Darkhour

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2001
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Aussies in the NBA!
He has played 8 games some with Goldstein. Seriously. Pruess probably doesn't have a no kick no mark 5 handball 32 hit out game either. In 8 games only he does have a game with 16 possessions 9 marks 2 goals and 32 hit outs. And Goldstein that game as well. Anyway no idea why you mentioned possessions because you have told us its not about that for rucks.

Yeah, but Max has transformed himself, dropped kgs, and has lost nothing in ruck ability from doing so, and improved his running.

If Billy drops kgs, he loses some of his strength in the ruck contest, as leaping is not his go, and he probably doesn't stand to gain what Max has around the ground, cause he is s**t at it (technical ruck/marking term), and probably always continues to be s**t at it.

I just don't think Billy has a football brain. He can't even stand on the mark properly, and he gets plenty of chances to do it.

This. Remember when Tom Ledger got delisted and there was huge melts, people screaming that he'd get picked up and make us pay bigtime

Last heard playing for Claremont reserves.

We overrate our own massively sometimes. If Longer is our best ruck option then we have the worst starting ruckman in the comp. He is Trent Knobel 2.0
Give it a break already.. you can even argue we are too harsh on players too.. people need to stop riding their bias.

Give me a Grundy or Gawn anyday, but they don't grow on trees. Give Longer another year in the ones (or pierce, whoevers playing better).. he's a good tap and for a ruckman his deficit isnt as bad as hickeys.

He's no Tim Elliot.. now he was an embarrassment to afl footballers...gumby.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Give it a break already.. you can even argue we are too harsh on players too.. people need to stop riding their bias.

Give me a Grundy or Gawn anyday, but they don't grow on trees. Give Longer another year in the ones (or pierce, whoevers playing better).. he's a good tap and for a ruckman his deficit isnt as bad as hickeys.

He's no Tim Elliot.. now he was an embarrassment to afl footballers...gumby.[/QUOTE

Bias? Where is the bias by the statements you quoted? And real nice calling a player an embarrassment to afl footy

By the way you better ring wce and give them the information about hickey. Strange they want our worst ruck. Yes maybe there is bias. By you

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
The AFL made a rod for their own backs with Essendon they paid compo outside the cap now raid everyone with the money saved. Got punished with pick one and no salary cap. Well done Gil.
It’s worse than that although giving Essendon a boost was madness, what went on there is really just business as usual for a totally dysfunctional AFL.

I fear for the saints being at the mercy of such a bunch of fools.

Aussieviking1

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2017
Frankghanastan
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's called depth and improving the bottom 6.

They play on merit.

If you want to play finals and win a flag you need 30 players that are AFL standard and ready to go.
100% agree. We need to not only get some talent but we need to strengthen the bottom half of our list. Libba is backup if needed and grunt to get ball to outside runners.
Imagine Steven, Ross and a Gaff/Shiel licking their lips knowing that there is Hanna, Libba and/or Steele inside. I would love him to join us. Sick of being smashed inside. Time to get some back.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
It’s worse than that although giving Essendon a boost was madness, what went on there is really just business as usual for a totally dysfunctional AFL.

I fear for the saints being at the mercy of such a bunch of fools.

As opposed to what our club does. Time to stop looking for excuses. Where we are has nothing to do with how the afl is run Maybe we need to get our trading right and our coaching appointments right before we blame others

Bias? Where is the bias by the statements you quoted? And real nice calling a player an embarrassment to afl footy

By the way you better ring wce and give them the information about hickey. Strange they want our worst ruck. Yes maybe there is bias. By you
He was an embarrassment, what was it you put up yesterday about a young girl

Last edited:

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
It looks like hickey will go and nobody seems impressed by what’s left, fair enough.

I really like the big Victorian kid Darcy playing at Freo, he’s only about 20 but he has shown plenty against good ruckman like Grundy. Get him before his stocks rocket up, lugging around excess weight as well.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
All I know is wb won 3 years ago and sides finishing 13th have made the last 3 gf. How about we control the things we can instead of worrying about things we cant
It’s our job to do the best we can, and yes we have at times been our own worst enemies.

Having said that it’s hardly a level playing field, the AFL does as it pleases.

malevu

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Animal Enclosure
AFL Club
St Kilda
It’s obvious how much upside Longer has by the amount of clubs falling over themselves to pinch him from us, especially now that’s he’s out of contract?!

The good old ‘one more good preseason and make or break year for Longer’ is the last thing we need to hear. Just give up and delist the potato.

Certain he would not be picked up by any other club. Meanwhile Hickey is likely heading to this years Grand Finalists, who have a great record in recruiting/trading & development. Haha jokes on them I guess?!?
But yeah, make or break year for Longer coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some sense at last.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
100% agree. We need to not only get some talent but we need to strengthen the bottom half of our list. Libba is backup if needed and grunt to get ball to outside runners.
Imagine Steven, Ross and a Gaff/Shiel licking their lips knowing that there is Hanna, Libba and/or Steele inside. I would love him to join us. Sick of being smashed inside. Time to get some back.
We get Hannebery , Shiel and Libba and they all play the best football , we will improve greatly.

malevu

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Animal Enclosure
AFL Club
St Kilda
Any possibility that we might be half a chance for a decent player not headed for the knackery ?Hannebery and Liberatore. Jeez.. Haven't we learnt our lessons with Paddy and Freeman ? How about recruiting someone in their prime, preferably with two good legs and without a terminal illness for Chistssakes.

Any possibility that we might be half a chance for a decent player not headed for the knackery ?Hannebery and Liberatore. Jeez.. Haven't we learnt our lessons with Paddy and Freeman ? How about recruiting someone in their prime, preferably with two good legs and without a terminal illness for Chistssakes.

Did you notice them all lining up to come to us even after we are throwing copious amounts of cash at them?

a426ib.jpg

Darkhour

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2001
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Aussies in the NBA!

Firstly you are taking things way too personally. Secondly you are bias against Longer because you keep going on about him like you have a personal vendetta against him when. Thirdly, if you even know or watched Tim Elliot play, you would understand why. I remember one match watching him completely in the open forward of centre and someone kicked the ball to him. He dropped a sitter. Then proceeded to try and pick it up and kicked the ball in front of him running after it only for the opposition to come and take it off him. Probably more apt to say an embarrassment to the football club to have even considered giving him senior games. Either works.

But you my friend act a little too self righteous with a chip on your shoulder.

Give it a break. We all want the same thing here and that is to see our club win another premiership. Just lighten up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back