List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah think he should be kept

Ideally yes. And he did okay for us. I think his relative output has been over stated a touch (not saying he’s bad!) but I think he’s expendable and for someone his age and very limited time in the system it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s after as much coin as he can get, this will most likely be his only contract.

Ideally we keep our pick next year, odds are it will be lower. If we do another Adelaide or Bulldogs we will end up giving a top 10

I’d also be interested in Hoskin-Elliots output with him in the team compared to him being out of the team

Last edited:
Can’t believe people willing to give up 2 first rd picks for Beams. People saying he was Captain, Brisbane’s best player blah blah blah. The guy is 29 years old. NO player at 29 is worth 2 first rd picks. 2 first round picks gets you a future gun player before his prime. Not Beams who will have 1 maybe 2 good seasons before the game goes passed him. I’ll be pissed tomorrow if that’s what we offer and get him. If we’re open to trading 2 first rd picks throw them at a players like Josh Kelly,Lachie Whitfield, Jermery Cameron, Steven May etc.
If we go deep into the finals again next year, none of our first will get any of those players. Going to take top five picks alone, not points.

But you do get an Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills or Darcy Moore with points.
Let’s not pretend IQ or Kelly are in the same conversation as those guys please...

Whilst I Initially I didn’t want to give next years first, if we get the 2nd round back I’d be ok with it.

People need to stop getting caught up with ‘first’ round, and consider likely pick numbers. For arguments sake, let’s say our first next year is around pick 14. And the Lions 2nd round pick us around 24. We would be getting Beams and 24 for 18 and a 10 pick downgrade next year, and still get IQ (regarded as end of first/start of second), and Kelly (mid second).

Take the pissing contest out, both clubs win there. One might do slightly better than the other, but the whole point of a good negotiation is a bennificial outcome to both parties. Not who ‘wins’ the trade. Both clubs get a good outcome, that’s what matters.

Here we go. First round picks, first round picks, first round picks blah blah blah

Pick 18 is barely a first round pick. Next years most likely will barely be first round.

These aren’t top 10 picks we’re talking.
This years isn’t top 10. Do you think Adelaide expected to end up with pick 8 this year?

Whilst I Initially I didn’t want to give next years first, if we get the 2nd round back I’d be ok with it.

People need to stop getting caught up with ‘first’ round, and consider likely pick numbers. For arguments sake, let’s say our first next year is around pick 14. And the Lions 2nd round pick us around 24. We would be getting Beams and 24 for 18 and a 10 pick downgrade next year, and still get IQ (regarded as end of first/start of second), and Kelly (mid second).

Take the pissing contest out, both clubs win there. One might do slightly better than the other, but the whole point of a good negotiation is a bennificial outcome to both parties. Not who ‘wins’ the trade. Both clubs get a good outcome, that’s what matters.
Don’t undersell Brisbane, they will be a very good football side next year. Regardless of the Beams situation

Brisbane are spot on in asking what they are asking.

No need to rip in to them. He is contracted and to get a contacted player that captained the club for half of this season you will have to over pay.

Just because we aren't getting him for what we want doesn't mean Brisbane are doing anything wrong.

The most and fairest trade for Beams would be a first rounder and future first rounder for Beams and second round or third round pick.

It's almost just about spot on that.

I agree and when your opportunity for a Premiership is opening you take the short term view like we did with Jolly and Ball at the end of 2009.

I mean you spend years in the wilderness, missing finals and rebuilding your list in the hope you find yourself in the exact position we are now in so we must maximise our chances of a Premiership if presented.

Besides with Quaynor possibly attracting a first round bid, Kelly a probable 2nd and two young Irish players signing on it's not like we've taken both our eyes off our future prospects anyway.

The reality is Beams was taken in the same draft as Sidebottom and both are A grade talents.

People need to ask themselves would they be happy accepting pick 18 (not all 1st rounders are equal) and a future 2nd for Steele right about now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's crazy that Ned has only been on Trade Radio for 2 or 3 sentences last Monday, and otherwise we haven't heard him talk. I'm actually genuinely curious as to how he presents himself! Maybe he just sits at the trade table and stares at the other team to see who blinks first? Literally?

It's crazy that Ned has only been on Trade Radio for 2 or 3 sentences last Monday, and otherwise we haven't heard him talk. I'm actually genuinely curious as to how he presents himself! Maybe he just sits at the trade table and stares at the other team to see who blinks first? Literally?
He must hate the media, considering he jumped a fence to avoid them.

The whole club has been told to not say a word.
No trade updates or rumours.
Nothing.

Actually pretty good.

It's Brisbsne that need this trade done asap. Beams wants out. They've promised Neale. They need 18.

So why the f@#k are we the ones seemingly over the barrel?

This was the perfect opportunity to stand our ground and see who blinks first.

Ned guy could set up a banana lounge and drink cocktails waiting for Brisbane to cave in to 2018 1st and 2019 2nd ( with late picks coming back)

Instead it sounds like we're going to be 'charitable' ...again.

Collingwood- trade bunnies.

Getting Beams would go a long way towards making sure next year’s first is still in the teens.
I’m sure Adelaide thought the same when they got Gibbs...

It's Brisbsne that need this trade done asap. Beams wants out. They've promised Neale. They need 18.

So why the f@#k are we the ones seemingly over the barrel?

This was the perfect opportunity to stand our ground and see who blinks first.

Ned guy could set up a banana lounge and drink cocktails waiting for Brisbane to cave in to 2018 1st and 2019 2nd ( with late picks coming back)

Instead it sounds like we're going to be 'charitable' ...again.

Collingwood- trade bunnies.
On this, how many team’s pillows do we need to fluff?

The Hawks are clinical with how they go about it. Most of the players they seal the deal come in cheap as chips. Then there’s us who s**t the bed on Sam Murray types (disregarding the ultimate relative favourability by our unexpectedly high finishing position this year)

^ I agree.

We aren’t in a position where we need to sell the farm for a 29yo midfielder. We don’t need more midfielders, and we don’t need more 29yo. So why overpay?

It’s like we’re trying to appease the masses after Richmond got Lynch for nothing but cap, that we can have a shiny toy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back