List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I can tune out for the Day.

but Why simple trade take to last hour or so?

Shows the Mega Deal is Holding everything up.

Guess be no trades be done until This evening/Night

I just don't understand how teams trade.

The Roughead deal is simple. It's just a late pick. I have no idea why we can't just get it done, signed off and then move on as opposed to having to rush to do it at the end.

Hawthorn gets all their small deals done quickly. Scully and Scrimshaw just got done. No need to wait for Wingard of the other dominos to fall.

My opinion is to get your deals done quickly, so you have more time to address other list areas.

Perhaps teams aren't as concerned about pick swaps this year as there is live trading....but I'd still think you want to leave yourself a few hours at the end to see if any last minute options are available.

Anywho....
Trade week really is a bit of a joke.
This "it will all come down to the last minutes" stuff, really? why?
I know some are saying it is for the TV broadcast but it happens every year.
If they don't cut it down to 3 days next year then I'm done...

Anywho....
Trade week really is a bit of a joke.
This "it will all come down to the last minutes" stuff, really? why?
I know some are saying it is for the TV broadcast but it happens every year.
If they don't cut it down to 3 days next year then I'm done...

As far as I’m concerned make it one day.

Dave, I think you have hit 200

200 what, you say?

200 times you have complained about a trade not getting done

Do you think you have it covered by now?
Do you think that by mentioning it 200 times, it will speed things up?

Imagine how excited you'll be when we end up with pick 2 at the draft.

I'm thinking about buying a car today.
I know exactly which make and model I want, but instead of going to the dealer in the afternoon I've decided to wait till they are just about to close up for the day then I'm going to quickly rush in and do the deal.
Makes sense. I'm going to pay the same price get the same car but I'm going to leave it to the last second. That'll show em.

Anywho...
What's the latest on the Monopoly deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if it gets to 6pm and a deal for Beams looks very unlikely can anyone think of a realistic trade for pick 18 and a future selection that could be of benefit?

Any teams have high calibre FS/Academy prospects next season?

Perhaps if Geelong or West Coast did we could land picks 20 and 22 for pick 18 and a future 2nd.

Pick 20 would cover a bid for Quaynor from pick 15 onwards while 22 should remain live before a bid for Kelly came.

Adelaide with pick 21 though could potentially be a problem with 1 Kelly brother already on the list.

Pick 18 and future 1st to Fremantle for pick 11 and 30.

Potentially risky but a bid for Quaynor unlikely prior to this point. Pick 30 would deliver 620pts.

Pick 18 might be enough for Fremantle to satisfy GWS for Lobb.

picks 20 & 22 is more than fair for a player who is at the end of the day a one season wonder.

Geelong are being knobs.

I think, if you've only played one season, you're not a one-season wonder, you're just a wonder.

No doubt, they're asking for more than what we think the guy (who I agree, is overrated), but they're in a position of strength.

Geelong gave the guy a lifeline after 18 clubs overlooked him for 5 years. 12 months later and he's requesting to break a contract and go to the reigning premier.

He can stay, play out his deal and West Coast can have another crack next season if they don't pony up this year. Geelong run the risk of him getting injured or losing value, but I still think it's logical business.

So the Dockers have softened on Neale. That means they can accept out future second as part of a Beams deal and Brisbane can keep pick 18 from this year. Easy.

Wouldn’t you love it if it takes all day to agree on this huge multi club mega deal and then at 8.00pm tonight Collingwood refuse to sign off on it and leaves everyone in limbo as they were. That would be sticking it right up the rest of the comp.

Wouldn’t you love it if it takes all day to agree on this huge multi club mega deal and then at 8.00pm tonight Collingwood refuse to sign off on it and leaves everyone in limbo as they were. That would be sticking it right up the rest of the comp.
I would love for something like this to happen.
Maybe then in future years clubs wouldn't be so keen to leave it to the last minute.

So the Dockers have softened on Neale. That means they can accept out future second as part of a Beams deal and Brisbane can keep pick 18 from this year. Easy.

Haha I would be disappointed to miss out on Beams but it would be pretty good if we actually had no interest in him the whole time and were bluffing to screw everyone else’s trades

“Beams? What made you guys think we wanted a midfielder?? “

This would absolutely make my day, then low ball brisbane and screw everything up.

I think, if you've only played one season, you're not a one-season wonder, you're just a wonder.

No doubt, they're asking for more than what we think the guy (who I agree, is overrated), but they're in a position of strength.

Geelong gave the guy a lifeline after 18 clubs overlooked him for 5 years. 12 months later and he's requesting to break a contract and go to the reigning premier.

He can stay, play out his deal and West Coast can have another crack next season if they don't pony up this year. Geelong run the risk of him getting injured or losing value, but I still think it's logical business.
agree that Geelong can quite rightly feel miffed by Kelly wanting out after one year when they were the ones who gave him an AFL opportunity.

But what WC have offered is fair.

Just wonder how Kelly will go next year if a deal isn't done and what his value will be if his second season doesn't live up to the promise of his first.... WC could potentially get him considerably cheaper next year, which is reallly why I reckon Geelong would be advised to take up their offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back