List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trading Hogan would be reasonable and worthwhile if we could get a relatively early first rounder to draft a gun kid and a pick to satisfy GC for May.

It’s been made very clear Fremantle only want a lop-sided trade despite us having all the leverage on the deal. Getting a first rounder to secure May and a late pick to use on the draft would be blatantly losing the trade IMO.

I would prefer to retain Hogan for 2019 and potentially miss out on May as opposed to making a charitable donation to Fremantle.

Aaron Hall can play but it is very easy to tunnel on a players strengths when they are something our team lacks.
At 28 you cannot change the lack of heart.

See Colin Sylvia

Hogan and TMac is the only forward combination that will challenge Richmond's next year. If Hogan isn't all that keen to go home, we should be doing everything we can to retain that advantage.

Um.
The premiers might argue with that.

You don't trade for trade sake

Remember last year the media and everyone fapping over Port's trade period?

It's because they were active, but didn't really work out for them did it

Targeted trades for needs > random trading because someone appears to be a bargain
North's trade period is starting to look a bit like Port's last year. It might pay off for them but I see them adding 3 inconsistent kicks and 1 good kick into a team that already isn't the most polished going around.

North's trade period is starting to look a bit like Port's last year. It might pay off for them but I see them adding 3 inconsistent kicks and 1 good kick into a team that already isn't the most polished going around.

Exactly

The same people saying we should chase Hall probably advocated for trading Tyson

I understand they're different players, but equally have deficiencies

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=13&type=A&pid1=3766&pid2=3641&fid1=C&fid2=C

Pick 68, that is all Hall cost. Am sure KK could still be brought over too.
Well he’s not playing for free, and I’d hazard a guess that he’d be getting reasonable coin, despite the late pick. I’d prefer to take Corey Wagner with said late pick, and get a player just as likely to get a game, but for half the cost

I dunno.

Hogan has made no inidcation to anyone that he even wants to leave. Freo seem to think (by the reporting on this which could obviously all be complete crap) that he's desperate to get back there so they don't have to give anything up to get him. Doesn't seem to be the case to me.

Lets just keep him and win the flag with him next year before he might go as a free agent. I still think he is a star who hasn't even hit his straps yet. Lets not forget the year he had off the field. He almost kicked 50 goals from 3/4 of a season FFS. I wouldn't be in a hurry to offload that for a defender and lottery go at some 18 year old. We'd also be trading out a forward for a back. What happens when TMac doesn't play the first 8 rounds again? We'd be a bit light on for forwards..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember last year the media and everyone fapping over Port's trade period?
Ehhh the only footy media I pay attention to is the one I'm on right now and all I remember is a whole bunch of people laying the boots in over Port's shitful trades.

Hope they lose Wingard too, would be wonderful to see it happen again.

* Port and * INXS too.

I don't have enough insight and inside info to know what that means... :straining: No caravan industry experience either...

I’m just joking around. Playing on the Paul Roos/caravan source from a few years back.

I’ll explain later. See what happens and how many people I have to yell at after 8:30pm tomorrow. Been about right so far though. I honestly thought we might see some movement late today but sounds like tomorrow is going to be hectic.

The longer we don’t sign KK alone, the more I’m worried we’re only going to get KK & May for Hogan. #melbournementality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back