Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 10 West Coast Wonders V Gold City Royals @ The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 26 Round 10 West Coast Wonder V Gold City Royals @ The Colosseum
Wonders ladder position - 11th
Royals ladder position - 8th

563064_d4284bb76bdf4ff91457abdf2e7b2126.png
The Colosseum created by Mobbs
Wonderful graphic created by TheInjuryFactory

Last week

Gumbies FFC 11.4 (70) lost to West Coast Wonders 17.12 (114)
Gold City Royals 16.6 (102) defeated East Side Hawks 8.6 (54)

Last time they met S25 Round 14
Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 8.40.25 AM.png

Wonders - Sitting in 11th with only 3 wins for the season the Wonders have made a drastic move bringing in Swamprats stalwart Dingster as captain to try and turn the fortunes of the club around. A proud club they won’t give up and will do #whateverittakes to climb up the ladder.
Captain Dingster - The Wonders are up and about. 19 contributors to the last match thread is testimony to that. We have a good mix of experience and young guns which gelled beautifully with a big win against the Gumbies.
I've only been at the club a week but I already feel a good chemistry with my co captain Shaun Duggan and haydo, EJW, U2 and JT. Okey is up and about and young guns Cactus and Sabs have been stand outs.

As for my season, I'm looking forward to do the heavy work at CHF to let Okey and the other forwards run amok and make presence in the threads.
As for milestones I'm fortunate that Haydo and EJW in particular are across acknowledging them. Esp EJW as SD and I have discovered that his qootying prowess lies off the field. He also makes a mean latte. Would you like one?

*Last 5 games – LLWLW
*Players to watch – okeydoke7 Cactus_ U2tigers

The Royals
- Had a big win over their friends and rivals the Hawks last week which propelled them into 8th position on 3 wins, they will be looking to consolidate this week and keep their finals hopes alive as we head into the back end of the season. With some very big names on their list they are not a team to discount and the Wonders will have to bring their best game to outplay and outwit them.
The Wonders should avoid travelling in Mercedes cars and tunnels this week.
Captain 3121 premiers - The Royals picked up a couple of rookies in grumble guts and Mr Premeierships that have taken to the game quite well and are fitting in nicely.
It would be great if we could get some more out of a few of our second and third season players but that’s something Blacky, Cloud and I are working on. The Royals have upped their participation this season and are travelling rather nicely and could play finals if everything goes well from here on in.
The only thing that needs a bit of a push along would be a few more rookies, but for me I think if our season keeps going the way it is then we’re sure to grab the attention of newer players and maybe one or two old heads for next season.

I have enjoyed this season with the Royals and it’s been a delight being a part of a team that has an interest in not only being a great club to be involved with but a vested intrinsic making the SFA a better place.

*Last 5 games – LLLLW
*Players to watch – Thatsapaddlin GreyCrow Blacky

Woosh's Crystal Ball - Royals by 31

Captains please submit your teamsheets by 11.59pm Thursday

Last edited:
My grief counsellor died on the weekend. But fortunately he was so good at his job, I didn't give a s**t.
Shame, because wonders could have used his services after the reaming we are about to give them.

Season 26 Players

1. Smartys Power
2. Thatsapaddlin
3. The Old Dark Navy's
007. GreyCrow
8. Easty
10. Butler
11. MWPP
12. Ulahoopski
14a. Helfarch
14b. Sunshine Tiger
16. Igloo
17. boondy
18. Bipolarbear
21. RodneyDangerfield
22. Cloud_
26. burningdwarf
27. Bob Cobb
31. Blacky
32. Footypie32
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater
74. 3121 premiers
97. Dennis Confetti
316. Dirty Bird
?. MrPremiership
?. grumbleguts
?. Simon_Says

Gather around Royals, if you post well enough here in this thread you might become Wonder captain No.14 this season

Lets have at it.

Another win for the Wonders this week is inevitable.

Now this may be a bit harsh, but I demad the the veteran Royals, sit back and shut up. Let your rookies be the breathe of fresh air your club has so desperately been needing.

Let your rookies take it from here.

Last edited:
Season 26 Players

1. Smartys Power
2. Thatsapaddlin
3. The Old Dark Navy's
007. GreyCrow
8. Easty
10. Butler
11. MWPP
12. Ulahoopski
14a. Helfarch
14b. Sunshine Tiger
16. Igloo
17. boondy
18. Bipolarbear
21. RodneyDangerfield
22. Cloud_
26. burningdwarf
27. Bob Cobb
31. Blacky
32. Footypie32
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater
74. 3121 premiers
97. Dennis Confetti
316. Dirty Bird
?. MrPremiership
?. grumbleguts
?. Simon_Says

Gather around Royals, if you post well enough here in this thread you might become Wonder captain No.14 this season

I believe I'm number 30.

I used to captain the Royals but i won’t have a soft spot this week.

I kicked 7 goals last week so I’m back up and about. As an egotistical full forward, nothing gets me going more than a bag of goals.

Another bag of 7 will contribute to this week’s percentage booster.

I used to captain the Royals
Proof positive of how far we have come.
Lets have at it.

Another win for the Wondes this week is inevitable.

Now this may be a bit harsh, but I demad the the veteran Royals, sit back and shut up. Let your rookies be the breathe of fresh air your club has so desperately been needing.

Has your 2 months in the league led you to this conclusion?
Oh... even SFA has their own Gold Coast.
Player exodus and bereft of leadership? It does fit doesn’t it?

Apologies folks. I’ll be out of mobile range for a fair bit of the week. Hopefully you can take my brand of bitter snarky sledging for granted. Royals, just assume I would have pissed off half a dozen of your main contributors.

Good luck for the week to both sides. Except the Royals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has your 2 months in the league led you to this conclusion?

I didn't need the 2 months to realise what was so obviuos.

Gee, this will be easy.

On 2nd thoughts Royal veterans, if this is the calibre of what you rookies will bring, you may as well post away.

A shame this rookie has been Royalised already.

Proof positive of how far we have come.
The Royals were at their absolute best in seasons 18-20. You should know your club history.

Everything I touch turns to gold. So much so that your club used to be called the City Royals before I joined. I’m looking forward to continuing my awesome form and absolutely obliterating my former club this week.

The Royals were at their absolute best in seasons 18-20. You should know your club history.

Everything I touch turns to gold. So much so that your club used to be called the City Royals before I joined. I’m looking forward to continuing my awesome form and absolutely obliterating my former club this week.
Club history?

I was there and have a very different recollection of things.

Season 26 Players

1. Smartys Power
2. Thatsapaddlin
3. The Old Dark Navy's
007. GreyCrow
8. Easty
10. Butler
11. MWPP
12. Ulahoopski
14a. Helfarch
14b. Sunshine Tiger
16. Igloo
17. boondy
18. Bipolarbear
21. RodneyDangerfield
22. Cloud_
26. burningdwarf
27. Bob Cobb
31. Blacky
32. Footypie32
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater
74. 3121 premiers
97. Dennis Confetti
316. Dirty Bird
?. MrPremiership
?. grumbleguts
?. Simon_Says

Simon says 36 please

Ahhh okeydoke7 its your melting time
If you continue to miss apostrophes you might be right.
Club history?

I was there and have a very different recollection of things.
If you want to make this thread interesting then you might want to expand on this point.

A club without an identity (and with an inactive captain) welcomed 3 top posters and became a force.

I would like to hear specifics about your recollection. Your broad sweeping statement was a token effort and you’re better than that.

The Royals of Season 26 are a disappointment to those who came before.

In the 3rd post of the thread a Royals player felt the need to copy in a post which tags the entire team on the off chance some of them might actually remember to post.

Several players don’t have numbers and around 10 of them are deadwood posters who have been on the list since I was there without having posted.
Season 26 Players

1. Smartys Power
2. Thatsapaddlin
3. The Old Dark Navy's
007. GreyCrow
8. Easty
10. Butler
11. MWPP
12. Ulahoopski
14a. Helfarch
14b. Sunshine Tiger
16. Igloo
17. boondy
18. Bipolarbear
21. RodneyDangerfield
22. Cloud_
26. burningdwarf
27. Bob Cobb
31. Blacky
32. Footypie32
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater
74. 3121 premiers
97. Dennis Confetti
316. Dirty Bird
?. MrPremiership
?. grumbleguts
?. Simon_Says

If any Royals do post well it would be the first time in 8 seasons, so I would strongly consider offering them our captaincy position. If you can post well in that environment imagine what you could do with the Wonders.

Lets have at it.

Another win for the Wondes this week is inevitable.

I don’t think you’re in a position to be making demands champ, you just sit back and take the medicine that comes your way

If you continue to miss apostrophes you might be right.

If you want to make this thread interesting then you might want to expand on this point.

A club without an identity (and with an inactive captain) welcomed 3 top posters and became a force.

I would like to hear specifics about your recollection. Your broad sweeping statement was a token effort and you’re better than that.

The Royals of Season 26 are a disappointment to those who came before.

In the 3rd post of the thread a Royals player felt the need to copy in a post which tags the entire team on the off chance some of them might actually remember to post.

Several players don’t have numbers and around 10 of them are deadwood posters who have been on the list since I was there without having posted.

If any Royals do post well it would be the first time in 8 seasons, so I would strongly consider offering them our captaincy position. If you can post well in that environment imagine what you could do with the Wonders.
The Wonders even have their resident old guy yelling at clouds and talking about the good old days, how cute

Season 26 Players

1. Smartys Power
2. Thatsapaddlin
3. The Old Dark Navy's
007. GreyCrow
8. Easty
10. Butler
11. MWPP
12. Ulahoopski
14a. Helfarch
14b. Sunshine Tiger
16. Igloo
17. boondy
18. Bipolarbear
21. RodneyDangerfield
22. Cloud_
26. burningdwarf
27. Bob Cobb
31. Blacky
32. Footypie32
50. NTRabbit
51. CakeEater
74. 3121 premiers
97. Dennis Confetti
316. Dirty Bird
?. MrPremiership
?. grumbleguts
?. Simon_Says

Fold City Royals

The Wonders even have their resident old guy yelling at clouds and talking about the good old days, how cute
Yes, how dare someone have been here since Season 9 and had a long and successful career. How bloody dare they.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back