Dales14

Senior List
May 18, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
- Ins and Outs of each club
- Who's the favourites?
- General banter between clubs

Few big recruits heading to swans this summer, with the Mertz boys leaving swan hill after a ripping season from Austy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be it for the Golden Rivers
I've heard similar talk about the Golden Rivers possibly heading towards it's last Season as well. I thought this Competition had seemed to improve in standard in recent years. Obviously Wakool have folded but they we're in recess a couple of years ago the majority of the other Club's would be in a decent position to continue on wouldn't they?

I've heard similar talk about the Golden Rivers possibly heading towards it's last Season as well. I thought this Competition had seemed to improve in standard in recent years. Obviously Wakool have folded but they we're in recess a couple of years ago the majority of the other Club's would be in a decent position to continue on wouldn't they?

As an outsider I would say Quambatook, Moulamein and Macorna would be in real strife. Word has it Hay are of the belief that this will be their last year in the league.

Nullawil, Ultima and Wandella are powerhouses and Murrabit is a strong club but the rap between these clubs and the bottom is enormous

As an outsider I would say Quambatook, Moulamein and Macorna would be in real strife. Word has it Hay are of the belief that this will be their last year in the league.

Nullawil, Ultima and Wandella are powerhouses and Murrabit is a strong club but the rap between these clubs and the bottom is enormous
So are you saying those strong Clubs will go into the Central Murray? And the others just close the doors?

Who knows mate...who knows. Nully people that I know have been speaking of a good fit in the North Central. All I know is that niether the Golden Rivers and the Central Murray can afford to do nothing
Maybe alternating home games with Wychy.......

It’s crazy to think all of Wychy, Nully and Lalbert have either won premierships or played off in them this year and should be looking at mergers. Looking ten years down the track though things are only going to get harder and you would imagine if Nully went either way it would secure the club they choses long term future.
If the GR does fold things will get very interesting.
I love going out to Ultima and it’s a great club but again they should be looking at Boga imo. They would be a very good chance of getting a true 50/50 merger if they are proactive and do it soon. Tyntynder I think should be the club approaching Ultima and it would probably turn them into a powerhouse again but I can’t see it happening.
Wandella and Murrabit will be interesting. I imagine they are way to big of rivals to ever merge but if they did they could be a very strong club in the CM where’s if they try and go on their own they’ll probably battle away for ten years before they find themselves in big trouble.
I don’t know too much about Quamby but unless they have some really big financial backers I can’t see a club willing to talk to them which is sad.
Moula is just too far away to be saved. I imagine they’ll try Nyah but I’m not sure they’ll have enough to gain to even talk.
Likewise with Macorna. They are just too far away.
I don’t think we will see many mergers though, it’s more likely a few GR clubs will fold or will just come in and we will see clubs just try to out last each other and the CM quality will continue to drop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back