2018 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm worried about a Judd repeat this season. Could see Dangerfield or Martin walking away with a second medal despite not entirely deserving it.
Mitchell, Gawn, Cripps, Grundy the only 4 i'm super content with winning it.

I think both Danger and Martin are going to poll surprisingly high this year

I do not understand why Tom Mitchell is so short in the odds. To be that short in the odds means he would win by a good 7-8 votes however I havent even seen a phantom Brownlow medal where he comes out on top.

Something doesnt add up to me.

Gawn is maybe the most overrated player ever. Show a 'personality' that isn't banal and his stakes go up. Just because you say things that are funny-ish doesn't mean they're actually funny.

he's a corporate drone for brands that attempt to capture the 20-35 yr old straight white male market. another victory for the green kathmandu jacket, college tee conglomerate that threaten to destroy football.

I do not understand why Tom Mitchell is so short in the odds. To be that short in the odds means he would win by a good 7-8 votes however I havent even seen a phantom Brownlow medal where he comes out on top.

Something doesnt add up to me.
I looked up phantom Brownlow medal and of the 4 i saw Tom Mitchell cake out on top in 3 of them

Gawn is maybe the most overrated player ever. Show a 'personality' that isn't banal and his stakes go up. Just because you say things that are funny-ish doesn't mean they're actually funny.
Not sure I get your point.

Are you saying he is a good player with an overrated personality?

Or are you saying his lack of banality disqualifies him from being a good player?

Not sure I get your point.

Are you saying he is a good player with an overrated personality?

Or are you saying his lack of banality disqualifies him from being a good player?
Okay player who is talked about due to his personality.

But his personality really isn't that interesting or funny.

Give it a few years and people will be sick of him in the same way they realised Danger ain't that funny and Bob is a knob.

Elliot Yeo should poll fairly well. He won't win it, but should get in excess of 15 votes.

I think it might be because he's the best ruck since Cox and has broken a bunch of statistical records, but right-o.

MAX GAWN

* Coaches voted him the player of the season
* Coaches voted him the most valuable player in the league
* Players voted him 3rd in the league MVP
* He was top 5 in almost every media award
* All Australian 2 of the last 3 years
* Broke the record for most hit-outs in a season ever
* Has the best % of hit outs to advantage in the league
* 2nd in the league for contested marks (only behind McGovern)
* Funnily enough he was 12th in the league for score involvements

If you think Gawn is an ok player then you must only judge maybe 3 or 4 players are better than ok in the league. Either that, or you have absolutely no clue about football. I might go with the later

Last edited:
Less than a week now. Great night and a great time of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MAX GAWN

* Coaches voted him the player of the season
* Coaches voted him the most valuable player in the league
* Players voted him 3rd in the league MVP
* He was top 5 in almost every media award
* All Australian 2 of the last 3 years
* Broke the record for most hit-outs in a season ever
* Has the best % of hit outs to advantage in the league
* 2nd in the league for contested marks (only behind McGovern)
* Funnily enough he was 12th in the league for score involvements

If you think Gawn is an ok player then you must only judge maybe 3 or 4 players are better than ok in the league. Either that, or you have absolutely no clue about football. I might go with the later
Boom!

Nah he's not overrated.

I like his name, so when he gets pinged for holding the ball I can yell out his name.

Mitchell's got it hasn't he?

Yeo, Shuey and Gaff for WCE will go well.

Gawn and Oliver for the Dees

Tim Kelly for the Catters will do ok and Danger obviously will.

may as well sticky thanks mods.

Yeo as a dark horse I think. Gawn has a big chance to win, starting to feel him, but Mitchell had that many disposals and the Hawkers won lots of games so he'll be hard to top.

My Predictions:
10) Luke Parker
09) Lachie Neale
08) Jack Macrae
07) Elliot Yeo
06) Shaun Higgins
05) Patrick Cripps
04) Clayton Oliver
03) Tom Mitchell
02) Martin
01) Dangerfield

Surprised that no one is mentioning Sidearse. He wont win it but is paying $7.50 to finish in the top 5 and I reckon he will sneak in from 3-5 his stats are ridiculous this year.

Surprised that no one is mentioning Sidearse. He wont win it but is paying $7.50 to finish in the top 5 and I reckon he will sneak in from 3-5 his stats are ridiculous this year.

He's a real chance at a top five finish. Grundy is heavily favoured from the Pies, but we all know ruckmen don't poll and Sidebottom had a stellar year.

The bookies seem pretty locked in to a Mitchell/Martin/Gawn/Cripps top 4, but Sidebottom could take fifth or edge out Cripps.

As an aside- $7.50 is great odds as Sportsbet has him at $5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back