Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty devastated he is out for the season, one of the best players on our list in my opinion.

He was unreal this season when he played. I was very impressed with him and did expect a bit from him anyway. Its great that we've covered his loss too. He'd be straight back in next year I reckon.

Yep, and the contract extension would be a major relief for him, considering he's currently dealing with his knee issue.

The future!

The only downside for him being at North is that if he was a Sydney player we would've seen goalposts permanently replaced by foam rollers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the way this bloke goes about it. Hope he plays a full season

Wonder how it will be managed.....Can see him getting the gig over Clarke but hard descisions to be made if we get Newman

Love the way this bloke goes about it. Hope he plays a full season

Wonder how it will be managed.....Can see him getting the gig over Clarke but hard descisions to be made if we get Newman
Don't think there will be an issue even if we get Newman and/or Finlayson tbh. Ed's comfortably in our best back 6. If he's fit, he plays.

2nd picked defender behind taz before he was injured, imo. Locks down, rebounds and intercepts consistently.
Yep. When you watch him play it's genuinely staggering when you think of the fact that he's only played 14 games. As big a talent as any young player on our list imo, just not as flashy or as exciting in a traditional sense as the likes of Ahern, Jy or LDU.

Who will not get picked then? hard to beleive Brad will drop JMac

Daw-Tarrant-Williams
EVW-Thompson-Newman

JMac
Finlayson

We going to carry them on the bench? or will EVW replace Daw? Can't see either of these happening.

Genuinly exciting to have this competition for spots though.

I expect EVW will be a new man next season after we land The Other Scott under F/S. He’ll finally be able to converse with someone who understands and responds to his vocabulary in kind rather than stares blankly with mouth agape.

******* ripped.
EVW with a more physical presence is a fantastic prospect. His football nous and calmness are already elite, his ability to bully forwards within the rules will explode.

Amazingly high expectations on this guy if he can stay healthy as he has some of the rarest non-physical attributes around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back