List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Shiel change his mind and nominate Hawthorn as another destination he wouldnt mind ending up at given how long Dodoro is taking to get a simple deal over the line? GWS would definitely be worse off dealing with the Hawks but perhaps Shiel wouldnt mind switching clubs together with Scully who he is apparently very close to. Both are very career driven and want to be at a premiership-contending team. Would be another blow to an already deflating trade period.

Nope that’s not happening.

Rumors floating around the hawks board that ben mcevoy has an offer in front of him at a club which he is weighing up. Could that be the giants ? Would be a get .

It actually does make sense we would make a play for an established ruck, with Lobb going. Dawson is currently without a contract as well. No idea if we are though, the talk seems to be Mummy making a comeback, which McCartney's confirmed is on the cards.

Ok, my own little conspiracy theory time...

There's talk that something will come for us as a result of the Scully deal. Could we maybe play a part in the Wingard to Hawthorn trade? No idea how, just trying to think what it could be.
Would prefer an announcement of Chook, Cogs and Whitters all on long term contracts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t we all

But what’s in the works for tomorrow?

e590d7009e3ee23f5b4ec1d24c29ab3c.gif

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Devastated that Scully has left and I thought he would finish his career at the Giants and I will be honest I would rather have given up Patton first before any of the other players that are being traded out this year, I think depending on Pattons comeback he could be traded at the end of 2019 as his salary is not indicative of his output and the club has shown that with the tight salary cap there is no place for sentimentality in the game
I do wish him the best and I do hope he can get out on the park and interesting that nothing was released about the second surgery he had on his ankle
i would think he should be aiming to get back on the training park after the bye and play a few VFL game before the the end of the season and I think with him being a diligent trainer he should be able to achieve that
He will be a great loss but I think it means Tomlinson will be able to focus on wing and back up ruck with Taylor/Corr playing 2nd KPD then Flynn/Sproule the back up KPF and hopefully the club can pick up Koschitzke as a developing tall and work out a way to get a 3 first round pick

No player just picks. We will try and trade up for a better pick My guess is pick 4. Keep the faith.

I think the price for the pick 4 will be too big with the SA clubs looking to move up the ladder and the Saints have enough solid role players they need an elite talent in this draft so I can't see them trading down, although I do rate Smith I think with the players leaving and already having the elite talent what is needed is solid role players who can develop next year and then come in for 2020/21

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe a chance that TOJ stays with no media reporting interest in him, I could see him playing a utility role next year if he does stay. Wing/HF/HB although I think it would be better for his development if he was played in the one position

No player just picks. We will try and trade up for a better pick My guess is pick 4. Keep the faith.

So three best 22 players in their prime and a promising junior selected at 5 for a kid who might piss off after two years. How exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If McCartney doesnt flop and holds firm for 9 + Ess 2019 1st for Shiel + GWS 2019 2nd/3rd and maybe Lobb + GWS future 4th for 23 + 30, we could potentially make a play for 4 from the Saints.

Maybe 9 + 25 + Finlayson (2225 points + Finlayson) for 4 + 67 (2103 points). Essentially giving excess in points as well as a free player. Can grab Hateley or trade off to Adelaide/PA for more picks as well as another quality player at 25 (O'Hallaran perhaps might fit their mould). Unless they trade off a key tall (Bruce, Membrey, McCartin, Battle, etc.), cant see them grabbing another tall in the draft that isnt Max/Ben King.

We end up with 4, 14, 23, 30, 43, 47, 52, 67, 89, 107, etc. Maybe we can package 23+30 for a pick in the 16-18 range (Adel, Richmond, Coll) since Briggs might get bid on before our pick 30 anyway and we seem to have plenty of points to match for later bids.

2019 picks (in addition to our own): lost GWS 2nd/3rd rd pick, gain Essendon 1st rd pick, Carlton 2nd rd pick

Ok, my own little conspiracy theory time...

There's talk that something will come for us as a result of the Scully deal. Could we maybe play a part in the Wingard to Hawthorn trade? No idea how, just trying to think what it could be.
I was just thinking this when I read your post.

To hawks for a bag of chips.... On condition when we take Mcevoy we are paying 3rd round only

You want a mid, we need a ruck hmmmm

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love when people are "hearing" stuff that was published publicly 12 hours earlier, i.e.

HAWTHORN discussed parting with a first-round draft pick for Tom Scully before the former Giant's brown-and-gold medical examination revealed the gravity of his ankle injury.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back