EPL [Premier] League Dreamteam - 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Crucial week next week for me if I want to stay in the hunt

The leader extended the margin another 23 points on me, now 58 behind but I'm up a spot to 4th now at least (was 5th after my diabolical 88 last week). The leader is very Liverpool heavy though yet I have a mix of players from all the big clubs though I'm a little Chelsea and Tottenham heavy with 3 + 4 respectively from each.

The leaders PODs in Arnautovic and Fraser going mega last week and sticking fat with Bernardo Silva this week plus good cleansheet points helped him score above average this week. Saturday's games killed my scoring potential here with De Gea, Holebas and Trippier all conceding second half goals plus also the extra -4 I copped on Holebas and Trippier yellow cards.

I can double upgrade Moura and Holebas to Zaha and Robertson at least with just chump change remaining. Zaha and Robertson are definitely in my long-term planning as I think they'll be top players in their respective positions, just are they worth it right now with tricky upcoming fixtures immediately for Liverpool, while Palace are ok for 3 more weeks then their late October/November period is tough with 4 big 6 teams all in a row, plus I'll have bugger all cash cows now if I do said move with only Begovic off a -2 as my backup keeper and losing cash, lol, Rose and Nampalys Mendy left here for potential generation.

Might look at some cash cows though, seen Gundogan scored 26 and will rise, but he's 7m already :think:

So if I do this Robertson Moura trade

De Gea, Begovic

Robertson, Azpilicueta, Trippier, B Mendy, Rose

Hazard, Zaha, Pedro, Ozil, N Mendy

Aguero, Kane, Salah

Pros

Will only trade for long-term injuries or form issues for 2-4 weeks as Rose is my only cash cow option here, but he could end up being a long-term hold

Decent starting 11, flexibility to change from 4-3-3/3-4-3 easily depending on injuries/selection

Cons

Lack of cash cows, Rose is the only one who will be on the rise. N Mendy and Begovic are nearly rock bottom and will be long-term burns, need a few Leicester cleansheets so Mendy can rise to 5-6m so I can turn him into a much better cash cow. Ozil and Zaha might only be midpricers on good runs, so they may need to be traded sometime too if they don't keep their scoring up (Sterling is the dream here, but he's like 14m now)

B Mendy and Pedro injuries, they're both short term apparently, but one of them, if not both, needs to return for the next round needs so I can have N Mendy as coverage, like he was this week

:think::think::think:

I'll probably look at trading Holebas to a mid price defender like Bellerin or Alderweireld which would give me enough cash to upgrade Richarlison to Kane.
Richarlison will lose cash for one more week then he'll either plateau or go up again, you held him for this long so I'd be trying to make money from him. Kane will hold in price or have a slight fall next weekend, Mitrovic's goals will dry up sooner rather than later when Fulham's draw gets harder, I reckon Mitrovic easily becomes Kane in a week or two as their values are similar but I feel your defence and midfield are in larger need of fixing up first.

Moura will plummet in price now as he doesn't seem to hold his value well like what Eriksen for example does. I'd play the value game here and move him on before he's 7-8m and losing his spot to Lamela, Son or Alli, he's done the job for us, but he'll be an inconsistent scorer and inconsistent starter from now on I feel, like what Mahrez/Silva/Sane are at City imo.

You've got a few midpricers around already, particularly in defence, I reckon upgrading Holebas to a best available season long keep defender is the best way of going about it seeing you have 4 cash cow defenders already.

Aaron Lennon scored 27 on the weekend and has Cardiff and Huddersfield the next two weeks, he seems to be the cash cow of the week at 5.7m. The 27 + 2 soft fixtures should see him rise to about 8.5m after Huddersfield, if not a lot more, potentially 10m, then upgrade him to best mid available and you'll already have a fair bit of surplus cash as Moura to Lennon will make you about 4.5m.

Van Aanholt and Doherty are going ok, but I'd also keep an eye on them, Bellerin may indeed be an ok pick with Arsenals soft next 7 weeks, but I'm not sure if he can smash out the points all season long. I'm just trying to look at how you can get good value from your trades so you can hold a few up your sleeve for the second half of the season and build a bank also for when you need it.

Neves and Jorginho will need to be upgraded in due course too as I only see Eriksen and Hazard as season keeps there. Though midfield is a minefield trying to work out who becomes the top scorers in that position as only Hazard and Sterling seem to be certainties currently, leaving 3 other spots to fill.

But yeah, before trades it'd make it as still to move on

Holebas
Moura
Doherty
Rice
Neves
Jorginho
Richarlison

Then eventually Mitrovic and Van Aanholt also, but while they're scoring well against the lesser likes you hold onto

At least 10 trades there and probably closer to 15 to finish your side, then injuries will probably come into it also.

Cash cows

High end with potential limited return (7m+)
Gundogan
Ramsey
Bilva

Midprice (5-6m and potential decent cash returns)
Iheanacho
Lennon (my cash cow pick of the week)

Cheapies (sub 5m and random returns due to role or scoring potential)
Rice
Rose (better bet in this range)

Richarlison will lose cash for one more week then he'll either plateau or go up again, you held him for this long so I'd be trying to make money from him. Kane will hold in price or have a slight fall next weekend, Mitrovic's goals will dry up sooner rather than later when Fulham's draw gets harder, I reckon Mitrovic easily becomes Kane in a week or two as their values are similar but I feel your defence and midfield are in larger need of fixing up first.

Moura will plummet in price now as he doesn't seem to hold his value well like what Eriksen for example does. I'd play the value game here and move him on before he's 7-8m and losing his spot to Lamela, Son or Alli, he's done the job for us, but he'll be an inconsistent scorer and inconsistent starter from now on I feel, like what Mahrez/Silva/Sane are at City imo.

You've got a few midpricers around already, particularly in defence, I reckon upgrading Holebas to a best available season long keep defender is the best way of going about it seeing you have 4 cash cow defenders already.

Aaron Lennon scored 27 on the weekend and has Cardiff and Huddersfield the next two weeks, he seems to be the cash cow of the week at 5.7m. The 27 + 2 soft fixtures should see him rise to about 8.5m after Huddersfield, if not a lot more, potentially 10m, then upgrade him to best mid available and you'll already have a fair bit of surplus cash as Moura to Lennon will make you about 4.5m.

Van Aanholt and Doherty are going ok, but I'd also keep an eye on them, Bellerin may indeed be an ok pick with Arsenals soft next 7 weeks, but I'm not sure if he can smash out the points all season long. I'm just trying to look at how you can get good value from your trades so you can hold a few up your sleeve for the second half of the season and build a bank also for when you need it.

Neves and Jorginho will need to be upgraded in due course too as I only see Eriksen and Hazard as season keeps there. Though midfield is a minefield trying to work out who becomes the top scorers in that position as only Hazard and Sterling seem to be certainties currently, leaving 3 other spots to fill.

But yeah, before trades it'd make it as still to move on

Holebas
Moura
Doherty
Rice
Neves
Jorginho
Richarlison

Then eventually Mitrovic and Van Aanholt also, but while they're scoring well against the lesser likes you hold onto

At least 10 trades there and probably closer to 15 to finish your side, then injuries will probably come into it also.

I think it might be a better idea to get Kane in now while he's relatively cheap and I don't want to trade Mitrovic yet while he's still scoring goals and Salah is a lock so Richarlison has to be the striker to make way, he lost cash last round too so that's another reason to offload him before he drops any further.

I guess I could trade Moura to Lennon to free up the cash to get Kane but I think trading Holebas is a more urgent priority before he nosedives in value and someone like Bellerin could rise in value given Arsenal's upcoming run of matches.

I think it might be a better idea to get Kane in now while he's relatively cheap and I don't want to trade Mitrovic yet will he's still scoring goals and Salah is a lock so Richarlison has to be the striker to make way, he lost cash last round too so another reason to offload him before he drops any further.

I guess I could trade Moura to Lennon to free up the cash to get Kane but I think trading Holebas is a more urgent priority before he nosedives in value and someone like Bellerin could rise in value given Arsenal's upcoming run of matches.
Richarlison had two big games though before his red card which screwed his scoring up. He makes decent cash if he doesn't get that red card. His medium value will see him easily make cash again should he have a good game sooner rather than later again. His red card score falls out of his rolling average after the next game.

Both Moura and Holebas will nose dive more than Richarlison though if they all only score in that yuck 2-4 range (Moura lost over 1m this week for example), these two stand to lose the most imo, hence why I'm moving both on and I feel your side will be better placed if you do the same.

I just feel worst case scenario

Moura and Holebas -1.5/-2.5 mill each

Richarlison -500k/1.2m but then he won't have that red card score anymore

Kane is tempting for sure, but he'll be affordable next week also, it's the week after to work out if he falls or rises or holds ground (I feel he holds ground this week though with the 4 still affecting his rolling average, he'll have to go really big like 25-30+ to make significant money this week).

Looking around on injuries

Quite a few at Spurs this week still, both Lloris and Vorm are out, Eriksen and Alli are likely outs and Aurier in doubt with a quad (helps Trippier here). Davies has been poor lately too, so hopefully this helps Rose's job security.

Pedro may return for Chelsea, apparently he's a 75% chance with his shoulder

Apparently Mane didn't train this week for those who have him so be on the lookout there

Mendy is still likely out for a few more weeks. Pep apparently wasn't happy with him midweek for rocking up late to a rehab session. I think he'll have to be my loopholer again if needed.

VC De Gea with City at 12am again, dunno on who to captain though. Aguero or Kane I guess.

De Gea on field with a donut, Patricio 16 (pre scaled maybe) on bench. Also have Jonny with 26 on the bench, but at least Tripper assist & CS with Toby too. VC Bernardo Silva so have to go with Hazard as captain.

A few cash cows have had their run, need to look at upgrading Moura & Hojberg or Mitrovic next week, Toby & the other the week after then my team is fairly set

I went with Kane as captain and he's my highest scorer so I got that right, Eriksen out also forced me to start Doherty and he's my 2nd highest scorer.

Bloody Cech pulling a hammy hurt me though, only got a lousy 2 points rather than a clean sheet score and will need to burn another trade to replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

140 with Zaha to come

Not bad considering I had to use Leicester Mendy again with Pedro still out (9 is a decent emergency score from a bottom priced holding mid).

Hopefully I'm making up ground on the three ahead of me this week though after two rubbish weeks. Just hope De Gea doesn't hurt in this regard and that the likes of captaining Kane and then the likes of Trippier, Rose, Ozil and Zaha can be my point of difference in making up the ground. Also hope none of them have Sterling (gunna be ages before I can get him in, he just holds his value so well)

Some decent scores at the pointy end of the rankings

Fell again to 5th, but more importantly made up 13 points on the leader. Bit of a log jam in the chasing pack

1st 972
2nd 950
2 x 3rd 928
Me 927
6th 923

Could easily move back to 3rd next week if I have another solid week seeing two blokes are only a point ahead of me, maybe 2nd if everything goes right

Really need Mendy and Pedro to return from injury, haven't looked at others teams in detail that much aside from they all seem to have Ryan Fraser who's hot patch seems to have stopped. Not sure if they held Pedro and Mendy like I have done.

That week where I only got 88 is an absolute killer at the moment.

gw 7: 133pts
overall: 844th
trades left: 30

Kane(c) + Sigurdsson + Doherty = :thumbsu:
DeGea onfield with Patricio on bench = :thumbsdown:
probably won't trade this week
i think i'll drop Milner to my bench vs ManC

gw 7: 133pts
overall: 844th
trades left: 30

Kane(c) + Sigurdsson + Doherty = :thumbsu:
DeGea onfield with Patricio on bench = :thumbsdown:
probably won't trade this week
i think i'll drop Milner to my bench vs ManC
Milner maxed out a few weeks ago in price didn't he? I'd move him on now before he loses all the value he makes. Even a downgrade to someone bottom priced who may make 1-2m in the next few weeks like Anguissa or Bissouma along with whatever you bank now on Milner = a 8-9-10m bottomed out premium in a few weeks (Lennon would've been great to jump on last week instead here).

I'll probably sit on what I have too this week as Pedro coming back helps big-time, but I'm pretty happy with my team in the medium term aside from Leicester Mendy who is my only proper cash cow and might not make that much more cash, so I will need to move him on for a better cash cow in due course around the 5-6m range that likely makes no cash from that trade, then that better cash cow gets moved on for another cash cow I'd imagine then I might have 2-3-4m in the bank from that downgrade and I might be in the frame for another premium by then.

Might have to burn about 5-6 trades to get in Sterling though if Ozil and Pedro end up as keepers :( hope he falls in price by the time I've made enough cash

The early Friday night game always catches me out, thought the round started tonight, not that if has affected me since I only have Declan Rice on the bench.

My trades weren't affected either, I've dumped the injured Cech for Schmeichel since he was the cheapest of the starting keepers and gave me some much needed cash. Also traded Eriksen for Ozil, I thought Eriksen would be back this round but I can't afford to keep leaving a high priced mid on my bench so he got the boot.

Still got Mendy on my bench too, news is that he could be a possible starter against Liverpool but unless he's a confirmed starter I'll leave him on the bench.

Playing against Liverpool away he's unlikely to keep a clean sheet anyway, could be a goalfest with two top shelf attacking teams going head to head.

****** Begovic off for Martinez from Arsenal as a loopholer, he's their 3rd choice and they'll play a lot of Sunday games being in Europa League, so hopefully a safe loopholer.

Begovic is offering nothing at the moment as my back up keeper and has flown down to just above bottom price. De Gea has been poor too, but just got to back him in in the hope he and United turn things around, like maybe a month or so otherwise he'll become someone like Allison or Ederson. Martinez will likely be on the bench while Cech is injured, just gotta hope Leno stays fit in that period.

Would've liked Rob Green from Chelsea instead as I think their keepers are fit and he's more unlikely to start games than Martinez, but he's 3.9m rather than 3.5 like Martinez.

What a surprise to wake up to see harry kane goalless with a yellow card when i make him captain. Just incredible. Same story every week. Can’t wait to watch aguero now score two against Liverpool as my vc.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Grab Martinez from Arsenal next round as your back up keeper

Plenty of Sunday matches for Arsenal all season and loophole opportunities most weeks with Martinez as he's their third choice keeper

This move is like a ruck three loophole in DT/SC

Then you won't have to whinge about stuffing up your VC/C every week

I only had the VC on Kane this week as I thought he might be fatigued from CL on Wednesday and only a three day breather, but if he smashed the goals in Martinez would've been waiting there for me.

Captain Hazard tomorrow morning now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back