Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone clarify the influence Bolton (or any coach) has on trades? How much say would he have in the decision about using pick 1 for Shiel for example?
Given the state and stage of the list I'd reckon his input would be limited to player types not individuals.

In coming seasons he might have more input into actual target names.

Pretty poor trade period for us to be honest, been told all year we will be addressing our need for mature mids. A few handy ones up for grabs and we were unsuccessful.

Agree it's a little disappointing not to get the mature midfield help we were after, but at the same time I think it's clear the club did it's best and SOS left no stone unturned...ultimately gun 25-26 year olds don't want to join a team who finished with 2 wins.

We didn't get the out and out gun but picked up some best 22 mature players.

Up to Bolton and co now to ensure we show enough improvement in 2019 to entice a big fish next trade period.

TC as well, and the Club definitely read both from time to time, even if only to monitor if information is leaking.

The club reads bigfooty?

I hereby apologise for all my cheese and Lamb puns.

#SorryNotSorry

Pretty poor trade period for us to be honest, been told all year we will be addressing our need for mature mids. A few handy ones up for grabs and we were unsuccessful.
Bud be happy with what we got.
We picked up some young contracted players that wanted to play with us, kept our first and will pick up some mature bodies as DFA's or as rookies.
Nearly as good is that not one of our young players or any player for that matter requested a trade out.

Oh its Laurel and Hardy now.

Xquzwsa.jpg

6NlWKTh.jpg

Actually its really not that far off.

I thought we were going to address the lack of players in our 23-28 age range, not specifically mids.

How many 25 year olds want to come to a bottom team? We are building something good. This trade/draft period is a massive success if it all finished now. Add newman and we have done extremely well

To be fair, I don’t remember the club specifically saying “mids”, just “players 24-27. Anyone recall the club specifying mids?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No 'big fish' quality, perhaps, but we've added three 'best 22' players (and with Newman, possibly four), to which we'll most likely add Walsh - so there's an injection of five players into the 22, which on quantity alone, is substantial. Add Docherty, hopefully Williamson, and that's a vastly changed line-up to anything we fielded this year.

The real challenge now is getting (and keeping) this lot on the park together. Oh, and signing a midfield line coach (what's going on there?)...

Pretty confident that when 830 comes around
Nic Newman will be a Carlton player
Dylan Shiel will be an Essendon player
Pick one will still be ours
Our first pick next year will still be ours

Lots of crazy stuff flying around
Sorry mate, I appreciate all you do, but it’s that crazy stuff that makes me doubt we’re done. We may not get Shiel, but with SOS listening to offers, I reckon something may happen, especially as this is the last chance to trade players and there’s plenty of mention of Martin still. I doubt that Shiel goes back to GWS also. If it comes down to the line, I reckon SOS has given GWS a verbal offer to mull. I also reckon he may be playing poker with GCS and the 2 SA clubs. My tip is ADE come hard late, they are behind the other suitors and could miss out on 3 SA prospects if they stay put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back