2018 Brownlow thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to "the maggoos" on SEN radio on Sunday (very funny lads and can recommend)
They've insisted that those who have twitter accounts follow Dane Swan throughout the brownlow count. Apparently he was on fire last year and will be giving his comments throughout the night and after each round.
I never read his comments last year so I have clue if it's worth it or not.

posting from my mobile.

No North player to poll more than 15 votes. Of our 12 wins, we'll get the 3 votes in no more than 9 of them. Of the 10 losses we won't get more than 8-10 votes in those. Bottom six in total club votes.

Lock it in. I've seen this before. I know how it works.

Brownlow has no credibility.

Leigh Matthews trophy while still flawed has more.

The Brownlow like most of the things in footy is being strangled and contrived for ratings.

I heard today on Radio National, that the umpires are allowed to look at the game stats before they put in their votes.

If this is the case, then it absolutely destroys the idea of it being the umpires call from the game they saw and controlled.

Remove that from the voting, and I reckon you would see a different type of result in many of the games.

Look at Cotchin for the classic, 'got a ton of possessions, but did nothing with it'.

Coaches votes a better representation of actual player influence in a game ?

Definitely so IMO. I love how you'll see a coach give 5 to their ruckman, or to a tagger or a forward tasked with a defensive or decoy role. Much easier to take seriously an award that vaguely coincides with the value actual functioning teams put on players and the roles they play.

Coaches votes a better representation of actual player influence in a game ?
I rate it higher than the Brownlow too.

However it is also flawed. Not all head coaches give out the coaches votes.

It allows for bias.

Again better than the Brownlow and significantly less media driven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No North player to poll more than 15 votes. Of our 12 wins, we'll get the 3 votes in no more than 9 of them. Of the 10 losses we won't get more than 8-10 votes in those. Bottom six in total club votes.

Lock it in. I've seen this before in premiership years let alone when we don't even make the finals. I know how it works.

Efa.

Out of the 132 possible votes we can receive, I would suggest we don't even get 60.

Higgins will get 15-20 and Cunnington will get 10-15. Can't see anyone else getting over 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back