Rumour Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo want more than pick 5, trying to manufacture a deal with Melbourne involved which will go something like this.

Freo give Neale to Lions for 5
Freo give 5 and 7 for Hogan and a later pick (3rd probably)

Bris get Neale
Freo get Hogan and Dees third
Demons get 5 and 7

Demons have cap issues, and Hogan may not be the only big name heading out of there

Freo want more than pick 5, trying to manufacture a deal with Melbourne involved which will go something like this.

Bris get Neale
Demons get 5 and 7

Demons have cap issues, and Hogan may not be the only big name heading out of there

Will definitely need a third party involved to get deal done i believe. As much as Melbourne would say Hogan is not for sale, if pick 5 & 7 was on offer it is hard to see anybody knocking it back, even if it was your best player.

Could all hinge on the appointment of Peter Bell to the Footy Manager role as to whether Neale stays or goes.

Bris get Neale
Demons get 5 and 7

That is a load of s**t, sure Tyson is leaving but that's not cap issues

Rather than being sacrilege, the club could start with Pick 5 & give Daniel ($650k+ for the next 2 seasons) Rich a Testimonial, a Life Membership, celebrate his career from WA Surfer Dude to Rising Star & beyond and a clearance to return to the waves of WA. He could add value at Freo by being like Hodgy is to the backline now. The clubs best 22 cannot afford 2 such players.

How about the $650k be used towards paying a bloke like Neale; who came to Lions. Me thinketh that means we won't need to put the "In demand player" premium $$$$$$ on his contract to land him. Let's face it, we're going to need space to up the ante and hold on to our young guns too. They are the most promising crop I have seen for years. It's they who will take The Lions to the next Flag.

I mean no disrespect to Daniel Rich. The Club has to plan for the next Flag. It's Hodge or Rich.

Any better ideas on how The Lions pay for Neale?
I may of read your post wrong, but surely you didn't say Rich could add value like Hodge? I wouldn't want Rich for 50 cents a year, no f***ing way is he worth $650K. Not even the slightest bit interested in Rich.

I may of read your post wrong, but surely you didn't say Rich could add value like Hodge? I wouldn't want Rich for 50 cents a year, no f***ing way is he worth $650K. Not even the slightest bit interested in Rich.
Rich would be a major upgrade on the short arsed lefty that couldn't run out of sight on a dark night that you've got now. Probably not worth twice his wage though:)

Bris get Neale
Demons get 5 and 7

Would be great if you could find a way to add Jayden Hunt to the Lions in this deal mate! ;)

Our 2018 first and second should get the deal across the line. Wouldn't be keen to cough up more than that. Think most Lions supporters will be happy either way. Neale or a Smith/Berry combo is a win win situation.

Smith/Berry?.... hope you’re not talking Jarrod Berry and Archie Smith?..... i am mad keen Brisbane, but even i wouldn’t trade them for Neale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is a load of s**t, sure Tyson is leaving but that's not cap issues
Yep, you don't go from overpaying a guy to try complete your list (not having a go but obviously not many defenders have his salary) to cap issues in 1 season. Nearly all sizeable contracts bar Tom McDonald would have been sorted prior to Lever too.

If the Dees had cap issues they wouldn't have snared Lever.

Bris get Neale
Demons get 5 and 7

WTF...I hope that what you do in real life is not Negotiations!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back