Bulldogs Eyewitness -The Social Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone here not think Dahl always tried his guts out? I mean it’s pretty insulting what has been said about him.

I’ve never questioned his effort. I’ve questioned his skills, but never have a thought he wasn’t having a crack.

He’s nothing like Stringer. Not one bit. Him and Tom were huge parts of the culture that set up 2016. Were they perfect? No. Was Luke Hodge and Jordan Lewis perfect when they were 24?

Really worried about what we’re doing, especially if we lose Lib.

Even common people like myself know not to meltdown on Social Media. He's ****** up and I'd put my house on him regretting what he's done once he sleeps off his bender.
It may well pan out that way. And let's say it does. Dahl finds that his offer from Geelong is withdrawn and can't find another home or finds a home on a significantly reduced rate. That'll learn him to respond to the media or a slight on social media and he'll pay the price.

And if it panned out that way do you think Bob would have any regrets? Should he have any regrets? It's great radio after all and we all crave information from the inner sanctum.

I do not think that Farren Ray

He is taller than that bloke and I’m. It sure that is Fitzsy

It may well pan out that way. And let's say it does. Dahl finds that his offer from Geelong is withdrawn and can't find another home or finds a home on a significantly reduced rate. That'll learn him to respond to the media or a slight on social media and he'll pay the price.

And if it panned out that way do you think Bob would have any regrets? Should he have any regrets? It's great radio after all and we all crave information from the inner sanctum.

Too deep for 9:30pm on a Sunday night, NW. I'm still just getting my head ready for work tomorrow.

In short, no Murph won't regret it. That's my opinion. And Dahls life won't fall apart because of his meltdown.

Meltdown is a very strong work. He’s just putting up some crap while pissed. I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal, it’s a Murphy/Dahlhaus/Liber issue. 2/3 of that won’t even be at the club next year.

Controversial opinion, but might be time for the club to maybe ease of Murph being involved as much.

It is sad that they have had a falling out. I remember a few years ago Robbo ask Bob if he was a Bont or Jake Stringer man, Bob goes “I’m a Luke Dahlhaus man”.

It's Ray. He commented 'gee I look good' on the picture.

It's also a Dog's reunion so that is not going to be Ryan Fitzgerald. Fairly certain it's Hahn in the hat.

Sweet I thought Ray was taller than that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to kind of laugh when people say they’ve never questioned Dahl’s effort on field.

A big part of your effort on field is the preparation you put in off it, be it getting your body right, doing all of the proper recovery, being mentally present in weekly reviews, learning the game plans, being coached etc.

I can’t see you being 100% committed if rumours are true of partying / drug taking. You surely can’t be committed to being the best footballer you can be.

It’s funny how our rumoured biggest partiers (libba, Dahl, Biggs just to name a few) are the players who have regressed the most since 2016.

Is it just a coincidence?

I have to kind of laugh when people say they’ve never questioned Dahl’s effort on field.

A big part of your effort on field is the preparation you put in off it, be it getting your body right, doing all of the proper recovery, being mentally present in weekly reviews, learning the game plans, being coached etc.

I can’t see you being 100% committed if rumours are true of partying / drug taking. You surely can’t be committed to being the best footballer you can be.

It’s funny how our rumoured biggest partiers (libba, Dahl, Biggs just to name a few) are the players who have regressed the most since 2016.

Spot on regarding effort on the field.

You can be trying your guts out on the field and going nowhere because your preparation is just not where it should be.

I'll fully back dahlhaus as a player here. He gave a lot more effort than plenty of others on the list.

I don't really think this has anything to do with him as a player. Just a few stupid comments from people on both sides.

Meltdown is a very strong work. He’s just putting up some crap while pissed. I really don’t think it’s that big of a deal, it’s a Murphy/Dahlhaus/Liber issue. 2/3 of that won’t even be at the club next year.

Controversial opinion, but might be time for the club to maybe ease of Murph being involved as much.

It is sad that they have had a falling out. I remember a few years ago Robbo ask Bob if he was a Bont or Jake Stringer man, Bob goes “I’m a Luke Dahlhaus man”.

What Murphy said was hardly searing criticism for christ sake.

I’m not gonna try and defend drug users, but it’s not impossible to be an amazing trainer and a drug user.

I mean Ben Cousins was the biggest animal at training the league has seen. A bloke I know at footscray said Liber was the best trainer at the club he’s seen besides Boyd and Cross.

I think a lot of people (not saying you) on this website are really poorly educated on drugs. I’d argue for an athlete they’d be better off taking a cap or two of MDMA over having a nights worth of grog.

I know that in an ideal world they’d be at home at 7pm every night and in bed by 9, but not everyone is a Jack Macrae or Scott Pendlebury.

So that's a fair point if true. Partying affecting preparation will reduce your on field capacity irrespective of giving 100% on the day. But, as you say, rumoured.

Perhaps the uncomfortable part in all this is that someone with inner sanctum knowledge and access is a) spilling the beans if it's true or b) dissing or misrepresenting a former team mate if it's not. He's leaving so the only winners are Geelong who get the buyer beware heads up from someone who reportedly knows and the radio audience who'll tune in again next time hoping for a bit more bankable info on the dysfunctional dogs from Bob.

I genuinely wonder if he (Bob) could take it back, whether he would or whether his commitment to the dark side means he's a kiss and tell guy now.

He’s nothing like Stringer. Not one bit. Him and Tom were huge parts of the culture that set up 2016. Were they perfect? No. Was Luke Hodge and Jordan Lewis perfect when they were 24?
Hodge won the Norm Smith when he was 24 . . .

So that's a fair point if true. Partying affecting preparation will reduce your on field capacity irrespective of giving 100% on the day. But, as you say, rumoured.

Perhaps the uncomfortable part in all this is that someone with inner sanctum knowledge and access is a) spilling the beans if it's true or b) dissing or misrepresenting a former team mate if it's not. He's leaving so the only winners are Geelong who get the buyer beware heads up from someone who reportedly knows and the radio audience who'll tune in again next time hoping for a bit more bankable info on the dysfunctional dogs from Bob.

I genuinely wonder if he (Bob) could take it back, whether he would or whether his commitment to the dark side means he's a kiss and tell guy now.

This is probably the most hyperbolic statement in the history of BF (and that's really saying something).

My 7 year old niece could tell you that Dahl hasn't played with the same commitment in the last two years (as has been said he isn't close to being the only one - it's just the others haven't asked for a nice new contact and pay rise).

What Murphy said is what deep down everyone been at or who's watched the club closely know and are probably to varying degrees very frustrated about. To say otherwise would be politeness/loyalty to the point of absurdity for someone who's already said adios to the club and gone down the road anyway. To say that he's a kiss and tell merchant is just disrespectful and delusional.

Honestly don't overreact to someone who's clearly had way too much (I sincerely hope only) alcohol and decided it would be a good idea to open social media.

This is the most hyperbolic statement in the history of BF (and that's really saying something). My 7 year old niece could tell you that Dahl hasn't played with the same commitment in the last two years (as has been said he isn't close to being the only one - it's just the others haven't asked for a nice new contact and pay rise).

What Murphy said is what deep down everyone been at or who's watched the club closely know and are probably to varying degrees very frustrated about. To say otherwise would be politeness/loyalty to the point of absurdity for someone who's already said adios to the club and gone down the road anyway.

Honestly don't overreact to someone who's clearly had way too much (I sincerely hope only) alcohol and decided it would be a good idea to open social media.

I wouldn’t sincerely hope it was only alcohol if I was you

You will be surely let down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back