Opinion Player list management and game plan 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What could the Hawks give us for Wingard?

They have picks 14, 32 & 50.

Pick 14 landed them the 2018 Brownlow medallist. Despicable club and I’ll be furious if we trade Wingard to them.

It's funny but I'm still bullish about next year. This finals series has shown the importance of attacking football. We have players that can execute an attacking instinctive game plan. Just let them loose. The loud and clear message from fans is we want to see our team play this football again. And it is winning football.

With the recruiting of Lycett we get a decent 1st string ruck structure and we have a strong tall forward set up. Our midfield is solid and while it may take a couple of hits we are well placed to bring in some exciting young talent too. Our defence was a strong point this year.

Modern AFL shows that if you are around the mark you can have a standout season.

There are things we need to change up within the current confines but we can do that.
Great post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely being shopped around. I heard Bass made a comment about the players and what they do around the club not just on the field, I seem to remember the talk about Polec not inviting anybody from the club to his wedding? along with that Wingard warming up by himself during the Hawks game (the game where C Cornes gave him a spray), makes me wonder and think that both these two were more about themselves as opposed to the team or club? You can put two and two together quite easily if that's the case I guess, these decisions were probably made a while back too.
The wedding thing is massively over blown. If he invites one bloke he’s probably got to invite 10 plus partners and then there are other people he might be close to at the club. He’s bound to offend someone but by leaving them all out no one can feel overly **** off. I wish I had done the same thing for my wedding.
People get funny about wedding invites and take it real personal not really appreciating that the day isn’t about them.

if recruiting staff think we can replace polec with j martin id take that

if recruiting staff think we can replace wingard and polec with j martin i would not

The wedding thing is massively over blown. If he invites one bloke he’s probably got to invite 10 plus partners and then there are other people he might be close to at the club. He’s bound to offend someone but by leaving them all out no one can feel overly **** off. I wish I had done the same thing for my wedding.
People get funny about wedding invites and take it real personal not really appreciating that the day isn’t about them.

Dude, he didn't even invite any players to his engagement party.

These are guys that he would see every day and spend the weekend with every two weeks or so. I'm sure the people he didn't really talk to wouldn't have expected an invite, but to not invite the people you hang around with to something as simple as that?

That's just ******* weird.

i saw somewhere that the eagles were putting some ruckmen through fitness tests so i take from that Lycett might be gone, i think he's pretty good and as good as your gonna get right at the moment with what is available

Dude, he didn't even invite any players to his engagement party.

These are guys that he would see every day and spend the weekend with every two weeks or so. I'm sure the people he didn't really talk to wouldn't have expected an invite, but to not invite the people you hang around with to something as simple as that?

That's just ******* weird.
Not really.
It happens a lot.
You invite them to the engagement party and then they expect a wedding invite. He’s just kept it consistent.

i saw somewhere that the eagles were putting some ruckmen through fitness tests so i take from that Lycett might be gone, i think he's pretty good and as good as your gonna get right at the moment with what is available

A solid serviceable ruck for 25 games over two years

What’s that worth when our premiership window is 3-4 years away?

That's not true they traded heath shaw, dale Thomas left, Paul seedsman they made some tough decisions to move on players

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Not last year they didn't.
Heath Shaw was traded in 2013, Dale Thomas went to the Blues via free agency the same year and Seesdman went to the Corporation in 2015. Not sure how that's relevant...

One of those self professed ones I think and an Essendon supporter. Perhaps he’s Essendon’s version of the Crows AFL Shouter, all bluff and no substance. Who knows.
Quick scroll through his tweets (doesn’t tweet much) goes back to last year suggesting jack Trengove and watts might end up at collingwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back