Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - West Coast v Melbourne, Optus Stadium, Sat, Sept 22, 1.20pm WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the WCE banter, demonstrates that they do not think they have this in the bag. Melbourne is travelling as well as any Victorian FC has ever done, we are doing what the good teams from Brisbane, Sydney, WCE, and Adelaide have done in recent history, travelling and winning, suddenly the Subiaco fortress that depressed every Melbourne supporter for decades, is looking more like a sand castle with the tide coming in. We may not win but meth coast are definitely hearing footsteps, we have a Jetta that is lethal and half a dozen other smiling assassins, pressure will be huge, especially as it is the eagles to lose, a bit like Adelaide in the GF last year. The umpires won't win this for you, neither will the crowd, you need to beat our midfield to win not just rely on your (very) impressive forward line. And actually to admit something I'm worried about is not your forwards but your defenders, I reckon it is going to be a low scoring match (hopefully not just us) they have all the tools to cope in close (will not be a repeat of R22), we will need to take our chances like we haven't so far. Dees by a point.
Crowds do influence the contest....anyone who thinks otherwise is silly..

Our midfield is undersold bevause it doesn't get the media...

We are 17-6 .....a crap midfield wont get u second on the ladder

Only chink of light I can see is that if the talls can get the ball to the deck, the dees have the small defenders to get the ball out of dodge while the tall WC forwards keep ambling around - yes I know they aren't complete Travis Clokes on defensive pressure, but they are still slow in relative terms.

But if they exploit one of the dees weaknesses - giving up forward 50 contested marks - they will have a field day.

Crowds do influence the contest....anyone who thinks otherwise is silly..

Our midfield is undersold bevause it doesn't get the media...

We are 17-6 .....a crap midfield wont get u second on the ladder

Crowds do, once upon a time Melbourne was susceptible to the crowd factor, lord knows the umps are, my point is the way Melbourne goes about it, it is much less of a factor, we are a very good travelling side. Never said your midfield is crap, just because I reckon Melbourne has a better midfield. You guys are rightly favourites, just like Richmond...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All Richmond's stars putrid except reiwaldt. Without those two bullshit umpires goals Richmond wouldn't even have had a sniff.

Lol. Sorry Cats supporter but its not up to you. Pies have tried to beat us twice and failed. WC vs Pies would be a great contest.
Took them 3 cracks at the Tigers as well. ;)

Either matchup would be great, and regardless I’ll be pulling against the Pies

I know I’m a Melbourne supporter but the storylines in Melbourne v Collingwood would be amazing.

The ancient rivalry.
The cultural duel - the top end of town and the MCC against the working class
The GF record - Melbourne 6-1 Collingwood, but that one Pies win stopped Melbourne and Norm Smith equalling the Pies and Jock McHale
The player (Melbourne) - Sam Weideman, the grandson of Collingwood premiership captain Murray
The player (Collingwood) - Jeremy Howe, who started at the Dees
The heartbreak - Lynden Dunn, who played a ton of games in the dark years for Melbourne, goes to Collingwood and plays amazingly until doing an ACL in the year where he would finally get a shot against his old side
Grundy v Gawn
Two top midfields duelling

And that’s without individual stories like Jones, Cox, Miochek, Jetta just to name a few.

In the modern era it would be incredible.

That said. Rule one all year has been simple. Win Dees.

I know I’m a Melbourne supporter but the storylines in Melbourne v Collingwood would be amazing.

The ancient rivalry.
The cultural duel - the top end of town and the MCC against the working class
The GF record - Melbourne 6-1 Collingwood, but that one Pies win stopped Melbourne and Norm Smith equalling the Pies and Jock McHale
The player (Melbourne) - Sam Weideman, the grandson of Collingwood premiership captain Murray
The player (Collingwood) - Jeremy Howe, who started at the Dees
The heartbreak - Lynden Dunn, who played a ton of games in the dark years for Melbourne, goes to Collingwood and plays amazingly until doing an ACL in the year where he would finally get a shot against his old side
Grundy v Gawn
Two top midfields duelling

And that’s without individual stories like Jones, Cox, Miochek, Jetta just to name a few.

In the modern era it would be incredible.

That said. Rule one all year has been simple. Win Dees.
I guarantee the AFL is aware of all of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back