PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

some help please

bought a 2nd PS4 for work (on a ship), going away for 9 months overseas with no real wifi/internet connection

I want to use my primary ps4 in my sickbay with all my ps+ and games and have the 2nd new one my onboard my ship for the rest of the boys to be able to play games and use as a media player using my account in our mess/recreation space

i did the change over transferred all the files and games , picked my first ps4 as the primary account everything was going perfect at home. when i took it to my ship it wouldn't work and kept wanting to link to the net (which i cant)

i now have them both at home with full wifi, i have about 2 weeks to try and sort this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated?

some help please

bought a 2nd PS4 for work (on a ship), going away for 9 months overseas with no real wifi/internet contention

I want to use my primary ps4 in my sickbay with all my ps+ and games and have the 2nd new one my onboard my ship for the rest of the boys to be able to play games and use as a media player using my account in our mess/recreation space

i did the change over transferred all the files and games , picked my first ps4 as the primary account everything was going perfect at home. when i took it to my ship it wouldn't work and kept wanting to link to the net (which i cant)

i now have them both at home with full wifi, i have about 2 weeks to try and sort this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated?

I don't have a solution but I recall when I was without net for ages it wouldn't let me play the games I downloaded. Presumed because it couldn't recognise I was a ps+ member without net.

I don't have a solution but I recall when I was without net for ages it wouldn't let me play the games I downloaded. Presumed because it couldn't recognise I was a ps+ member without net.

ok too easy, maybe it not achievable.thanks though

strange though ive never had problems taking my original ps4 on the ship and playing offline games at all

ok too easy, maybe it not achievable.thanks though

strange though ive never had problems taking my original ps4 on the ship and playing offline games at all
Maybe having the second one triggers something so might be blocked?

Maybe having the second one triggers something so might be blocked?

i think you might be right

im going to restore to factory settings try and do it again, activate old one as primary , turn them both off line together at home and have a see if that makes a difference (doubtful)

otherwise i will just start a new account on the new one and use discs only

pity

Thank ****

Now I don't have to listen to Picko Jr bugging me to set up a new account every six months when he gets bored or outgrows his username
Now you can just pay 10 bucks or whatever it is every time :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank ****

Now I don't have to listen to Picko Jr bugging me to set up a new account every six months when he gets bored or outgrows his username

I expect him to go with pants*nameredacted*.

Don't get too excited.

This feature is compatible with PS4 games originally published after 1st April 2018, and a large majority of the most played PS4 games that were released before this date. However, please note not all games and applications for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems are guaranteed to support the online ID change, and users may occasionally encounter issues or errors in certain games.

If for any reason you experience issues after changing your ID, you can revert back to your original ID for free at any time (you will only be able to revert once during the preview program). Reverting back to an old ID will resolve most issues caused by the ID change.

With Red Dead coming out and it's 105GB size, my measly 500GB hard drive is not going to cope. Anybody know any decent portable hard drives that are PS4 compatible under $100?

With Red Dead coming out and it's 105GB size, my measly 500GB hard drive is not going to cope. Anybody know any decent portable hard drives that are PS4 compatible under $100?
No special compatibility required, as long as it's a USB drive.

I'd recommend keeping the games you play regularly on the internal HD and transferring others to the external.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

No special compatibility required, as long as it's a USB drive.

I'd recommend keeping the games you play regularly on the internal HD and transferring others to the external.

Oh perfect! Thanks for that . Was looking at this one yesterday so might give it a crack.

Any specific reason why you recommend that? Just a convenience thing?

IMG_1965.JPG

Oh perfect! Thanks for that . Was looking at this one yesterday so might give it a crack.

Any specific reason why you recommend that? Just a convenience thing?

View attachment 574911
That should do the trick.

Should be quicker access to the data on internal drive than via external USB is all.

Once you have the external drive set up its easy to transfer between the two.

That should do the trick.

Should be quicker access to the data on internal drive than via external USB is all.

Once you have the external drive set up its easy to transfer between the two.

Perfect! Can you install the games on the hard drive but keep the save files on the internal?

Sorry for the 99 questions haha thats the last one i promise :) Appreciate your help

Perfect! Can you install the games on the hard drive but keep the save files on the internal?

Sorry for the 99 questions haha thats the last one i promise :) Appreciate your help
I think so. I'd have to google it lol

Yes.

Save data is in it's own separate section.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back