List Mgmt. 2018 Draft/Trade/FA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hawks list boss let slip yesterday on trade radio the Giants were up to something big could this be it ?

Sounds like Giants want pick 1

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Listening to Hall speak on trade radio this morning it was great to hear him say the young blocks have taken control of the team. Maybe he used the word 'ownership' but the reference seemed to be the team is building from youth up again. Suns are my second team i hope you guys get some stars in the draft and turn it around in the next 3 to 3 years.
For as much as Clayton ****ed up initally and how bad our original draft build was, from 2014 onwards he made some very astute decisions and great selections, especially in regards to committed, leader type players.

Wright, Miller, Fiorini, Bowes, Ah Chee, Ainsworth, Brodie, Ballard all leading from the front in that regard and they’re the future. Just need to get some senior bodies in around them which we seem to be doing this trade period

Last edited:

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
For as much as Clayton ****** up initally and our how bad our original draft build was, from 2014 onwards he made some very astute decisions and great selections, especially in regards to committed, leader type players.

Wright, Miller, Fiorini, Bowes, Ah Chee, Ainsworth, Brodie, Ballard all leading from the front in that regard and they’re the future. Just need to get some senior bodies in around them which we seem to be doing this trade period
Why just few ? Imagine he get it right more.

Out of 44 players is it that hard to get 5-6 players that had leadership .

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Trade radio reporting Brisbane are about to trade Sam Mayes to port and a swap of pick 5 and 6 with other picks involved.

Freo and Suns will not be happy about this

rusted on

Rookie
Jun 16, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Possibly part of May won’t be offered for May
Trade radio reporting Brisbane are about to trade Sam Mayes to port and a swap of pick 5 and 6 with other picks involved.

Freo and Suns will not be happy about this
freo and melb won’t care as they are passing on. We on the other hand go down to 6 and are expected to just take it. Hope Adelaide trade up to 4 so Port still don’t get a sa player.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
freo and melb won’t care as they are passing on. We on the other hand go down to 6 and are expected to just take it. Hope Adelaide trade up to 4 so Port still don’t get a sa player.
Port can’t keep their SA players anyway.
I’m confident of grabbing them in 2 years.....

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Need to somehow get pick 4. Send May, 18, couple 2nds for pick 4. Take 2,3,4 into the draft.

Im not sending may 18 24 to the saints for pick 4

Mays worth 4-5 himself.

May is worth pick 2-3 next year

If someone wants May they can pay for him!

rusted on

Rookie
Jun 16, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I guess we will know who suns want to draft by end of day. If we roll over and take 6 we may not have wanted the last SA kid anyway and want smith (assuming saints take king), however if we try to broker a trade for 4 rankine/rozee it is.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I gave up getting Rankine but instead getting Hately . Hately got leadership quality . Bring Adelaide and St Kilda into this .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back