Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'll have a crack

Geelong
Port
West Coast
North
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Sydney
Adelaide
St Kilda
Brisbane Lions
Fremantle
Essendon
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond

Why Eagles so low? Lol
Because I find that in the last 10 or so years they end up falling whenever they have high expectations on them and they rise whenever they are expected to tumble. That is the only reason why I have them so low.

To be honest, I did not put much thought in that ladder and it'll probably show anyway.

Yes, time to fantasies. Got nothing better to do. Prediction will be better post trade period.

1. Melbourne: 18-4
2. Richmond: 16-6
3. Collingwood: 16-6
4. GWS: 15-7
5. West Coast: 15-7
6. Essendon: 14-8
7. North Melbourne: 13-9
8. Adelaide: 12-10
9. Sydney: 12-10
10. Hawthorn: 12-10
11. St. Kilda: 11-11
12. Geelong: 10-12
13. Western Bulldogs: 9-13
14. Brisbane: 8-14
15. Port Adelaide: 8-14
16. Gold Coast: 7-15
17. Carlton: 6-16
18. Fremantle: 5-17

Finals: Winners in Bold. Days break in (Brackets) If Travelling interstate: Underline
Week 1:
Thursday Night:
Richmond v Collingwood MCG
Friday Night:
Essendon v North Melbourne MCG
Saturday Twilight:
Melbourne v GWS MCG
Saturday Night:
West Coast v Adelaide Optus Stadium
Week 2:
Friday Night:
Collingwood (8) v Essendon (7) MCG
Saturday Night:
GWS (7) v West Coast (7) Spotless Stadium
Week 3:
Friday Night:
Melbourne (13) v Collingwood (7) MCG
Saturday Twilight:
Richmond (16) v West Coast (7) MCG
Week 4:
Saturday Afternoon:
Melbourne (8) v Richmomd (7) by 15 points. MCG (A bit bias too :D)

1. Sydney
2. Hawks
3. Melbourne
4. WC
5. Tigers
6. Crows
7. Port
8. Pies
9. Saints
10. Geelong
11. GC
12. GWS
13. Freo
14. North
15. Lions
16. Blues
17. Bombers
18. Bulldogs

1. Collingwood
2. Melbourne
3. Essendon
4. West Coast
5. GWS
6. Richmond
7. Adelaide
8. Western Bulldogs
9. Geelong
10. North
11. Port Adelaide
12. Saints
13. Hawthorn
14. Brisbane
15. Sydney
16. Fremantle
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this season has ever shown you cant do a ladder predictor without seeing the fixture. It holds so much weight, look hawks finish top 4 this year and they will cop a hard draw next year. Theyre stuffed. A lot other teams in the 8 in the same boat.

On the flipsdie teams like crows will cop an easy draw and smash it in. They should get back to top 4 - again, depending on the fixture gods of the afl.

Last edited:
Its very tough to predict because a few teams in the top 8 will collapse and miss out and a few will make the 8 that weren't expected to. Heres my prediction anyways:

Richmond
Melbourne
GWS
Essendon
Adelaide
Collingwood
Geelong
WCE

Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne (depends on who they pick up in the offseason. If they get Gaff + Polec I think theyll make the 8.)
Sydney
St Kilda
Bulldogs
Fremantle
Brisbane
Carlton
Gold Coast

Essendon and Adelaide to be the big improvers from this season and Sydney to drop off.

As s**t as Carlton have been this year it's hard to see anyone finishing beneath Gold Coast next year. Another painful exodus of talent awaits them and Dew will move anyone on if he can get a half decent pick out of it. Wants to rebuild the list from complete scratch.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any reason why? Personally I think we'll be around the top 4 again. The list will only strengthen with Lynch coming in.
I just think our best players are getting older, and our midfield depth was seriously exposed in the last few months. We scraped past a few very ordinary teams. We need to add 3 b grade mids which isn't going to happen in 1 year with all our efforts on lynch and I think other teams will go past us.

1. West Coast
2. Greater Western Sydney
3. Collingwood
4. Melbourne
5. Richmond
6. Adelaide
7. North Melbourne
8. Hawthorn

9. Essendon
10. Geelong
11. Sydney
12. Port Adelaide
13. Brisbane
14. St Kilda
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Carlton
17. Fremantle
18. Gold Coast

In every season since 2014 at least one top 4 side has missed the 8 altogether the next season. With the evenness of the competition right now I'd say that will continue. Richmond or West Coast not likely, Pies should have more depth available if their injuries subside, so that leaves Hawthorn. A 5-8 side on paper but less balanced than the other three and would really struggle with a medium or long-term injury to any key player.

Don't think you can write off Sydney. Will fall flat in finals again unless something changes but I fully expect them to make the 8. Same goes for us.

Essendon should be big improvers, finished the season 10-4 and won't have the same wretched start again. Probably an easier fixture and the proposed rule changes will suit their open style. 4-6 I think along with Adelaide.

Difficult to call other than that. Gut feeling Port will finish top 4 and Dogs to rebound, but both could just as easily stumble again.

If this season has ever shown you cant do a ladder predictor without seeing the fixture. It holds so much weight, look hawks finish top 4 this year and they will cop a hard draw next year. Theyre stuffed. A lot other teams in the 8 in the same boat.

On the flipsdie teams like crows will cop an easy draw and smash it in. They should get back to top 4 - again, depending on the fixture gods of the afl.
This myth of a Hawthorn easy draw keeps getting perpetuated.

Prior to the season kicking off Hawthorn were to double up against Geelong, Essendon and St Kilda(three sides most saw playing finals), and as a consequence Hawthorn’s draw for a 12th placed side was seen as harder than others who finished in the top 6.

St Kilda s**t the bed, Hawthorn improve and defeat both Geelong and Essendon twice and all of a sudden every man and his dog are saying Hawthorn’s draw was easy.

And why don’t you wait to see what list changes happen before writing off teams.

This myth of a Hawthorn easy draw keeps getting perpetuated.

Prior to the season kicking off Hawthorn were to double up against Geelong, Essendon and St Kilda(three sides most saw playing finals), and as a consequence Hawthorn’s draw for a 12th placed side was seen as harder than others who finished in the top 6.

St Kilda s**t the bed, Hawthorn improve and defeat both Geelong and Essendon twice and all of a sudden every man and his dog are saying Hawthorn’s draw was easy.

And why don’t you wait to see what list changes happen before writing off teams.

It doesn't matter if where people thought they'd finish. It only matters how they performed in 2018.

Double ups against Essendon, Geelong, Brisbane, St. Kilda and Sydney. Playing one off games against West Coast, Port and Adelaide at home, while only getting GWS away. only 4 interstate trips (obviously not counting Tasmania.)

Every man and his dog are saying Hawthorn had an easy draw, because Hawthorn had an easy draw.
Did they leverage that draw in order to finish where they did? Up for debate. Did they have an easy draw? Yes, obviously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back