash. SMFC Sydney is the exception.

It's like the housing market B52. Everyone wants a piece so prices go up.

And in the case of Tippett, we're still in hock.
That worked well the last time we spoke to him....

Ryder can only really play forward and pinch hit hit in the ruck. A top line player buggered by injury and rogered by Hird, Thompson et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back