Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clubs don't agree to be reamed

Well, except us...
Gold Coast also.

Off the top of my head:
That pick swap with West Coast from last year for instance.
And Pick 2 for Lachie Weller.

Tom Morris saying Roughy to Pies will get done later today as both the Pies and Dogs have bigger fish to fry first...
I ain't getting my hopes up today...

As a Tottenham fan on transfer deadline day, I've seen it all before, rumours flying about, nothing gets done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will have pick 5. Good for us with Bailey smith.
Shouldn't change much for us. In all likelihood that was the pick otherwise going from Brisbane to Freo for Neale, so the end result is that Port get 5 and Freo get 6 rather than the other way around.

Freo won't be happy with Brisbane downgrading that pick but that's good karma for their tank job in Geelong.

Shouldn't change much for us. In all likelihood that was the pick otherwise going from Brisbane to Freo for Neale, so the end result is that Port get 5 and Freo get 6 rather than the other way around.

Freo won't be happy with Brisbane downgrading that pick but that's good karma for their tank job in Geelong.
Why would Freo care if that picks going for Hogan?

True - so Brisbane eventually ream Gold Coast with the long con! The Suns can't take a trick this trade period.

Point still stands that it doesn't affect us.

Can see the pick 35 that Brisbane ended up with coming our way for Adams though.

What do we do with that pick? Take it to the draft?

Package up and try get a player?

I wouldn't move Adams just yet if it means just pick 35

I swear to god, people will complain about anything. If we landed Beams, May, Shiel and Kelly, and gave up only 3rd and 4th round picks, people would complain that we're paying them too much and that we didn't get Gawn.

We might not have done much, but we haven't done much wrong either. And as Essendon showed last year, winning the trade period doesn't mean much.

Look at who West Coast and Collingwood brought in last year, practically nobody. Didn't seem to hurt them much.

I would ask Bris for 32 and 35.

If no one blinks we lose nothing and keep Adams.

32 and 35 would be good points for West.

And do we take pick 25 to the draft?

I am thinking pick 7, West and Khamis may be enough from the draft.

Any surplus picks they may be wanting to package for a player

What do we do with that pick? Take it to the draft?

Package up and try get a player?

I wouldn't move Adams just yet if it means just pick 35
Package it with pick 27 for a higher pick before the West bid comes in?
I would ask Bris for 32 and 35.

If no one blinks we lose nothing and keep Adams.

32 and 35 would be good points for West.
Can't see the Lions doing that deal - we'd at least need to send them pick 45 back as part of that I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back