Mega Thread 2018 Trade Period Discussion part 2! (cont. in Part 3 - link in OP)

What are we going to do??

• 4 picks 21 and under? Back in Hamish!

Votes: 74 67.9%
  • Trade up! We’re getting Lukosius / Rankine / Rozee!!!

Votes: 35 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonkers000

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Freo traded out 6 for 11 and later picks, only to trade Neale for 6 back in, with some more picks?

ATsince1973

Senior List
Oct 4, 2012
Adelaide SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
KC Royals
If we’re gong to trade up I think only 6 & 7 are realistic and actually they’re perfect because other teams want players they can retain.

1. Walsh to Carlton
2. King/King/Smith to GC
3. King/King/Smith to GC
4. King/Smith to Saints
5. Rankine to Power
6. Luko to Crows
7. Rozee to Crows

(2021: Rankine to Hawthorn)

Perfecto.

So if we can get Pick 7 first, then swapping 8 for 6 shouldn’t be too hard... the other club knows exactly what they’re missing and getting because the SA clubs’ targets are obvious.

Could it even be done leaving us a pick in the 20s for a Hamish special?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

tenor.gif

Thats fine I do trust our Club when it comes to this area. Im sure we have lined up some great talent with out picks.

Superstars are great, but with 4 picks inside 21, we can rebuild our list without having to be a Carlton and be depressed for years and years without any hope or chance.

It already did, assuming you were born pre-1997.

I eas born 1959 and I've had a gutful of SA teams being bullied and intimidated by eastern states teams. I've played in, managed and watched more than my share of state teams who have capitulated "bravely" to the easttern states teams and used the old "punched above our weight" line. South Australians as a whole, generally see ourselves as somehow inferior to the eastern states, even if only subconsciously.

I for one am over it!

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
I agree with what you've said in theory but the reality is that we don't have a big enough or shinny enough sink to throw anywhere, except maybe at the Saints pick, for there to be a realistic chance of trading up.

If GC are set on 2 particular players why would they even consider giving away 2 & 3 when keeping those picks guarantees they get who they want and they have a heap more picks to play with as well.
If we wait till draft night to move up we'll need to give away the whole house not just the kitchen sink to even have an outside chance.

If we keep our current hand I don't see we get any of the SA trio, and if we don't and we've been tracking and preparing for this draft for years then that would be a fail.

Hope I'm wrong and you're right but at this stage I think it points more to us missing the boat on the SA lads.
I agree we will likely miss the SA lads, but it's not a fail if the cost of getting them was too high, ie saints have said they want 8, 13 and 16 for pick 4 which is too high imo. If we don't have the currency on our own there is no point making other clubs stronger just to get an SA lad.

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
If we’re gong to trade up I think only 6 & 7 are realistic and actually they’re perfect because other teams want players they can retain.

1. Walsh to Carlton
2. King/King/Smith to GC
3. King/King/Smith to GC
4. King/Smith to Saints
5. Rankine to Power
6. Luko to Crows
7. Rozee to Crows

(2021: Rankine to Hawthorn)

Perfecto.

So if we can get Pick 7 first, it’s really just a one-place swap with a team who knows Rozee is much higher risk to them anyway.

THEN swapping 8 for 6 is essentially the same ... the othe club knows exactly what they’re missing and getting because the SA clubs’ targets are obvious.

Could it even be done leaving us a pick in the 20s for a Hamish special?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

GC are not after the King brothers or Smith. They picked up a good mate of the SA boys in Burgess as one of their state league options. They will go after the SA players and the SA clubs know this.

Yeah, Port put a big sold sign on the for sale sign out the front of the farm.

Its like selling a cheap broken down house with a fresh coat of paint at Alberton. Would you really really want to live their regardless of the price. :p

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well yes again. **** Bigfooty, you can't say anything on here without it being misconstrued.

Yes they were both good contributors, and port will miss that kind of input, but they were also the centre of the latest disharmony at Port. Getting rid of that is a good thing for any team.
Bookmark this for next time people want to keep someone that wants out of the Crows

Aaron929

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Were up to something.

We were suggested to be apart of several deals that would help Brisbane, Freo, St Kilda.

Yet none of them were taken either we don't think it's worth giving up a strong hand to move up or we are working on something with GC or St Kilda

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Trade paperwork officially lodged. Melbourne trade Jesse Hogan and Rd 4 (65) (on traded from St Kilda) to Fremantle for Rd 1 (6) (on traded from Brisbane Lions) and Rd 2 (23) (on traded from Port Adelaide).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back